NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:37 PM

I'm mobile right now but check this thread on gaf.

Much more at link regarding modes and screen shots

http://m.neogaf.com/...d.php?t=1068073

Splatoon has officially been cracked open. It looks like there are 10 maps on the disc, with only two unreleased (Camp and Skyscraper)

There are 33 unreleased weapons currently on the disc in some form. Some of which have complete descriptors (and may or may not be actually complete) and others which have incomplete descriptors (and may or may not be actually complete).

Here is the full list of them:
Sploosh-o-matic - Squid Beakons & Killer Wail
Neo Sploosh-o-matic - Point Sensor & Kraken
Neo Splash-o-matic - Burst Bombs & Inkzooka
N-ZAP '89 - Sprinkler & Inkstrikes
Custom Dual Squelcher - Squid Beakon & Killer Wail
Luna Blaster - Ink Mines & Inkzooka
Luna Blaster Neo - Splat Bombs & Bomb Rush
Range Blaster - Splash Wall & Inkstrike
Custom Range Blaster - Splat Bombs & Kraken
Rapid Blaster Pro - Seekers & Inkzooka
Rapid Blaster Pro Deco - Disruptors & Killer Wail
L-3 Nozzlenose D - Burst Bombs & Kraken
H-3 Nozzlenose - Suction Bombs & Echolocator
H-3 Nozzlenose D - Point Sensor & Inkzooka
Carbon Roller - Burst Bombs & Inkzooka
Carbon Roller Deco - Seekers & Bomb Rush
Inkbrush Nouveau - Ink Mines & Bubbler
Octobrush - Squid Beakons & Kraken
Octobrush Nouveau - Splat Bombs & Inkzooka
Bloblobber
T_BigBall_Strong01
Triple Bloblobber
T_BigBall_Diffusion01
Bomlobber
T_BigBall_Launcher01
E-liter 3K Scope
Custom E-liter 3K Scope
Bamboozler 14 Mk I
Bamboozler 14 Mk II
T_Gatling_Standard00
T_Gatling_Standard01
T_Gatling_Hyper00
T_Gatling_Hyper01
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:54 PM

You know while on disc DLC is normally bad,this is free. Splatoon was released a bit soon but they are still being smart about this. Likely testing stuff and seeing how the game does and releasing more to keep us playing over time. I really want to see Nintendo do more games out of left field like they did with Splatoon. I just ask that next time not to be so hasty.

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 June 2015 - 01:00 PM

Rainmaker mode and 33 weapons. I just splatooned
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 21 June 2015 - 01:03 PM

I'd cry capcom, but its free as previously stated, no harm done. Would just have to wait for the game too if it was delayed for a few maps/weapons. I rather have the working game and wait for the rest to trickle down

wa3Nq7j.png

#5 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 21 June 2015 - 01:33 PM

I'm half mad at this.

But if you excuse I have to go back top playing.

#6 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 03:31 PM

Looks like I jumped in at the right time.

#7 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:50 PM

Off topic:

Speaking of mobile... how come the mobile site for this website is so useless? You can't comment on statuses or anything.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#8 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:40 PM

L M A O

M

A
O

love having to wait on finished features! really extends play time!

Edited by Big Dante, 21 June 2015 - 05:40 PM.

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 June 2015 - 06:30 PM

A lot of this is finished but some may not. Either way you didn't have to buy it on release if you are just gonna complain

#10 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:06 PM

People in this thread are saying this is free but did it just leaked, did Nintendo say that all future DLC is free or something?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#11 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:43 PM

People in this thread are saying this is free but did it just leaked, did Nintendo say that all future DLC is free or something?

its what we are assuming, if its not free, then I'll be mad....because I can cry capcom

wa3Nq7j.png

#12 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:06 PM

Of course it's free, they're just releasing the rest of the finished product that was already on the disc. Content that should have been available day of release.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#13 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:17 PM

Of course it's free, they're just releasing the rest of the finished product that was already on the disc. Content that should have been available day of release.

Not sure how you can say that with such certainty, you may be right but at this point we just don't know.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#14 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:15 PM

Not sure how you can say that with such certainty, you may be right but at this point we just don't know.

Except we can actually infer based off the rest of the added content to Splatoon.

#15 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:27 PM

this post glitched or something im making a new one. and now theyre merged so this looks dumb.

yeah there's no update or anything. the content just unlocks when nintendo allows it. 

Edited by Big Dante, 21 June 2015 - 10:28 PM.

#16 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:31 PM

Except we can actually infer based off the rest of the added content to Splatoon.

So basically because there's been some free content therefore all of it will be free? Once again, that may be the case but since they haven't made an announcement regarding this content we can only make assumptions, while it's fine to hope this will be free I don't see how people can say that it will be with such certainty as if it's somehow guaranteed.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#17 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:16 AM

Just so we don't forget two of the reasons for the staggered content release,

Nogami stated that there were two main reasons for holding things back:

First, we put a lot of effort into every inch of the online stages, so by playing them over and over again users can get a better feel for the terrain, giving the gameplay more breadth and depth. The characteristics of the weapons and the strategies for using them vary with each weapon, and of course these will vary depending on the stage you use them in and even what combination of equipment your teammates and opponents are using. We want users to enjoy each and every single piece of content we've prepared, so rather than provide a lot at once, we're going to be adding them a little at a time.

Second, is that while we've paid a lot of attention to the balancing the game, the flip-side of this is that we feel the game needs weapons with a lot of variety as well as stages with complex layouts to really expand the gameplay.

The problem there is that these can sometimes disrupt the overall balance of the game.

The real fun of Splatoon comes when players are comfortable with the game, and are able to play to their full potential with other players they meet in the online matches.

We'll be adding more stages and weapons as we see how the community matures. We'll also do something similar with further game modes too.

#18 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:13 AM

We want users to enjoy each and every single piece of content we've prepared, so rather than provide a lot at once, we're going to be adding them a little at a time. 

That seems more like a convenient excuse. It may be their actual approach but if it is I can't say I agree with it.

Second, is that while we've paid a lot of attention to the balancing the game, the flip-side of this is that we feel the game needs weapons with a lot of variety as well as stages with complex layouts to really expand the gameplay.

The problem there is that these can sometimes disrupt the overall balance of the game.

This seems like the more honest explanation of why the content is held back, it's not finished yet. No need to give us some excuse of "we're going to give players bits of content at a time so they can enjoy it more", what does that even mean? How wouldn't they enjoy all the content if you gave it all to players in the first place?

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#19 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:33 AM

That seems more like a convenient excuse. It may be their actual approach but if it is I can't say I agree with it.

This seems like the more honest explanation of why the content is held back, it's not finished yet. No need to give us some excuse of "we're going to give players bits of content at a time so they can enjoy it more", what does that even mean? How wouldn't they enjoy all the content if you gave it all to players in the first place?

Honestly... especially with a new IP.. if you have 33 weapons to choose from I know for sure I wouldn't take the time to test each and every one. I'd look and see what others were using and pretty much play with that. A lot of choices like that is not always a good thing up front cause it can easily be ignored. By getting a new map, weapon etc. here and there, it gives the player base an opportunity to at least give the new content a try and see if it's for them.

It also allows the devs to see how it works and plays out in the game. Obviously they didn't have enough time to play test everything to their liking so this is a way they can better track what may need tweaking of fixing down the line.

#20 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:40 AM

Oh, easy. If Nintendo unlocked it all at launch many people will play the game once and put it down and forget about it. But this way players will be encouraged to play the game every week or so to see what's new or changed, and at the same time get more drawn into the game and liking it.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!