• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:19 AM

star-fox-640x360.jpg?f319f9

Source http://wiiudaily.com...s-not-required/

One of the biggest complaints about games released on the original Wii is that many of them required motion controls in order to play them. It seems Nintendo is backing away from that even in games where motion controls are available, as the most recent issue of Game Informer includes a small blurb about the game that mentions both motion controls and the GamePad’s analog sticks can be used.

“Nintendo is planning on bringing Fox Mcloud out of retirement for a new entry on the Wii U. Fox will be able to fly his Arwing and seamlessly transform into a tank during certainn sequences. Pilots can control the game either with their GamePad’s analog sticks or motion control. The game was very early in development and looked admittedly rough the last we saw of it, but we’re hoping Fox gets the new, grand adventure he deserves.”

During Nintendo’s investor briefing yesterday, Iwata showcased a slide that showed Star Fox among a host of other titles that Nintendo plans on releasing in 2015.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:33 AM

Good. I just want to grab my pro controller and play a new Starfox like I been waiting since 1997 to do so. If Gamepad only wait on it. Last few entries of Starfox not felt right.

#3 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:53 AM

This was the only thing I was worrying about , I'm happy now, can't wait to see a trailer for it. Motion controls should only be used in party games or little minigames, no so much for the actual gameplay of a game. (Well... I say that, but I liked skyward swords motion control)

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#4 Chronos21

Chronos21

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:47 AM

Nope, i have to disagree, motion controls should be used in every serious shooter on consoles. Analog sticks are awful for aiming ;) But it should be allways optional and customysable!

Edited by Chronos21, 18 February 2015 - 11:48 AM.

#5 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:20 PM

Nope, i have to disagree, motion controls should be used in every serious shooter on consoles. Analog sticks are awful for aiming ;) But it should be allways optional and customysable!

IIRC, the motion controls were going to be similar to controlling Samus's gunship in Metroid Blast. Not like, say, the Prime Trilogy or Skyward Sword.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#6 Teddy

Teddy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • NNID:latios
  • Fandom:
    mlp

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:15 PM

i would not have minded ether way

cant have signature cuz of internet explorer :/

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:27 PM

i would not have minded ether way

You are in luck because you can have your cake and eat it too.

Pilots can control the game either with their GamePad’s analog sticks or motion control

My question is, with the gamepad being featured so much for this title... is the pro controller going to be available...
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#8 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:54 PM

I will be using motion controls if they're good, but nice to know.

#9 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:34 AM

The beauty of the situation is that they don't have to use those controls.

#10 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:08 PM

nice that Nintendo is making it optional.

I just want that cockpit view from the N64 version of StarFox 64, that would make me so happy.

Either way, I'm buying day one

#11 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:30 PM

Feels like we should've got some video footage of this game by now. He did say it was coming out before Zelda.

#12 Nukie

Nukie

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:10 PM

The best argument for [gamepad] motion controls is to make them compelling. In the case of Star Fox, if Shigeru Myamoto cannot make it so that using the gamepad in this way is so advantageous, that using any other method would be counter intuitive, then all his efforts would have been wasted.
Furthermore, without proper use of the gamepad, the very existence of the Wii U becomes questionable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!