Photo

Unreal Engine 4 running on systems

Unreal Engine 4 Wii U Next Xbox Playstation 4 Next-Generation.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

In the DICE summit Mark Rein of Epic games sad the Unreal Engine 4 is running on systems that he can't talk about by name. Now we could assume that the Wii U is able to run the graphic engine because it has been said that Nintendo have been listening to developers so I would assume they would listen to Epic games since they are a major third party developer and many other game companies will make use of the engine in the next generation of consoles. It could also be assumed that they can't talk about the Wii U because Nintendo told them not to do so (or the chance that it doesn't actually support it.) His words also mean that other systems from the competition such as the next xbox and PS4, will run it as well. If in all goes as I said this would further prove that the Wii U will be able to compete with the competition in must better terms compared to last gen.

So what do guys think?
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#2 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

Well the bird tech demo was made by Epic games so it would make sense that wii U is able to run it

Edited by mootap, 10 February 2012 - 11:17 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

Well the bird tech demo was made by Epic games so it would make sense that wii U is able to run it

Wasn't that just a rumour? And anyway, if rumoured specs are true then Wii U is definitely capable of running UE4. Nintendo are most likely withholding the information, along with a lot else we probably don't know, so they can absolutely bombard us with it all at E3 2012. I expect all those misinformed PS360 fanboys' hearts will sink when they find out that Nintendo aren't skimping out on hardware this gen. ;)

Posted Image

#4 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

Proof please.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#5 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

i wouldn't doubt this at all unreal engine 4 is a modern up to date engine , and the wii u is a next gen console so it fits.plus like you said nintendo is listening to the developers a lot.

Signature_Fox.png

#6 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

It makes total sense if it was the Wii U that Epic Games are referring too. Ohh how awesome would it be to see one of their games on it! :D

Proof or it never happened!

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#7 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

The Metroid Prime games supposedly use Unreal Engine 2... Metroid Prime 4 with Unreal Engine 4 maybe?
Posted Image

#8 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

One flaw with this: He stated that he has it running on WiiU. The unannounced systems are most likely Nextbox/PS4.

As for this news, I'd like it. The more devs for the WiiU, the more games. More games means more gamers. More gamers means the cycle repeats. Even though I'm sure my wallet won't be happy :P

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#9 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

One flaw with this: He stated that he has it running on WiiU. The unannounced systems are most likely Nextbox/PS4.

As for this news, I'd like it. The more devs for the WiiU, the more games. More games means more gamers. More gamers means the cycle repeats. Even though I'm sure my wallet won't be happy :P

I don't recall him saying he had Unreal Engine 4 running on the Wii U, I only heard of Unreal Engine 3 running on the system.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#10 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

Nevermind. Seems I misread the quote entirely.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#11 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

Ah okay.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

#12 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

If Wii U can run UE 4, then we will no longer have to worry about getting multiplats

#13 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

If Wii U can run UE 4, then we will no longer have to worry about getting multiplats

yeah pretty much lol

btw on the UE4 link in the comments section somebody said that the guy who went up on stage to talk about it said wii u was one of those platforms, but idk if you would just trust that .

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 10 February 2012 - 03:25 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#14 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

The Metroid Prime games supposedly use Unreal Engine 2... Metroid Prime 4 with Unreal Engine 4 maybe?

That was false, it used Retro's own engine made with Nintendo.

#15 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

That was false, it used Retro's own engine made with Nintendo.

Actually i remember reading that the metroid prime series runs on a heavily modified unreal engine 2. Which no matter how much changed is still the unreal engine.

#16 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

In the DICE summit Mark Rein of Epic games sad the Unreal Engine 4 is running on systems that he can't talk about by name. Now we could assume that the Wii U is able to run the graphic engine because it has been said that Nintendo have been listening to developers so I would assume they would listen to Epic games since they are a major third party developer and many other game companies will make use of the engine in the next generation of consoles. It could also be assumed that they can't talk about the Wii U because Nintendo told them not to do so (or the chance that it doesn't actually support it.) His words also mean that other systems from the competition such as the next xbox and PS4, will run it as well. If in all goes as I said this would further prove that the Wii U will be able to compete with the competition in must better terms compared to last gen.

So what do guys think?

Interesting.

I find the by name part most interesting, maybe Nintendo is going to rename the thing after all?

All in all, this would be good news for Nintendo if it is on the Wii U.

Edited by Terrabyte20xx, 10 February 2012 - 07:33 PM.

Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#17 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

Actually i remember reading that the metroid prime series runs on a heavily modified unreal engine 2. Which no matter how much changed is still the unreal engine.

Yep, and it was pretty much debunked since that rumour was based on termonology that's used in other developers engines, why buy the rights to an engine and modify it so heavily that it's pretty much unrecognisible? There's no point.

http://uk.cube.ign.com/articles/377/377563p6.html

Edited by Stulaw90, 11 February 2012 - 12:09 AM.

#18 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

I don't really care what UE4 will run on, considering unlimited detail engine can run on a relatively weak laptop even at this stage of its development.

#19 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:12 AM

Yep, and it was pretty much debunked since that rumour was based on termonology that's used in other developers engines, why buy the rights to an engine and modify it so heavily that it's pretty much unrecognisible? There's no point.

http://uk.cube.ign.c...7/377563p6.html

I just read the last question of that interview, and I find it rather hilarious now that wee actually have a new Kid Icarus game coming out. :P
Posted Image

#20 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:37 AM

I don't really care what UE4 will run on, considering unlimited detail engine can run on a relatively weak laptop even at this stage of its development.

Keep dreaming, it's not going to happen in this generation. Voxels take up a lot of data, that demo they made would need 7 GB of data in the best case scenario, normal case would be about 479 GB.

And they probably just have about 10 models, which is just not enough for a game.

Even if power-wise it is possible, we're not going to get it unless they plan to sell games in hard drives :P

Edited by Waller, 11 February 2012 - 09:38 AM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unreal Engine 4, Wii U, Next Xbox, Playstation 4, Next-Generation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!