#1 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:52 AM

In this article from Mtv multiplayer the Wii u no longer uses friend codes and now use a unified gamer tag and friend list.
Wii U Ditching Friend Codes For Unified Gamertag, Friends List Let me know what you think, to me this is a really good thing as this was one of the things nintendo was criticized a lot for in the wii and ds, the use of friend codes. I think that maybe when we get closer to the launch of the wii u a update for the 3ds will come to somehow implement something similar or not.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#2 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:08 AM

At first I thought this thread was about the game Dead or Alive. :D Anyway, I heard this too. I actually like the Friend Code system that the 3DS uses, but having Gamertags instead would be fine with me. I don't think that Nintendo would implement this on the 3DS though. They'd be more likely to save it for their next handheld.

#3 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:06 AM

I think that the 3DS is only using friend codes as a temporary measure. They want Nintentags to be spread across all consoles; But they wanted to keep it a surprise for the Wii U. Or something.

Well, at least I hope so. I want to be able to share my stuff between my two handhelds :D

P.S. That was a joke about the controller. Because the screen is on it. So it therefore a handheld. GET IT!

(Note to self: Don't explain the joke.)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#4 Limelight788

Limelight788

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo, Gran Turismo

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:07 PM

Glad to see that the online is definitively being improved. The fact that Nintendo is listening to complaints shows that they have a very promising console up on the market.

The Official Mega Man for SSB4 Thread

megaman-2.gif

Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Click on the link in the text and show your support!

#5 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:47 PM

No friend codes whatsoever would definitely be a great step in the right direction. I just hope that they remove on the 3DS via system update, too.

#6 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:45 AM

No friend codes whatsoever would definitely be a great step in the right direction. I just hope that they remove on the 3DS via system update, too.

If they intended to backtrack with a system update why couldn't they just do no friend codes to begin with.
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#7 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

If they intended to backtrack with a system update why couldn't they just do no friend codes to begin with.

Because the online system isn't ready yet and is launching with the Wii U. Remember, they're hiring another company to do this for them :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#8 SonofMrPeanut

SonofMrPeanut

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:12 PM

In an interview with EuroGamer, Nintendo UK's Marketing Manager Rob Lowe theorizes about the Wii U's online structure.

I'll provide a link to it below, but I'd like everyone to know these are NOT finite details about the online network. It's speculation based on the improvements made by the 3DS.

They have NOT (repeat NOT) announced friend codes for the Wii U; Lowe is speaking of them in terms of what "has" been done with the 3DS, not what "will" be done with the Wii U. We won't know anything until Iwata announces Nintendo's plan.

With that in mind, enjoy Lowe's perspective

http://www.eurogamer...oser-to-psn-xbl
"Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins." - Ricardo Montalban, Freakazoid!

Posted Image

#9 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Fandom:
    NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, Wii, 3DS, Wii U

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:13 PM

I hope friend codes are dead :P
No signature here....

#10 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:29 PM

Darn...just as we were starting to get excited. This really isn't helping the confusion.

I just hope that at the very least, they leave it at one friend code per system, like on the 3DS. I'd hate to see them move backwards to maintaining individual accounts for every game.

#11 MagmaBeatles

MagmaBeatles

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    Shin Megami Tensei, Zelda and Metroid

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

I imagine all it is is a way to track the console. Every console will have a Friend Code, much more like a serial number, though. Then you can make your own account name.

At least, I hope this is how it plays out.

#12 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:34 PM

Darn...just as we were starting to get excited. This really isn't helping the confusion.

I just hope that at the very least, they leave it at one friend code per system, like on the 3DS. I'd hate to see them move backwards to maintaining individual accounts for every game.

What I hope they do there is add the ability to also have a username or whatever. Because whilst I have nothing against friend codes, they are incredibly tedious and annoying to use.
And I agree, if they keep friend codes it would have to be same as 3DS with 1 covering your whole system.

#13 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:36 PM

I honestly don't care exactly what they do, I just care that they change it a lot. It is a real pain to have to know all of those friend codes for every game!!!! It's almost impossible to stay on track sometimes. I would be fine with the 3DS style friend list, I would be fine with 360 style game tags. I personally just want it changed B)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!