umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:57 PM

After taking a break from pokemon since X & Y , last month i got back into Pokemon Sapphire, which i was excited for considering how great it was on GBA, but I've come to realize how sorely disappointed I am at the series at this point and game freak, and mind you i think Pokemon is a pretty decent RPG and i just enjoy battling online. I was very sad to not have enjoyed sapphire, and these 2 points are what did it for me, and MUST be changed in the future of pokemon.

1. offer a Hard mode from the start

This was an unlock in black & white 2, but why has it never been a choice in the last 2 games? seriously, it's just way to easy to level up now, much easier to EV train that "grinding", if you will, is unnessarcy. by the time i got to the elite four i had 2 teams of pokemon at level 70

2. eliminate the need of HMs

Know I'm not the 1st to say this, but it really sucks having to keep a linoone in my party just so i can cut, strength, surf etc. It was nice to be able to use a flute to call latias and fly, just gimmie items to do those things....or stop having me cut and move bolders, come up with some new kind of puzzles.

#2 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:28 PM

I 100% agree with your issues about the games. I still have yet to beat Alpha Sapphire, which is a record for me in terms of longest time gap.

The issue with difficulty is that the game has XP Share as XP all, which is awful for difficulty. It works if you keep up a rotating party, but it's completely stupid if you don't. Having a hard mode would be great, maybe where you 1.5 Pokédollars.

HM's are a chore still, but I believe AS was part of a test for the idea of removing them. They've been doing a lot of minor tweaks, but I'm beginning to think Game Freak might want to do more expansive changes.(It's worth noting that it's usually a second generation of similar ideas that we see more change in gameplay, such as Johto adding days/breeding, Unova giving us Infrared, stable online, an actual plot, etc, so if we see another 3DS game we'll likely get more upgrades/improvements)

Edited by Bill Cipher, 07 April 2015 - 08:28 PM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:29 PM

That was me back in like, 98 99, when they released the next ones, and I realized it was basically the same exact game with different creature portraits.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:05 PM

Never touched the series. Never seen the show never played a game. Likely never will.

#5 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:18 PM

That was me back in like, 98 99, when they released the next ones, and I realized it was basically the same exact game with different creature portraits.

Never played a single pokemon game in my life, this is one of the main reasons. As far as Nintendo games go it's definitely the laziest.

Maybe if they brought out a pokemon game no the Wii U. Well, maybe. I feel like an action gameplay whilst keeping the rest of the game intact (but HD) would fit the console version much better.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#6 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:51 PM

I bought pokemon X and beat the game, you would think that after ten or so years with most of the franchises's fans being an older youth audience that they would not baby the story line and gameplay so much...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#7 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:31 PM

It's odd that they've been doing the same thing for so many years and it still remains so popular, of course they're not the only ones that do it but they're notable due to the Pokemon series' high sales. I have played a few generations but I have no idea how some people have played since the original games and continue to be interested in the series after they release three versions of the same game each generation and on top of this they remake older games in the series. Nostalgia seems like the only appeal the series offers its fans but are people so blind as to fall for their nostalgia for so long? It seems like it. It's actually really surprising that the Pokemon series gets little criticism when it gets milked like crazy, releasing three of the same game a generation is just absurd and yet they get away with it with much more praise than criticism. Truly odd.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#8 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:24 AM

I've only played Pokémon stadium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users