• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:15 PM

FROM http://wiiudaily.com...l-amiibo-sales/

k9wcxgdh0he1t4otagza.jpg

Amiibo have been a decidedly contentious subject among many Nintendo fans, but that hasn’t stopped their momentum sales-wise. Even with some amiibo regarded as highly rare because of stock issues and the lack of information about re-prints, new waves are still flying off the shelves. Nintendo announced that more than 10.5 million amiibo figures have been sold across the globe since their release last year.

To put that into perspective, at the end of December, Nintendo announced 5.7 million figures had been sold. Now as we move into May, Nintendo has nearly doubled that figure to 10.5 million sold, with the promise of reprints on the way. According to the report, the United States and Canada make up the bulk of amiibo purchasers, as 66% of sales of amiibo figures come from North America.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:17 PM

To 1 million people I bet :P  People buy multiples. I'd like to see the people with just 1.

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:18 PM

To 1 million people I bet :P  People buy multiples. I'd like to see the people with just 1.

Imagine how many they would sell if they stocked more than just mario, kirby, peach, and yoshi haha.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:21 PM

That's like $170,000,000... GEEZUZ

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#5 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:12 AM

Impressive. I predicted Amiibo would be succesful, but not this succesful.

No sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!