Photo

Wii U Launch This Holiday Season

Launch Wii u

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Wii U Launch This Holiday Season (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this a good launch period for you..

1. Yes, it fits right in with my schedule (7 votes [53.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

2. No, I think it would be better at a different time (6 votes [46.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

Does this launch period persuade you to purchase at launch..

1. Yes, Now i will be able to get it (2 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. No, I was going to get it regardless (9 votes [69.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

3. No, I have not decided whether I want it or not (2 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:23 AM

Iwata said yesterday in a conference that they are planning a world wide launch for wii u this holiday season!!!!!!
http://nintendoevery...holiday-season/

Edited by Link707, 29 January 2012 - 02:17 PM.

Posted Image

#2 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:23 AM

http://wiiu.nintendo...e_for_christmas

I'm so excited!!!!! :D
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#3 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:41 AM

Nope I dont buy it. Wii U is basicly done now. Maybe colour and button layout changes but the system is done now. No point keeping it for 9 months collecting dust. DarkSiders 2 comes out in the summer. DarkSiders 2 is a Launch title for the Wii U. Therefore my guess of it coming out July-August could be correct. Only thing is the games need to be made for it.

P.S I DONT WANT TO GET HALO 4 AT THE SAME DAMN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Edited by Nin_Stream, 26 January 2012 - 05:48 AM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#4 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:43 AM

I don't like the idea of it coming out that late. I want to come out in somehwere like August or September. But November or December, that sounds a little too late.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#5 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:44 AM

The cake is a LIE!!! I still stick by my thoughts on it being a July-August launch. Darksiders 2 is a launch title for it and that comes out in the summer so boom. Not to mention the Wii U is basiclly finished now. Maybe a colour or button layout change but its done. Why keep in collecting dust for 9 months? IF at E3 they say Novemberish I will do whatever I can to physically put myself in a coma until it comes out. I swear on my life.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 26 January 2012 - 05:45 AM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#6 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda, mario, radical dreamers, metroid,

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:00 AM

It doesn't surprise me for a holiday release for two reasons: 1) hype building, and 2) consumer psychology. At e3 the full console reveal will be the centerpiece of the big N's marketing strategy. Actually if you think about it the marketing has already begun; something for everyone. The full realization of that campaign will come to fruition before launch in November (I'm guessing November). Another thing marketers take into account is the psychology of the consumer. Consumers want to spend money around the holiday season; it almost seems as an innate need. The best time to release a console is when the emotional quotient is low and the consumer decadence is high; it is always high around the holidays.

Anyway that's my two cents, I can't wait for launch, I'm looking forward to getting one.

#7 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:13 AM

Well, if it comes out just before the holidays it's more likely to have more games and a successful launch. Especially with Christmas.

Edited by Stulaw90, 26 January 2012 - 06:13 AM.

#8 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:51 AM

I took as that the system will be out in all territories before the end of the year.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#9 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:21 AM

Seriously I will be pissed if I have to wait all year to get this console.

#10 Cobiwan

Cobiwan

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:10 AM

Well if it all comes out in december that's not too bad, Wii U for christmas <3.

However if it's anything like the Wii there will be battles to the death for them all over.

Posted Image

#11 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

Nope I dont buy it. Wii U is basicly done now. Maybe colour and button layout changes but the system is done now. No point keeping it for 9 months collecting dust. DarkSiders 2 comes out in the summer. DarkSiders 2 is a Launch title for the Wii U. Therefore my guess of it coming out July-August could be correct. Only thing is the games need to be made for it.

P.S I DONT WANT TO GET HALO 4 AT THE SAME DAMN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It sucks but, if the Wii U launches too early it could have a similar launch to the 3DS. Nintendo certainly do NOT want that to happen, which is why I think the expected spring/summer launch has now been pushed back to November/December. Nintendo wants to make sure they have a brilliant line-up of games both first and third party for the system, and they also need time to hype it up and get the word out. A lot of people still don't know or care what the Wii U is, but if it launches at the end of the year they have plenty of time to fix that.

Posted Image

#12 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:18 AM

i dont understand why this is still being discussed or why poeple were still hopeful for august, for some reason the biggest news has lately been failing to get noticed. back in 2011 Iwata already said in an investor meeting that he aimed for a japan september launch and november in EU and NA. no one seemed to care about that though for some reason
Posted Image

#13 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

I don't see the problem with this, Most, if not all, Nintendo Consoles have come out in November in the first place, so it's something I expected.

And besides, this gives developers more time to fine tune their games and make the launch spectacular!
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#14 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

I still think they ment it would be out before holiday not neccessarily during the holiday

Btw why is the poll so biased its like you have to either praise the release date for be amazing or hate it with extreme passion

#15 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:46 AM

Yeah, that was kinda bugging me too.....
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#16 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:05 AM

I was definitely hoping that it would come out sooner than this, but at least I will have the 3DS to hold me over until then. When I was waiting for the 3DS, all I had was my DS with a bunch of games that I had already played to death.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#17 bigfishcatcher

bigfishcatcher

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:07 AM

I don't think he said there would be a world wide release - but instead that it will be in all of these markets by or (before) the holidays. So I am still hopeful that the launch will be earlier for the US - If they separate the 4 major markets by 1 month you could see it released in each market in the months of SEP - OCT - NOV - DEC

#18 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

Not entirely sure why some are saying the Wii U is launching during the holidays. Iwata said it's coming by the end of the year. Basically, this means it launches this year. Hopefully, they're considering a summer release because I'd be too busy during autumn to do much playing D:

Edited by Lain, 26 January 2012 - 11:42 AM.

#19 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

Not entirely sure why some are saying the Wii U is launching during the holidays. I wata said it's coming by the end of the year. Basically, this means it launches this year. Hopefully, they're considering a summer release because I'd be too busy during autumn to do much playing D:

scroll up, read my last post, its not going to happen in summer
Posted Image

#20 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

I read that - I'm saying I hope they still consider it an option.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Launch, Wii u

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!