Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:21 AM

Edited by Sorceror12, 09 December 2014 - 10:11 AM.
embedded video

#2 montytom

montytom

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • NNID:Montego
  • Fandom:
    Sonic,Uncharted,Mario

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:04 AM

It's quite an ingenious way of doing it but I am thinking that I may just keep mine sealed

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:22 AM

This is neat, but then if you think about it... it is just a waste of time and dumb lol.

So, some who collect will purchase an item, never use it, keep it sealed and in mint condition inside the packaging. The point of the video is you can keep the amiibo in the box and still use it, but at any point if you wish to resell the item as a collector, the item is no longer in mint condition.

Even the minor, hard to see cut and scrubbing off of the foil sticker removes it from being what a collector would look for in some years down the road. That's if the person doing this would want to resell. You'd be better either buying and keeping in tact 100%, or just opening up and enjoying the figure on your shelf apart from the clam shell. Or, most serious collectors will buy 2 of each.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:58 AM

Or you could...

I don't know...

Take it out of the box?

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#5 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:00 PM

Yeah

This is neat, but then if you think about it... it is just a waste of time and dumb lol.

So, some who collect will purchase an item, never use it, keep it sealed and in mint condition inside the packaging. The point of the video is you can keep the amiibo in the box and still use it, but at any point if you wish to resell the item as a collector, the item is no longer in mint condition.

Even the minor, hard to see cut and scrubbing off of the foil sticker removes it from being what a collector would look for in some years down the road. That's if the person doing this would want to resell. You'd be better either buying and keeping in tact 100%, or just opening up and enjoying the figure on your shelf apart from the clam shell. Or, most serious collectors will buy 2 of each.

I agree. The box seal has been damaged and so it isn't really a sealed item anymore. No different than opening up the package to remove the foil, then close it as best as possible. Might as well just take it out and keep it in a secured display case.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#6 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:17 PM

I'm a bit reckless when it comes to playing around with tools on little things, I think I would just take the amiibo out of the box :P

Oh, to those that have amiibos, which would you say is the best one? (In terms of strength and appearance and quality of paint/plastic, and well, how good the rewards they find are).

Edited by Horse, 09 December 2014 - 02:17 PM.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#7 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:51 PM

Dumb imo.
The box is open what's the point?
Now if you want the figure to stay mint. I'd say put them in another box.
Kinda like a sleeve for cards hut a clear cubic for the figures
That's just my 2 cents on this.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#8 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:08 PM

Personally if I was so into collecting I'd probably buy two of each instead of this method. Perhaps there are those that can't and consider this an acceptable compromise. Iunno.

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:53 PM

I'm a bit reckless when it comes to playing around with tools on little things, I think I would just take the amiibo out of the box :P

Oh, to those that have amiibos, which would you say is the best one? (In terms of strength and appearance and quality of paint/plastic, and well, how good the rewards they find are).

Kirby is super sturdy cause he is a blob lol. I really like him, yoshi, villager.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#10 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:00 AM

I thought the box would remain untouched.
Still, when i get mine i'll just take it out of the box.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amiibo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!