• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:11 PM

I'm not sure if this thread is considered too spammy for the forums, but I'm getting off my depression medicine. I've felt horrible and terribly depressed since I started taking it, every day since years ago. It wasn't my choice to start taking it, it was because I had hallucinations and thought I was talking to people that weren't there and stuff - well, mostly deities. I went down to half a dose before I fully get off it and my mind has already felt clearer. I can make decisions again!

The thing is though, this might end up making a positive or negative effect on me in the long run. I just don't know yet. I could find that, like the doctors think, this medicine had helped me cope and I'm somehow bad off without it. Or I could find that this medicine was bad for me and that I was allergic to it or something. It's also hard to tell whether I will continue to have hallucinations. But the fact is, I have just felt mostly terrible lately while on it.

There is more I could say about this, but it's a bit too PG/PG13 for the forum. Maybe if you PMed me. I give most of you permission to PM me about this if you wanted to know a bit more... I will respond.

#2 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:45 PM

Yeah it's kinda silly when one of the side effects of antidepressants is suicidal thoughts.

My family kinda had to put my brother on suicide watch after he attempted to kill himself. He would never do such a thing, but dem antidepressants doe. They try to fix you but you end up becoming an entirely different person.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#3 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:46 AM

Glad to hear you're feeling better, and hope this works out for you. As Tom said, anti-depressants are a pretty crazy drug (from what I hear, don't have any personal experiences) and life without them can sometimes be a lot nicer.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#4 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:07 PM

Good move.

Usually there is a root cause of depression that you never get to if you're madking it with drugs.

Depression is like a barometer. Tells us something. And if it's something we can change, then it lets us know to do so.
If it's over something we cannot change, it's time to learn how to deal with those things without being burdened by them. Sometimes we have to learn to make the best out of what happens in life, no matter how "unfair."

#5 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:27 PM

If you're hallucinating and this medication is supposed to prevent that then I would talk to your doctor before you stop taking it. Anti-depressants vary so if you let your doctor know that your current one isn't working for you then you can try another one. That being said, you should be seeing a psychologist while on your medication so you can work towards improving yourself with the goal of being well enough to not need the medication anymore. For some people with neurological conditions medication is something they will always need but for a lot of people it's just psychological so working towards not needing the medication anymore is a good goal but it's a goal you should make with a professional especially if you're as bad as seeing hallucinations which suggests more than just depression.

Bottom line, talk to your doctor for advice.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!