• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:44 PM

No it wasn't.  It was fine plus got fast travel mid game.  It was slower to travel as young link in OoT or on horseback in TP.  Just people don't understand how sailing works that whatever way the wind blows you go faster. They made the game easier for people complaining an easy game is to hard.  No matter where the wind is go faster. There was a lot to discover in WW ocean and it was at the perfect speed to let you do so.

I'm pretty sure everyone understood how sailing worked. I even used the sale-pumping trick that speedrunners use. I still found it a nightmare. Just having to change the wind direction was annoying. And if you look at the various reviews for the game, the swift sail was pretty much universally acknowledged as a great addition.

Edited by MarcusT, 17 February 2015 - 05:44 PM.

#22 SAVAGE420

SAVAGE420

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:36 PM

I...CAN'T.....WAIT.

Its going to be DEEEEEE EEEEE ECENT!!!

#23 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:17 PM

Oh boy, this gon be good.

Waiting for the special edition announcement

#24 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:14 AM

With the size this world supposedly is I can't see a whole new zelda with a whole new world being developed before the end of the wii u's life cycle.

Which makes me wonder since we usually get two zelda games per generation, does WWHD count as one or instead of a second game will we see a new story in the form of large-scale DLC a couple of years down the line?

#25 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:37 AM

With the size this world supposedly is I can't see a whole new zelda with a whole new world being developed before the end of the wii u's life cycle.

Which makes me wonder since we usually get two zelda games per generation, does WWHD count as one or instead of a second game will we see a new story in the form of large-scale DLC a couple of years down the line?

Yeah, I'd seriously doubt we'll get another on the Wii U. Just consider the 3 we've had on the 3DS as compensation! 

#26 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:44 AM

Well Wii only got one Zelda if ports don't count. TP was a Gamecube game ported to Wii. WWHD is your second Zelda plus there is Hyrule Warriors and it.s mountain of DLC. Zelda U is making it sound so massive that won't need a Zelda game after it for a while. SO maybe big enough for a couple Zelda games. I am willing to bet Skyward Sword comes to VC to join Minish Cap,NES Zelda games and SNES. So seems there is plenty to get a Zelda fix.

#27 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:31 PM

Yeah this will almost certainly be our only Zelda, I'm assuming the next Ninty console to be out 2018 at the latest, and with it I suspect a new Zelda will be shown.  Also, with the wii u being a comercial failure, they won't want to put too much money into a game that has a terrible install base, and they will probably try to use the IP to drive next gen sales.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#28 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:07 PM

Yeah this will almost certainly be our only Zelda, I'm assuming the next Ninty console to be out 2018 at the latest, and with it I suspect a new Zelda will be shown.  Also, with the wii u being a comercial failure, they won't want to put too much money into a game that has a terrible install base, and they will probably try to use the IP to drive next gen sales.

Explain to me how making profit is a commercial failure? because it didn't sell 20 million? Doesn't matter the system makes profit. That's the point. You can't be failing if you make money. Gamecube made money. Wii U makes money. Sony is failing losing billions per year and cutting 18,000 jobs in 3 years and posting it's 7th annual loss.

Top it off Wii U software sales up 175% last year. Nintendo isn't failing as a business nore is Wii U. No it's not sold in the bajillions like Wii did or PS4 is but PS4 will see diminishing returns.

#29 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:04 PM

Explain to me how making profit is a commercial failure? because it didn't sell 20 million? Doesn't matter the system makes profit. That's the point. You can't be failing if you make money. Gamecube made money. Wii U makes money. Sony is failing losing billions per year and cutting 18,000 jobs in 3 years and posting it's 7th annual loss.

Top it off Wii U software sales up 175% last year. Nintendo isn't failing as a business nore is Wii U. No it's not sold in the bajillions like Wii did or PS4 is but PS4 will see diminishing returns.

Look I didn't mean to start a riot.  I personally absolutely love the wii u, that is why I am here.  But in its first couple years it did cause operating losses for the company.  I was just pointing out that the social stigma and the inability to top even 10 million is in no way a success.  Not everyone can win every time, and Nintendo knows the Wii U hasn't been what they hoped, the best thing they can do is pick themselves up and hit hard with their next console, and a Zelda game to launch would be a perfect plan.  Yes they did post a profit this year, and will almost certainly post another one this year with Zelda, StarFox, and XBX, but after that they have to look to a brighter future where they could have an install base of more than 9.2 million (or as I suspect, around 15-20 by the time the next console is released.)  Also I said nothing about Sony, so I do not know how they came into the reply, but I have mad respect for Sony as well and their business model of getting a large install base to sell software, because software makes a lot more money than hardware.  This is also why the Wii U isn't completely failing, because its low install base is big into buying all of Ninty's games ,with them selling millions.  Nintendo will always be the software king, and though they are on track to lose this gen, I believe they still have some magic.

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#30 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:14 PM

Just I see that Wii U is failing everywhere I go it's annoying to see that misinformation everywhere. It's just as annoying to see as people calling the system no better than PS3. You see it so much you take it at face value and just don't usually expect to see it here. So yeah took the post as face value.

Sony came in a reaction since so often dealing with Sony bots. People usually assume Sony is doing so well and Nintendo is doomed.

#31 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:10 PM

Right, but you can't really compare Sony and Nintendo. Sony do a lot of other things. And their problems are largely with those other things. The PS4 is probably their single most valuable business. Whereas Nintendos is sadly their handheld (not that sad, I like both)

Edited by MarcusT, 18 February 2015 - 07:10 PM.

#32 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:10 PM

Actually it's kinda funny. Sony is talking about removing it's TV brand and smartphones. Downsizing even more. Sony is selling buildings. PS brand only thing making profit right now. Sony has closed doen studio's and sold  off SOE.

Nintendo already owns Seattle Mariners to the make money there and now expanding to QOL. Nintendo built a new HQ and gave Intelligent Systems a new building to work in. Retro moved into a much larger studio. Monolith has two studios.

At this rate Sony will only have PlayStation while Nintendo will continue to expand and adapt.

#33 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:56 PM

Actually it's kinda funny. Sony is talking about removing it's TV brand and smartphones. Downsizing even more. Sony is selling buildings. PS brand only thing making profit right now. Sony has closed doen studio's and sold  off SOE.

Nintendo already owns Seattle Mariners to the make money there and now expanding to QOL. Nintendo built a new HQ and gave Intelligent Systems a new building to work in. Retro moved into a much larger studio. Monolith has two studios.

At this rate Sony will only have PlayStation while Nintendo will continue to expand and adapt.

Does any of that affect the gaming at all though? It could. But maybe not, depending on how well they compartmentalise their businesses.

#34 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:25 AM

"mad respect for Sony" yeah i also have huge respect for companies whose strategy to recover from financial loss is firing thousands of employees

#35 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:03 PM

Okay that was kinda rediculous.. But almost every modern company reacts that way, not saying it is right, but it certainly is how things work nowadays.  Though I think Nintendo was right to not cut people because it lowers morale and digs the hole deeper.

#36 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:57 PM

Does any of that affect the gaming at all though? It could. But maybe not, depending on how well they compartmentalise their businesses.

Well... why dont we see how the next wipeout turns out, now that they've laid off studio liverpool aka psygnosis.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#37 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:03 PM

So not very big then, probably won't be as big as Skyrim lol

Stupid Snowmads!

#38 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:07 PM

So not very big then, probably won't be as big as Skyrim lol

WZnGU2q.gif

#39 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:48 PM

Classic trollism.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!