Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:59 AM

I so agree!

#22 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:06 AM

I've never had a problem using any controller. So the controller is fine to me. I can easy adjust. Gaming controllers have always changed so I'm ready to try this new way out.

#23 The Video Gamer

The Video Gamer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:11 AM

The games will decide whether it's the perfect console or not. If in five years time at the end of it's life we look back and say it had so many great games and I never stopped having fun with it then it's the perfect console.

#24 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:21 AM

The games will decide whether it's the perfect console or not. If in five years time at the end of it's life we look back and say it had so many great games and I never stopped having fun with it then it's the perfect console.

That is very true.

#25 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

The controller has a touch screen. That's pretty much an unlimited amount of ways to control a game.
Posted Image

#26 chipvader

chipvader

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

a lot of companies r going to use it so 2 players can do different things in the same game at once
i cant wait to see that in more games

#27 Lightno19

Lightno19

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:04 PM

Circle pads, ewww.

You can use a classic controller if you don't like the tablet one. Besides i've seen 3rd party classic controllers which look a lot like gamecube controllers. Like this one:Posted Image

Or a PS3-like controller like this one:Posted Image

Or use the official classic controller pro:Posted Image

Endless controller capabilities!

#28 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:35 PM

i found this wireless gamecube controller that you can plug into the wiimote and it automaticly pretends being a classic controller :D
http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B004E9JOXM

#29 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:52 PM

Sony/Nintendo IP trading system..yep.that's what we need. Nintendo gets to build a LBP, GOW and Resistance..Sony gets to build a Mario, Zelda and Kirby....

My brain almost crashed trying to contemplate this idea... it'll never, ever happen, but it's a fun thought experiment. I don't know that the relevant studios would exactly know what to do with the genres, though...

For example, imagine a Zelda where you can travel between different times.

Man, the number of good possibilities like this is just staggering... X-ray glasses for Bond, Thermal Scopes for FPS, time or dimensional warp sight for supernatural/sci-fi games and thrillers (like that new Amy game, where the same space keeps shifting between the real world and the parallel hell dimension)... one doesn't know where to begin.

Of course, like others have said, it REALLY all depends on the games that developers actually make. Ideas are great, but until they put some sort of wonder-developer's-kit into each of our hands and tell us to go to town making our own games, we needs some solid 3rd party interest and some green lights from major publishers.

Also, I agree that the system itself is not perfect. It would generate a LOT of confidence from the market to see some announcements made about price point, about hard-and-fast hardware specs, etc. It would also restore a lot of confidence from the die-hard fan base to see Nintendo listen to some of the criticisms about the controller (i.e. lack of analog triggers), even if they seem petty to some. A few loud and happy fanatics go a LONG way in today's guerrilla marketing scene (at least if Nintendo genuinely cares about the so-called "hardcore" market).

#30 H3NR1K

H3NR1K

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:37 AM

Of course no console is perfect.
But if something is best , it´s the WII U.
There are so many great things about it.My 3 favourite things are
1. the Streaming
2.The Playing of old WII games and using of all 4 old Controllers
3.The new online browser maybe you finally can watch videos with the Controlller...

Yes there have to be good games , but what I´ve seen up to now is great.(MW3,BFBC3,Metroid WiiU,Zelda WII U...)
And as I know Nintendo , they´ll give us great game titles again from all the other characters Like Super Mario , Luigi , DK, and so on

Maybe because of the not so Nintendo much start line-up and not so good selling of the 3DS , We´ll get a lot of good Nintendo Games at Releasee , too.

the onliest bad thing in my opinion that the console have up to now is that only 1 Controller shall be supported at the moment.Ireally hope that Changes.

So far It´s an almost perfect console but maybe if I get one my opinion changes after 1/2 months because the games are played through and nothing new comes :D(As with the 3DS I now think it´s just a good handheld)

#31 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:55 AM

i love the look of the Wii U! I dont know why but i like how its like a curved Wii with some additional upgraded adjustments and features to its physical appearance. And Secondly lets not forget its power (more powerful than the xbox 360) and it is HD. Then the Wii U controller.......kinda weird when you first think about it but its not original. So its not boring like a PS3 controller. The Touchscreen on the controller will make gaming "different." I like how the controller is like a huge book. ITS HUGE! I cant wait til I get this! :D

Edited by nintendo3DS, 17 June 2011 - 03:56 AM.

#32 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:48 AM

I think as more and more examples of software running on the Wii U and other uses are highlighted, the markets, and some reluctant third party devs, will begin to regain confidence in Nintendo.

