NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:49 AM

Source https://www.unrealen...d-unreal-engine

We here at OUYA are thrilled to announce we now have support for UE4 on the OUYA console!

The fork (via GitHub, info below) of the Unreal Editor has built-in support for the OUYA SDK from Blueprints making OUYA Everywhere and OUYA In-App-Purchases available to coders and non-coders. The fork has documented examples for virtual controllers, in-app-purchases, and modifies the “Tappy Chicken” example project to work with controllers on the OUYA.

Stay tuned for the next feature, Community Content, which empowers users to add content for apps and games on the OUYA. If you have any questions be sure to join in the OUYA Office Hours weekly hangout to participate in the Q&A session, check out the UE4 documentation, and show your progress on the forums. You will need a current Unreal Engine subscription and link your Unreal account with GitHub username to obtain access to the OUYA Fork of the Unreal Engine.

As always, you can give us feedback at @playouya, or by emailing us at officehours@ouya.tv.

I'm surprised this little console and company are still chugging along.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Chronos21

Chronos21

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:29 AM

Hmm, but WiiU is to "weak" 😒

#3 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:37 AM

Ouya started out good, but some bad decisions were made leading to it being forgotten. Developer relations, vision, etc.

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

ooh...yeah. This thing exists still for some reason.

#5 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

Please someone confirm to me that ouya is more powerful than Wii U? Is this thing even selling? Damn they so blatantly despise Nintendo 

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:01 AM

Please someone confirm to me that ouya is more powerful than Wii U? Is this thing even selling? Damn they so blatantly despise Nintendo 

OUYA is basically an outdated android phone plugged into a wall. A lot less effort to support a mobile like device, i guess they see $$

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:07 AM

Tegra 3. So it's kinda old now. It was never even close to Wii U. It runs Unity like Wii U so it can have some decent looking games if done well but it's pretty much a phone in a box running a modified Android OS.

#8 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:47 AM

I haven't booted up my OUYA in a while, they did some really nice things though with the UI skin over android. The problem with OUYA is that while it may have some fun games to play, and perhaps a gem or two... the rest of it is pure crap and even worse to filter through then google play or the ios app store.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!