• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:58 AM

NOrdGnp.jpg

z0GaMvM.jpg

Also of note, Majora's Mask 3D debuted around 350k in the US and 220k in Europe, both significantly higher than A Link Between Worlds.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate debuted at about 110k in Europe, which is more than twice that of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (no US data, since Nintendo didn't publish it in the US).

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:20 AM

At this point I sincerely wonder how much of that is driven by the insane scalping trends that began with the Amiibo launch and carried into the MM/N3DS hype

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#3 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:40 AM

At this point I sincerely wonder how much of that is driven by the insane scalping trends that began with the Amiibo launch and carried into the MM/N3DS hype

My guess is that it depends on if they counted those N3DS XL LE's as game sales. I know atleast at one GS location pre-orders for MM3D and MH4U weren't hard to get, so scalping wouldn't matter as much.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#4 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:44 AM

My guess is that it depends on if they counted those N3DS XL LE's as game sales. I know atleast at one GS location pre-orders for MM3D and MH4U weren't hard to get, so scalping wouldn't matter as much.

The MM3D and MH4U preorders weren't fulfilled in-store, so individual stores didn't have set counts, at least according to the clerks I talked to. Everyone had the same chance of getting one regardless of the store they went to. 

Anyway, I don't think it can be denied that there's currently a frenzy over Nintendo products, at least new ones where there's even a hint of possible rarity. 

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!