KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:41 PM

There's no reason it will be a lot more expensive. IIRC, the New 3DS/XL sells for around the same as the old 3DS/XL in Japan. Wikipedia backs me up on this.

Yeah but the 2DS is considerably cheaper than both

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#22 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:42 PM

Yeah the new 3ds will simply take place where the prices are for the current 3ds. I'd expect the 3ds to slowly fade out of stores too.
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#23 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:44 PM

2DS? And Bravely Default...eek. Brave man. Brave man. I wanna throw my copy of BD in the blender.

#24 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

Yeah but the 2DS is considerably cheaper than both

Eh...Not really. I mean, it get's cheaper, But I'm thinking(This is complete Conjecture) that we'll see a change in pricing. 2DS goes on sale for $99 and under frequently, so I could see the prices jumping down to 2DS at $99, New 3DS at $150, and New 3DS XL at $180.

2DS? And Bravely Default...eek. Brave man. Brave man. I wanna throw my copy of BD in the blender.

Is this because of the Infamous last half? I haven't played it yet, but apparently the last half is like... WE RAN OUT OF THE BUDGET, TIME TO REPEAT STUFF.

Edited by Shovel Knight, 10 December 2014 - 06:49 PM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#25 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:51 PM

I've been dieing to play Bravely Default. It will probably be the first game I seriously pick up. But I'm also aware of how Square sometimes butchers stories. But so long as I go into it with Sonic Boom esque expectations, I think I might be alright.

#26 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:02 PM

Eh...Not really. I mean, it get's cheaper, But I'm thinking(This is complete Conjecture) that we'll see a change in pricing. 2DS goes on sale for $99 and under frequently, so I could see the prices jumping down to 2DS at $99, New 3DS at $150, and New 3DS XL at $180.

Is this because of the Infamous last half? I haven't played it yet, but apparently the last half is like... WE RAN OUT OF THE BUDGET, TIME TO REPEAT STUFF.

It's because it's just not a good game in general. It's dull and uninspired. Combat mechanic is kinda dumb. Not much of anything to the story. Game just drags it's damn feet. Pacing is god awful. Then yeah last half of the game is fight these 97 bosses in a row you beat before and stupid garbage like that.

Only good thing is if you do the Konami code on the main menu. Get a bonus cutscene. Also the music is nice.

#27 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:04 PM

Dude that's almost twice as much money...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#28 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:10 PM

It's because it's just not a good game in general. It's dull and uninspired. Combat mechanic is kinda dumb. Not much of anything to the story. Game just drags it's damn feet. Pacing is god awful. Then yeah last half of the game is fight these 97 bosses in a row you beat before and stupid garbage like that.

Only good thing is if you do the Konami code on the main menu. Get a bonus cutscene. Also the music is nice.

I liked the combat in the demo, but I still think Press Turn in SMT is the Best Turnbased Combat(Minus the insane crap you can do in Etrian Odyssey. You can(If you get lucky/the right synergy) deal 50 HITS in one turn.

Dude that's almost twice as much money...

Still, it's not like IT's that expensive of a jump. Lot more money to me is iPhone territory, where to get a decent size nowdays(Pre 6) you needed to spend $200 more. a Lot for me is the difference between buying a 3DS and getting the most  out of it(If you look for deals, you can get 32Gig card, $50 Eshop, a game, and a system for roughly $220  and a Vita(Which goes for $200, with $80 32 Gig card, $50 PS+ Sub(You basically need that for a Vita if you want your money's worth) and a game, which puts it in $370. Not a LOT more expensive for what you get.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

#29 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:14 PM

I liked the combat in the demo, but I still think Press Turn in SMT is the Best Turnbased Combat(Minus the insane crap you can do in Etrian Odyssey. You can(If you get lucky/the right synergy) deal 50 HITS in one turn.

Still, it's not like IT's that expensive of a jump. Lot more money to me is iPhone territory, where to get a decent size nowdays(Pre 6) you needed to spend $200 more. a Lot for me is the difference between buying a 3DS and getting the most  out of it(If you look for deals, you can get 32Gig card, $50 Eshop, a game, and a system for roughly $220  and a Vita(Which goes for $200, with $80 32 Gig card, $50 PS+ Sub(You basically need that for a Vita if you want your money's worth) and a game, which puts it in $370. Not a LOT more expensive for what you get.

Well i guess it's a perspective thing. To me 60 - 90 dollars more is a lot more expegasus generatorive.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#30 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:25 PM

Well i guess it's a perspective thing. To me 60 - 90 dollars more is a lot more expegasus generatorive.

Eh, I'm not exactly rich(I think I'm lower upper middle class, but my family has a metric crap ton of debt from Med School/Other stuff) so I know the value of the dollar, But I get your point. Though in the long run(Assuming New 3DS gets more then 3 games) your invest pays off.

#31 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:29 PM

Eh, I'm not exactly rich(I think I'm lower upper middle class, but my family has a metric crap ton of debt from Med School/Other stuff) so I know the value of the dollar, But I get your point. Though in the long run(Assuming New 3DS gets more then 3 games) your invest pays off.

I recently heard a stat that 90% of Canadians (but I'm sure this is similar for americans) think they're middle class lol

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#32 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:50 PM

I recently heard a stat that 90% of Canadians (but I'm sure this is similar for americans) think they're middle class lol

Using math, my dad family would be upper class on income(Think 140K). However, Med School/School loans/Debt my family has basically eating away 40-60% of that plus 6 people,etc, it's not like I live a life of luxury. Trust me, Med school was rough for my family, we're talking us being on Government Lunches getting donations for Christmas/Thanksgiving poor because Student Loans crap is meant for one person. Luckily, that's improved somewhat, but it still happened.

#33 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:12 PM

My brother wanted me to get the 2DS not because I was poor, but he knew I'd consider the 3DS XL a rather throwaway item at this point, eventually getting something else. The New 3DS XL would have been better, but can we be certain a new Nintendo handheld isn't coming in 1-2 years?

#34 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:23 PM

Using math, my dad family would be upper class on income(Think 140K). However, Med School/School loans/Debt my family has basically eating away 40-60% of that plus 6 people,etc, it's not like I live a life of luxury. Trust me, Med school was rough for my family, we're talking us being on Government Lunches getting donations for Christmas/Thanksgiving poor because Student Loans crap is meant for one person. Luckily, that's improved somewhat, but it still happened.

I wasn't saying you're not living middle class life, i was just saying it's kind of overused and meaning less, and can apply to a very wide range of earnings.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#35 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:24 PM

Gotta have that xenoblade on new 3ds. BTW I like the red-clear see through 2ds.

Idc about xenoblade :P

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#36 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:25 PM

Idc about xenoblade :P

Why not?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#37 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:34 PM

Why not?

Because, he's xenophobic! :)

#38 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:19 PM

To deny Xenoblade,then just stop gaming because you no longer deserve to.

#39 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:01 AM

To deny Xenoblade,then just stop gaming because you no longer deserve to.

Wow... You're an *insert word that is annopropiate here*

It's not like the game is easy to find any ways...

Edited by Horse, 11 December 2014 - 11:29 AM.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#40 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:07 AM

Wow... You're a *insert word that is annopropiate here*

It's not like the game is easy to find any ways...

k but that word doesn't exist. It's coming to the new 3DS so you better care. Series is made to compete with FF and it's already better.

Nintendo fans better care and better support these big games.

Telling the truth here. Truth sounds like hatred to those who hate the truth. So you can't handle the truth. Not going to stop me from telling it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!