• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:01 PM

Level 5, the team responsible for Fantasy Life, Professor Layton and the fantastic Ni No Kuni will reveal their next secret project on April 7th.

Also set for announcement at the event is Fantasy Life 2 and the next Professor Layton.

http://www.gamerevol...fe-sequel-31761

Edited by Scumbag, 13 March 2015 - 03:19 PM.

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:46 PM

Level 5, the team responsible for Fantasy Life, Professor Layton and the fantastic Ni No Kuni will reveal their next secret project on April 7th.

Also set for announcement at the event is Fantasy Life 2 and the next Professor Layton.

http://www.gamerevol...fe-sequel-31761

Very excited about all of that!

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:54 PM

It feels too soon to hear about a FL2 especially for the type of game it is. But thats only for the localizations, Japan has had it for a while it is good for them. Still haven't got pick up FL yet. New Pr. L is cool, still on the first. Then also two new Yokai Watch games (one spin-off), and a secret game? Lots of goodies coming.

Stupid Snowmads!

#4 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:59 PM

Are you sure it's not Layton 7 they're dealing with? Last I heard, Professor Layton as a series was done.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:03 PM

Are you sure it's not Layton 7 they're dealing with? Last I heard, Professor Layton as a series was done.

Think you may be right. Layton 7 is mobile isn't it?

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:22 PM

The big project likely a PS4 game. Either a sequel like NNK2,WKC3 or Dark Cloud 3 or something new.

#7 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:32 PM

Think you may be right. Layton 7 is mobile isn't it?

http://www.nintendol...ite_a_departure

I mean, maybe I'm overthinking it. It could be like Layton Brothers where it's set in the franchise, but not actually Professor Layton...really, I'd think it's foolish for Level-5 to end Layton, as even if it's not a big seller it should get decent sales.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#8 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:12 PM

YAS at Fantasy Life sequel, still have to finish the first game. :\

2lvmghw.png

#9 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

Will it be for Wii U... probably not so IDC.

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:49 PM

Will it be for Wii U... probably not so IDC.

Wonder Flick will come to Wii U. They did the izuma games for Wii but normally they like Nintendo Handhelds and Sony consoles.

#11 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:59 PM

Wonder Flick will come to Wii U. They did the izuma games for Wii but normally they like Nintendo Handhelds and Sony consoles.

has this been released on the other consoles yet? I forgot about this. trying hard to get into RPG's looking forward to XCX. Never have been a fan found it really hard to grasp the gameplay.

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:26 PM

has this been released on the other consoles yet? I forgot about this. trying hard to get into RPG's looking forward to XCX. Never have been a fan found it really hard to grasp the gameplay.

Wonderflick not been released yet. RPGs in general are mainly story based,micromanaging characters and equipment and in many cases some elements of strategy. For someone never really played them they are in general pretty involved games you will dump many hours into.

#13 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:49 PM

Wonderflick not been released yet. RPGs in general are mainly story based,micromanaging characters and equipment and in many cases some elements of strategy. For someone never really played them they are in general pretty involved games you will dump many hours into.

I need like an RPG teacher or something I suck so bad that the ones I have tried I usually quit within an hour. XCX will be different though becasue of the world of the massive overworld

#14 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:04 PM

I need like an RPG teacher or something I suck so bad that the ones I have tried I usually quit within an hour. XCX will be different though becasue of the world of the massive overworld

Yeah but the battle system is very complex and requires some fair strategy. It's MUCH MUCH MUCH more involved and not going to be friendly for a novice. You won't get far in any RPG without knowing the battle system.

I can say Princess Crown is in the same vein as Guardian Heroes. The game is side view and real time action. It's like a side scrolling beat em up with RPG elements. It's very light on RPG elements and mainly a brawler. It's a pretty fun game but not as good as some others like DnD Mystara (also on Wii U E-Shop) or Dragon's Crown. If you had a Vita I'd say for for the Ys series as they are Action RPGs. There is Ys on Wii Virtual Console for Turbografx 16 just the first game used the bump system. Run into enemies. yeah a little weird but Ys series esp the first is like Zelda but on speed. Much easier to get into. Rest of the series is normal press action button to swing sword.

#15 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:16 PM

Yeah but the battle system is very complex and requires some fair strategy. It's MUCH MUCH MUCH more involved and not going to be friendly for a novice. You won't get far in any RPG without knowing the battle system.

I can say Princess Crown is in the same vein as Guardian Heroes. The game is side view and real time action. It's like a side scrolling beat em up with RPG elements. It's very light on RPG elements and mainly a brawler. It's a pretty fun game but not as good as some others like DnD Mystara (also on Wii U E-Shop) or Dragon's Crown. If you had a Vita I'd say for for the Ys series as they are Action RPGs. There is Ys on Wii Virtual Console for Turbografx 16 just the first game used the bump system. Run into enemies. yeah a little weird but Ys series esp the first is like Zelda but on speed. Much easier to get into. Rest of the series is normal press action button to swing sword.

yeah but the open world is the win win. If i fail and never pick up the gameplay I could just run around jumping off cliffs and such for a LONG time.

#16 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:24 PM

Try Xenoblade first then. Combat very similar and cliff jumping as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!