In terms of software, Nintendo has a handful of gamesthat have sold more than 1 million copies. Leading the pack is Mario Kart 8, which has eclipsed 5 million units sold since its release in May 2014.
The top-selling Wii U Nintendo games are listed below. All figures are accurate as of March 31, and include bundled copies and digital sales.
- Mario Kart 8 -- 5.11 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U -- 4.81 million
- Nintendo Land -- 4.68 million
- Super Mario 3D World -- 4.10 million
- Super Smash Bros. Wii U -- 3.65 million
- New Super Luigi U -- 2.25 million
- Wii Party U -- 1.55 million
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD -- 1.52 million
For the fiscal year ended March 31, Nintendo returned to a profit for the first time in four years. Check out the full report here.