So much was just skipped over in the announcement; having a second screen to play on when the T.V. is used, being able to make video-calls, using the tablet to browse the web while someone is watching the T.V.. All of these are big deals on their own, beyond the capabilities of other consoles, but seem to have been brushed aside.

Edited by Mukkinese, 17 June 2011 - 04:50 AM.

#33 MetaMS

MetaMS

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:11 AM

Well i am excited for it but im not sold on the idea yet. Im just gonna wait and see how it turns out first.

#34 the darkhole

the darkhole

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Fandom:
    ps vita,3ds and wii u

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:29 PM

nintendo should have made the controller look like a ds with the top and bottom screens touch-enabled. XD

Edited by Feld0, 24 October 2011 - 09:14 PM.
Correcting a quadruple post

If you can't win, then your just another idiot to deal with.

#35 martoparto

martoparto

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, SMT and Pokemon

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:09 AM

nintendo should have made the controller look like a ds with the top and bottom screens touch-enabled. XD

No, this would be a bad idea...
On topic, i love everything about controller, but I think the price would be a bit higher than 400, because it's controller+console.

Posted Image

No! I didn't know the results!! Oh well...

#36 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:37 AM

No, this would be a bad idea...
On topic, i love everything about controller, but I think the price would be a bit higher than 400, because it's controller+console.

I agree.

Edited by Wii8461, 25 October 2011 - 08:40 AM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#37 Katana

Katana

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart 7.

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:15 AM

No console is perfect but Wii-U is near on as far as I am concerned,the only gripe I have are the nubs but maybe that will change.
But things I like:
The screen is awesome,imagine playing Mario Kart and the screen shows constantly whats behind you...so you can see both at the same time (sort of)
You can instant message and webcam from it meaning no waiting for the PC to boot up...surf the web...plus no chance of a virus... :P
I can lay in bed playing :D
Nintendo have a long history of advances in developing controllers that become the industry standard,so you know this tablet will rock.
Its going to be quite powerful and big developers are bringing their big franchises to it like Batman Arkham City,GTA5 is rumoured,Darksiders,so Wii-U owners will have the best of both worlds,Nintendo games and these titles from studios like EA and Rocksteady and more...for me this is a killer selling point which puts Wii-U in a different place to the other consoles.
Plus Nintendo are revealing the 'finished' Wii-U at next years E3...this means there will be lots more big developments and shocks I am sure :o
Good time to be a Nintendo fan :D
Posted Image
Want to race me...??? Just ask for an add...

#38 Marc

Marc

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resident Evil, Zelda, Metroid, Mario

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:31 AM

No console is perfect but Wii-U is near on as far as I am concerned,the only gripe I have are the nubs but maybe that will change.
But things I like:
The screen is awesome,imagine playing Mario Kart and the screen shows constantly whats behind you...so you can see both at the same time (sort of)
You can instant message and webcam from it meaning no waiting for the PC to boot up...surf the web...plus no chance of a virus... :P
I can lay in bed playing :D
Nintendo have a long history of advances in developing controllers that become the industry standard,so you know this tablet will rock.
Its going to be quite powerful and big developers are bringing their big franchises to it like Batman Arkham City,GTA5 is rumoured,Darksiders,so Wii-U owners will have the best of both worlds,Nintendo games and these titles from studios like EA and Rocksteady and more...for me this is a killer selling point which puts Wii-U in a different place to the other consoles.
Plus Nintendo are revealing the 'finished' Wii-U at next years E3...this means there will be lots more big developments and shocks I am sure :o
Good time to be a Nintendo fan :D

I know that this [ ^^^^^ ] cannot now be the end thread of the discussion because I have now taken that lol :P But this kind of positive thinking is what seems to be lacking at the moment. Everyone is forgetting the huge list of possibilities with Wii U, and just how much time Nintendo have to improve on, adapt or whatever's necessary to make it a success. Good on you! I wanna see more EXCITEMENT!! YEA! X3

Edited by Marc, 31 October 2011 - 08:32 AM.

BANGIN!

My body is ready. ^_^

#39 HaHa-No

HaHa-No

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lucky Star, Animal Crossing, Darkwave.

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:34 AM

I may be the only one who doesn't like the controller size. My hands are tiiiny, even for my age, the Xbox controller is reaaaly making me stretch my hands. See what I mean?

http://www.20b.org/

^Click it

^I agree with this guy

You know you want to! 'Tis leaked Nintendo information!

#40 aaron

aaron

noraA

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Fandom:
    You

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

They will just come out w/another great system.

by chance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!