• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:41 AM

the screen turns in the direction you aim, which is perfectly viable, and often times preferable to run'n'gun play styles simply because it lets you aim, and react much quicker than the other 2 control scheme, but sacrifices ease of use, as the player needs to track their courser in relation to the player and the camera. 

The screen turning from your aim does make the wii-mote as a whole harder to use effectively, and one of the reason's the sensitivity options are much more complex then a bar, with dead-zones, turn speed, acceleration based-on distance from the dead-zone/box/center of the screen, ect.  It does make the control scheme a little harder to use competently, but it doesn't sacrifice from the precision or effectiveness of the controller as a whole. 

other note, the lack of the camera responding to where i was aiming on the scheme through me off and it made it a little harder to respond to things like getting flanked, though it does make the control scheme easier to use for people new to wiimote aiming, i would have added the option for more traditional ir aiming where it controls the camera, and had floating scope for the snipers, as having them fixed on screen made snipers only useful as pre-magnum magnums. 

Here is a example, this is of COD and there is much room for improvement to the IR in this game, but it is a example, atleast until (if one is even made) there is a well made shooter with IR controls on wiiU.  This player can also benefit by resting his arm/wrist on something to help stabilize his aim. People who are used to the control scheme also tend to crank the sensitivity.  If turning with the mote throws you off, just make big dead-zones so you rarely do it while you are aiming.

Well I do own COD on the Wii U so I'll give it a try at some point. My only memory so far was of trying it on the Wii and finding it an absolute nightmare. I think it was Goldeneye I played.

#22 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:29 PM

K5OCf1s.gif

#23 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:41 PM

yeah this game is going to be baddA$$. I usually wait until a month or so before release until I start hyping a game and the time is now for Splatoon. I love everything I see so far. cant wait to play it on my tv... I really am hoping for a demo.

Edited by GAMER1984, 14 March 2015 - 06:41 PM.

#24 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:57 PM

Well I do own COD on the Wii U so I'll give it a try at some point. My only memory so far was of trying it on the Wii and finding it an absolute nightmare. I think it was Goldeneye I played.

wii-mote was powerful in golden-eye =/ 

as for CoD, that game's ir aiming has many of the features for customization, so should work fine. also think blackops 2 had an glitch that stopped you from turning with wiimote, so i wouldn't recommend it. As for getting used to the control scheme in general, start with a game with lock-on, such as the prime games, it helps greatly with learning the control scheme and using it well. 

#25 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:54 AM

Early reports of Splatoon being "best console shooter in years"

#26 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:02 AM

Early reports of Splatoon being "best console shooter in years"

newsflash.gif

Nintendo might be making the most exciting online shooter in years

http://www.eurogamer...hooter-in-years

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#27 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:52 AM

You would think Nintendo made a deal with Super Soaker looking at many of the gun designs looks so similar to old Super Soakers.

YfwTxM7.jpg

#28 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:31 AM

s0uIYz0.jpg

hrMhoDe.jpg

1yVsnyP.jpg

mCFeHJn.jpg

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#29 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:16 PM

Splatoon is pretty much a Dreamcast game that never got made and has some Jet Set Radio in it. Some of the music on one of the videos is very late 90's edgy cool sound of the time. The skate area reminds me of the first Tony Hawk game.  It's like Nintendo took some SEGA potion and made a late 90's game in modern HD and it's freaking fantastic. I really applaud Nintendo for something making me really smile. A new IP that makes you nostalgic while being totally new is a feat.

#30 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:20 PM

Splatoon is pretty much a Dreamcast game that never got made and has some Jet Set Radio in it. Some of the music on one of the videos is very late 90's edgy cool sound of the time. The skate area reminds me of the first Tony Hawk game.  It's like Nintendo took some SEGA potion and made a late 90's game in modern HD and it's freaking fantastic. I really applaud Nintendo for something making me really smile. A new IP that makes you nostalgic while being totally new is a feat.

So a SEGA game that's not SEGA but better than SEGA?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#31 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:22 PM

Not better than JSRF.

#32 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:27 PM

I think the best part of this, is that its made by the young blood of nintendo. This is these guys' big training game debut. Its nice to know, that at least somewhere, the future looks like its in good hands.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#33 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:00 PM

I think the best part of this, is that its made by the young blood of nintendo. This is these guys' big training game debut. Its nice to know, that at least somewhere, the future looks like its in good hands.

What you just said cannot be said enough

#34 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:28 AM

We'll settle down and not get ahead of ourselves.

#35 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:12 AM

splatoon-clothing-brand-480x640.jpg?e5b6

One of the perks of the upcoming Splatoon is the fact that you can customize not only the guns your character uses, but also several pieces of gear. Clothing, hats, and shoes are all customizable from several different brands. The latest to be showcased on the officialJapanese Splatoon account is an outdoor brand called Shigureni. The word itself describes a type of food in Japanese cuisine, but the root word Shigure means “autumn shower.”

According to the accompanying tweet that came along with the picture, the Shigureni brand is responsible for producing full-fledged outdoor goods including down vests and hiking boots. Despite their use as outdoor goods, they’re apparently also very popular among the Inklings.

http://wiiudaily.com...-from-the-game/

#36 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:29 AM

HATS
Like TF2 but with Haut Couture.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#37 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:57 PM

Does the sniper rifle have a scope in game? In a recent video I didn't see a scope, but this model shows it..    Either I missed it or it's something you can get from the shop for it?

splatoon-3-640x640.png

#38 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:15 PM

spurt spurt spurt spurt spurt

Edited by grahamf, 25 March 2015 - 07:16 PM.

#39 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

spurt spurt spurt spurt spurt

make sure you go into squid form to refill  your hormones. 

#40 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:19 PM

The lack of in-game chat may be a little bit of a bother, but any serious gamers would device another method of keeping in contact while spewing.

Edited by grahamf, 25 March 2015 - 07:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!