• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Wayne6286

Wayne6286

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:09 PM

I've been a Nintendo collector for a long time. Wii u is no exception. I currently own the complete library of games. Even being a new system, there are games that are obviously going to rare and very expensive to acquire one day. Some may already know these titles, but this is what I think is going to be the top 5 most obscure games on the Wii u.

1. Hyrule warriors WoN edition. This game was only available at WoN in New York and was limited to an estimated 300-500 copies. Good luck finding that in 10 years. This game was pulling 300.00 on auction the minute it was released. I know, because I waited for one to pop up on eBay as I couldn't make it to NY.

2. Mario Kart 8 WoN edition. Same story as above, but this one seems a little easier to find.

3. Hello Kitty. Have you heard of it? I actively collected Wii u games as they came out and this one almost slipped by me.

4. Cabela's Big game hunter. Check out eBay. How many copies of this game do you see?

5. New super Mario/super Luigi combo. This game was only available in a Wii u boxed set. So basically, you had to buy a new console or find one on eBay. This will be especially hard to find later on down the road sealed.

Comment and let me know what you think is going to be rare.

Edited by Wayne6286, 27 June 2015 - 12:12 PM.

#2 Jackk

Jackk

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:49 PM

I can imagine that fishing game will be rare in the future. I have never seen it here in the UK, i don't know if its avaliable in the states.

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:13 PM

Pikmin 3 is actually going up in price. $60 used, $70-75 new right now.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:18 PM

I have that NSMB one. I hate the game but I just never get rid of pack ins unless digital like TLOU on PS4..bleh.

#5 Wayne6286

Wayne6286

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:35 PM

Pikman 3 is up there in price. It's a little more predictable because of the gamecube's pikman 2. And which fishing game? Rapala?

#6 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:41 PM

My gamestop has a copy of the NSMBU+NSLU for an absorbent price $85. It's the same as buying them separately except their used, and there is no point.

Edited by Sage, 27 June 2015 - 01:43 PM.

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:01 PM

Wife loves hello kitty. I got the Wii u racing game on release for 20 bucks as an investment.

Funky Barn while still can be had for a low retail price, many sellers are starting to bump it up between 40 and 50.

Tank Tank Tank, was a launch game and now FREE in the eshop. Physical version can still be had holding the same retail value from launch in most places.

Game and Wario. The game can be found locally at least here, but not every store. Last i saw Target and Toys R Us still had it. Online, prices are around 40-50. Retail is $29.99

Also, Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper. Many local stores never carried this game for me. Had to get it online.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#8 Wayne6286

Wayne6286

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:35 PM

Those are all good games that will probably be on the rare end. It's fun trying to guess now and wait to see how your predictions turn out. There are a couple other ones that came to mind, but I wanted to to get them sealed before I give my opinion on them.

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:49 AM

Also one thing to add. Wii U has quite a few rare games but not always high demand. W101 for example. Rare does not always mean fetching high prices that's just demand. Yes many rare games have a high demand price while many others do not. I can get Last Bronx or Frame Gride or Final Lap Twin for 5 bucks even tho very obscure few sold copies.

If you want a future Wii U game that could  be both. Likely Devils Third in Japan and US versions as it seems Gamestop might have exclusive rights to it like Xenoblade and in Japan Amazon has the exclusive rights. Again Gamestop MIGHT..

#10 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:20 AM

I can't see myself dating a Wii U game. They're just not my type.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!