Photo

Possible Twilight Princess 3DS (new grain of salt rumor)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:52 PM

http://www.zeldainfo...ds#.VNwi_pD0BDt

I hope so. Would love to play the game in 3D.

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:36 PM

Seriously 3DS is overkill with Zelda ports and remakes and just Zelda in general. Yeah I know Nintendo diehards and Zelda fans may not get enough but not everyone with a 3DS just wants 67 Zelda games. How about publish Dragon Quest 7 in the west instead. Or more new idea games like Steam.

#3 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:41 PM

I wouldn't have minded to see a new 3D Zelda game on the 3DS rather than MM, I understand why they did that though since they're so busy with Zelda U.

I just wanna see more new ideas though...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#4 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:06 PM

How about they take that new cpu processing power and bring me F-Zero GX 3d port since they are so into ports. Just saying

#5 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:59 PM

Leave Gamecube and Wii remakes for the Wii U

#6 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:14 AM

My guess as to why TP for New 3DS:

There's less work I think in making TP work on the New 3DS, which has a low resolution screen, then there is on Wii U, where they'd be effectively remaking a good chunk of the content because HD works be harder.

Otherwise, just give me DQ7 3DS please. I need it badly, Nintendo, and it would be amazing.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#7 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:18 AM

Seriously 3DS is overkill with Zelda ports and remakes and just Zelda in general. Yeah I know Nintendo diehards and Zelda fans may not get enough but not everyone with a 3DS just wants 67 Zelda games. How about publish Dragon Quest 7 in the west instead. Or more new idea games like Steam.

probably because those games dont sell very well

#8 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:34 AM

The news would coincide with this which we saw back in September. Xenoblade Chronicles, Twilight Princess, Mario Sunshine, Code Name Steam (enhanced). Just a note, the below image may not be all factual regarding specs and games.

If Nintendo wants to push the "new" 3ds aspect, I could see them doing another Zelda exclusive to it and adding in a Mario title too,

rO2bfla.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#9 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:57 AM

to much zelda.... lol

but really iwould like to see metroid. We dont have a single new game. The wii u or the 3ds. I love the old side scroll gba ones.

So i think its time for them to make a new metroid for the new 3ds.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:09 AM

probably because those games dont sell very well

Wrong. Dragon Quest IX sold 1 million units in the US alone. DQ9 became the best selling DQ game of all time. Bravely Default sold 1 million units. Fire Emblem Awakening sold close to 1 million when it needed 240 thousand to be successful.

Not only do they sell. They have been setting sales records.

#11 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:15 AM

I'm not buying this rumour. I doubt they'll do any more Zelda in the near future. Nintendo don't tend to oversaturate a genre. I'd much rather see another 3D Mario. The sunshine remake would be birlliant. 

Wrong. Dragon Quest IX sold 1 million units in the US alone. DQ9 became the best selling DQ game of all time. Bravely Default sold 1 million units. Fire Emblem Awakening sold close to 1 million when it needed 240 thousand to be successful.

Not only do they sell. They have been setting sales records.

Fire Emblem is probably closer to 2 million at this point. It's at 1.5million physical sales. Add somewhere between 10-20 percent for digital. It's the best selling in the franchise by quite a way!

Edited by MarcusT, 12 February 2015 - 09:15 AM.

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:32 AM

The news would coincide with this which we saw back in September. Xenoblade Chronicles, Twilight Princess, Mario Sunshine, Code Name Steam (enhanced). Just a note, the below image may not be all factual regarding specs and games.

If Nintendo wants to push the "new" 3ds aspect, I could see them doing another Zelda exclusive to it and adding in a Mario title too,

rO2bfla.jpg

...if they actually released Twilight Princess and Super Mario Sunshine on the New3DS, I'd love it. Twilight Princess is one of my favorite Zelda games just in tone and dungeons, and Mario Sunshine writes itself.

As for people saying "too many remakes/re-releases"...well, you're not wrong. But the thing is, this is pretty much par for the course for Nintendo. The GBC got a few SNES/NES ports, GBA got even more SNES ports, DS/3DS got a few N64 remakes/ports, so it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo moved to GameCube remakes/ports for the New3DS.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:08 PM

As for people saying "too many remakes/re-releases"...well, you're not wrong. But the thing is, this is pretty much par for the course for Nintendo. The GBC got a few SNES/NES ports, GBA got even more SNES ports, DS/3DS got a few N64 remakes/ports, so it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo moved to GameCube remakes/ports for the New3DS.

The good thing about remakes is at least you know you're getting a pretty good game. They don't tend to remake bad games. And when it's a game you haven't played for a decade or so (like Majora's Mask), it's pretty much as good as a new game.

#14 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:58 PM

The good thing about remakes is at least you know you're getting a pretty good game. They don't tend to remake bad games. And when it's a game you haven't played for a decade or so (like Majora's Mask), it's pretty much as good as a new game.

I also look at it like this. We're getting legitimate handheld versions of games that were previously tied to home consoles...and I think that's fantastic. Granted, I still think asking full price for a console to handheld port without adding much of anything new is a bit much, but it's still fantastic that we're getting them.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#15 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:41 PM

I also look at it like this. We're getting legitimate handheld versions of games that were previously tied to home consoles...and I think that's fantastic. Granted, I still think asking full price for a console to handheld port without adding much of anything new is a bit much, but it's still fantastic that we're getting them.

If it's just a port, I agree full price is bad. But I wouldn't call the 2 Zelda games ports at all. They're complete remakes. I don't think Nintendo have ever charged full price for a port, have they?

Wind waker HD is the closest I guess. I'm not even sure I'd call that a port. But I guess some people might. The line between port and remake is very blurry.

Edited by MarcusT, 12 February 2015 - 01:44 PM.

#16 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

I am a little bit surprised that the New 3DS can handle a Wii Game. Yes, the resolution is a little reduced but I'm surprised it make such a differnce.

And I suppose it helps that Twilight Princess doesn't make as much use of the pointy-shooty and the wiggly-waggly as Skyward Sword does.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#17 Teddy

Teddy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • NNID:latios
  • Fandom:
    mlp

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:46 PM

must every zelda game be remade

cant have signature cuz of internet explorer :/

#18 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:52 PM

If they port Gamecube games to 3DS. Why not Giftpia?

Plenty of weird games on Wii,Wii U,E Shop DS and 3DS. Nintendo promised this game would have a western release. I'm still waiting

#19 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:53 PM

must every zelda game be remade

Must we still listen to the works of Beethoven?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#20 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:32 PM

Leave Gamecube and Wii remakes for the Wii U

Ain't that the truth

0 user(s) are reading this topic