• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:41 PM

So it was one of the worst selling Zelda games. So it took only 6 months to make. Past that is one of the darkest Zelda games, filled with difficulty, a timer, and a sort of apocalyptic feel.

People who don't like this game will be quick to point out the fact it is a game of reused content. But it is so much more than that. The game is so dark, it's almost cheery. Mummies circling a cursed guy. A moon with a face. Etc. In fact, it shares qualities of horrific classics like The War of the Worlds.

This game is a reflection of what a scary and confused place the world can be. And don't worry, beneath that is a fun game as well, filled with at least two bosses that will really, almost deeply, challenge you. One of them being the last guy.

But past that, this game is both a dream and a nightmare. It's a glass half full and a glass half empty, a game of everything and a game of nothing. But more than anything, I'd say this game deserves its small cult following of fans, that should grow with this rerelease...

#2 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:52 PM

The moon is the reason I can't sleep at night with it watching me @_@

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:10 PM

I think its a great entry for Zelda fans who place emphasis on the overworld / town aspect of the Zelda games. Lots of content for explorers to dig into.

Its main weakness is definately only having 4 dungeons though.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:14 PM

One of my least liked Zelda games. Music is good and have the OST. Game itself I would like it but the 3 day mechanic just ruins it for me. I know it's what makes it different and all. I just personally can't stand it.

#5 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

Don't understand when people claim it better than OOT.

#6 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:09 PM

the one zelda i had but didnt play enough of it. lol. I played about 20mins of it then never play it again. So this will be pretty new to me. Even tho i got the gamecube bundle (oot, mm and 20min demo of ww)

so ill be enjoying it fully for the first time

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#7 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:38 PM

its my favorite zelda game because i am cool and edgy

#8 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:09 PM

I'm interested in seeing peoples ranking of each game.

#9 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:20 PM

its my favorite zelda game because i am cool and edgy

me too. liking things that most people don't like makes me feel thoughtful, independent, and overall superior

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:05 PM

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#11 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:24 PM

One of the worst Zelda games??? WHAT!?   The game is in my opinion the best zelda game.  It broke away from hyrule offering the most unique, still zelda, experience of all of them.  Plus, its great difficulty and its underlying terrifying tone supplements it's lack of content.  It was a game that made the most out of four dungeons.  Each dungeon had so much to do beforehand and so much story and creepy backround it made the game full.  Also, the world is by far the fullest and most lively of all zelda games, it actually felt like people's home, a home they would lose very soon.  The ever dampening mood and the subtle changes in the ambiance and music also added to the games rich immersion and terrified all who played it.  And then there is stone tower temple, the best and most twisted dungeon to ever exist in a zelda game. Also, link becomes and acrobat and flips while jumping, who didnt love that? I could go on for days as to why this is my favorite zelda game, but I'm just gonna stop now  :D

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!