NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:21 AM

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:25 AM

Does this even have samus?

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#3 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:26 AM

This...made me so happy when i heard the music...but then I got incredibly sad incredibly fast

wa3Nq7j.png

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:26 AM

i think MIA

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:27 AM

Delete this topic. Ban yourself for posting it then erase all existence on Earth plz

#6 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:27 AM

My immediate thought. Looks like Metroid Blast and Metroid Prime Hunters had a baby. And somehow didn't turn out well. :/

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#7 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:10 AM

I'm not even a big fan of 3d metroid but cmon. 

There has to be another metroid game in dev, they leave metroid for so long and they think this is worthy of bringing it back??? Retro we need you :(

Live on treehouse now.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#8 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:46 PM

Nintendo is officially dead to me.

I want Metroid but this just isn't Metroid. Jesus Christ Nintendo. Other M was bad but it was much more Metroid than whatever this is.

This dumbed down child friendly Metroid. This isn't what anyone wanted. Screw Nintendo. I'd be fine if this were coming out in addition to an actual Metroid game but these two rainbows on their own? No thank you Nintendo. Screw you.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:00 PM

Other M was good, very good. Just bad VA. If you actually know deep Metroid lore you would get that. The Gameplay was solid and the story was fine. The VA was bad. It really REALLY respected the franchise tho.

#10 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:25 PM

Other M was good, very good. Just bad VA. If you actually know deep Metroid lore you would get that. The Gameplay was solid and the story was fine. The VA was bad. It really REALLY respected the franchise tho.

Gameplay wasn't solid, it was decent but I wouldn't say solid. Controls were a little odd since they were using one Wiimote on its side to walk around a 3D environment and the implementation of the first person mode meant you had to point at the screen at times but couldn't even walk around a the same time. The controls weren't necessarily bad but they weren't great either, the game design overall was too story focused. The Metroid Prime series had a great story and presented it in a way that gave you a sense of adventure. The linearity of Other M really ruined the experience for me, Adam was constantly telling me exactly where to go. "Go here and by the way I'm just going to allow you to use an ability you already had now so use that." I didn't discover the abilities or earn them, Adam just decides that you can use it now. Metroid was never about that, it was about exploration and adventure, telling the player exactly where to go and restricting their abilities just to allow them at certain points in the game was not a step in the right direction.

Other M was a real disappointment to me as a Metroid fan, the linearity was probably the main drawback. Super Metroid and the Metroid Prime series really made me feel a great sense of adventure, I'd explore each room and scan it to see what I could find as I discovered new enemies and abilities. Other M was just: go here, do this, here's a new ability and a poorly acted cutscene. Not at all what I was hoping for or expecting from a Metroid game and now we've got Federation Force and Blast Ball, what are they doing with Metroid at this point I don't think they even know.

You're free to like it of course and I don't hate it but it was pretty disappointing after I loved the Metroid Prime series so much that I pre-ordered it to get that.

Edited by CUD, 16 June 2015 - 03:48 PM.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#11 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:27 PM

lol, a new metroid game is announced and everyone is buttmad because "no samus"

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:31 PM

YUAI9pa.gif

#13 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:48 PM

Not just "no samus". This just isn't Metroid. Some dumbed down co-op arena game and a soccer Metroid game. These aren't the Metroid games that we've been waiting so long for.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#14 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:51 PM

I've been waiting so long for.

*fixed

Metroid has been dead for years and most people don't actually care about except the hardcore nintendo fans. Nintendo is probably using Federation as a safe way to test Metroid's interest and if they should make a new game.

#15 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:05 PM

*fixed

Metroid has been dead for years and most people don't actually care about except the hardcore nintendo fans. Nintendo is probably using Federation as a safe way to test Metroid's interest and if they should make a new game.

I'm definitely not a 'hardcore Nintendo fan', I am however a Metroid fan.

I have considered that's what they're doing, but why with a co-op arena shooter and a soccer game? I think it's best that I give up on Nintendo making another real Metroid. Metroid fans have been waiting so long and they give us this, sure I can hope that they're testing the waters but testing the waters for what? These two games aren't what Metroid has ever been about. 

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#16 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:32 PM

*fixed

Mp3 sold 1.8 million and Other M 1.3 million. Federation is the worst way to test interest, because fans and anyone who would enjoy a good Metroid game will hate it. The only thing it might accomplish is making people associate the Metroid franchise with a bad game.

#17 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:35 PM

This almost reminded me of metroid blast from nintendo land at least in style. It looks like a mii plaza game at first glance

#18 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:54 PM

Would you mind watching lancun's LP of Other M? He totally tears the game apart. Other M brought a few good things with it, but they were greatly overshadowed by the seemingly limitless screw-ups.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:57 PM

Nope. People are unfair to it. It's a really good game. Only 2 things I would have changed. A better art style and some good VA.

Every second of that game relies on people knowing EVERYTHING in Metroid Universe. Granted maybe unfair for most gamers but if you actually truly know everything in that universe the game comes together rather well.

#20 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:27 PM

Nope. People are unfair to it. It's a really good game. Only 2 things I would have changed. A better art style and some good VA.

Every second of that game relies on people knowing EVERYTHING in Metroid Universe. Granted maybe unfair for most gamers but if you actually truly know everything in that universe the game comes together rather well.

I don't think that's the problem with the game at all. I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly, the story presented itself fine on its own. I don't know all the Metroid lore and I didn't feel like that affected my enjoyment of the game at all, is there a part you're referring to specifically? The main issues I had with the game were its design not the story or art style, voice acting could have been better though.

MINvwIH.png

Those dislikes. Take note Nintendo.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!