AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:57 PM

I think I was too harsh on this game, having had some time to look more clearly at things it actually looks pretty fun. I get that it's not the kind of game metroid fans might have wanted and using the metroid prime name might not have been the best idea (wait and see on this) but really the game doesn't deserve the negative reaction it's getting.

I do think it was a bad idea to not discuss future metroid plans alongside this announcement as they should have realised that metroid fans would not react well to just this. Hopefully in the future things will become more clear.

Also anyone who signs the petition to cancel this game is being outright ridiculous imo.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#22 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:41 AM

I think I was too harsh on this game, having had some time to look more clearly at things it actually looks pretty fun. I get that it's not the kind of game metroid fans might have wanted and using the metroid prime name might not have been the best idea (wait and see on this) but really the game doesn't deserve the negative reaction it's getting.

I do think it was a bad idea to not discuss future metroid plans alongside this announcement as they should have realised that metroid fans would not react well to just this. Hopefully in the future things will become more clear.

Also anyone who signs the petition to cancel this game is being outright ridiculous imo.

Thanks to the treehouse team for showing off the gameplay, made me forget about my feelings and initial thoughts from the digital event. If it wasn't for the treehouse I would still be trying to forget what I saw, instead I have interest in the gameplay now which is   ultimately what I care about.

LOL - Amazon confused a little?

61G0gNMAm7L._SL1500_.jpg

Metroid Prime: Blast Ball - 3DS
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#23 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:04 AM

So when we put [Digital Events] together, we do have a strong sense for what are the games that are going to do exceptionally well. We also learn along the way what things maybe aren’t as clear as we want them to be, and that’s where we put added focus during the show.

And so, for example, Metroid Prime: Federation Force, we knew it was a tough concept, right? It’s a game taking place in the Metroid Prime environment, but there’s no Samus, and the gameplay is different, so how do we communicate that? And we tried hard to do that in the Digital Event. We’re hearing that maybe it wasn’t as clearly communicated, so we’re spending time on it during Treehouse Live.

Again, that’s one of the benefits we have in just the overall approach we take for E3. It’s just not a press conference then come play our games. We look for a range of opportunities to help people understand what’s magical about our content, because we know once we get a controller in your hands, you’re going to have a wonderful experience. And so, we’re doing that now, and what’s interesting is that I’m now hearing that the reaction to Blast Ball has been quite fabulous. So, things are good. 

— Reggie Fils-Aime

Source

Now this is just insulting. Reggie thinks we're too stupid to understand the game concepts when they're very simple games to begin with. He's the one that's missing the point of the outrage. It sure as hell isn't that we don't understand the games, it's that after all this time waiting for a Metroid game this is the garbage we're given. I'm not sure if he's being this dense on purpose or he really doesn't realise why people are angry at Nintendo, whatever the case this is just plain insulting.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#24 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:30 AM

Source

Now this is just insulting. Reggie thinks we're too stupid to understand the game concepts when they're very simple games to begin with. He's the one that's missing the point of the outrage. It sure as hell isn't that we don't understand the games, it's that after all this time waiting for a Metroid game this is the garbage we're given. I'm not sure if he's being this dense on purpose or he really doesn't realise why people are angry at Nintendo, whatever the case this is just plain insulting.

It's only insulting if you are offended by it. To me, it makes some sense. Their reveal of Federation Force in the digital event was not done well.  It was confusing, frustrating etc. But, after having watched a couple of days of footage and listening to the dev talk about the game I began to understand the approach and started to enjoy and see the game for what it is. Either way, everyone cannot be pleased. 

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#25 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:04 AM

It's only insulting if you are offended by it. To me, it makes some sense. Their reveal of Federation Force in the digital event was not done well.  It was confusing, frustrating etc. But, after having watched a couple of days of footage and listening to the dev talk about the game I began to understand the approach and started to enjoy and see the game for what it is. Either way, everyone cannot be pleased. 

Their reveal was fine, what the game is was made perfectly clear. The problem isn't that people don't understand what the game is it's that they don't care about some mediocre low budget Metroid spin off when we've been waiting for an actual Metroid title for so long.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#26 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:30 AM

Everyone who has played it has liked it at E3.

#27 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:46 AM

These guys played 2 hours of blastball and love it. Interesting mechanics and strategy not immediately apparent. The biggest complaint from fans is artstyle/graphics/ and the Metroid name. Seems the gameplay is winning most of those people over.. at least those who had a chance to experience the game.

And the Blast Ball mode is really just something extra for fun and a way of teaching you the basic controls of the main game itself.

#28 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:53 PM

I agree with CUD.

Edited by Scumbag, 23 June 2015 - 03:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!