#1 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

Just wondering how would everyone feel if Nintendo pulled a another wind waker style zelda after showing us the promise of a more realistic style of zelda.No doubt the game would be amazing as you'd expect from a zelda game but would you feel remorse that they didn't deliever on thier promise and didn't use the power of the system.
Posted Image

#2 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

Well I'm thinking I might skip the next Zelda unless they do it right..... If they have controls anything like SS. I didn't like the motion controls in that game. Do like Sony and have motion control support but also regular controller support for people who don't want to swing their arms around like crazy.

#3 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:28 PM

well i highly highly doubt they will do that :) but i wouldnt cry if they did, wind waker was absolutely right up there with OOT for me, probably better even. such an amazing game. i wouldnt be too upset. but thankfully all the signs point in the other direction so we won't need to worry about this :)
Posted Image

#4 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Considering that Wind Waker still looks like it was made just recently, I wouldn't mind at all. (That's the beauty of Cel-Shading. It barely ages.)
Posted Image

#5 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

I loved the Wind Waker art style it was great! I would love to see it in HD much more than the realistic styles.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#6 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

I would not be upset if they made another Wind Waker style game.

LordPickleton.png

#7 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

Does using the power of the system necessarily mean realistic looking graphics? Either way, I'm sure it will look nice whatever they do.

Also, I don't remember them promising a more realistic Zelda.

Edited by Squish, 05 March 2012 - 02:54 PM.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#8 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

Uh...for the record, they never promised a realistic Zelda. Heck, they've never said anything about the one they're working on (IF they're working on one at this point in time.)

And just because they'd make it in a different style (see: Wind Waker) doesn't mean it wouldn't utilize the system's power. For instance, it could look like a very well done hand-drawn cartoon, and still use alot of power.

Edited by GameCollector, 05 March 2012 - 03:09 PM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#9 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

I think they will make it realistic to show off the true capabilities of the console, then perhaps make a cel-shaded one later in the console's lifespan. I don't care, though, because Zelda is Zelda.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

*sees incomplete title*
*expects 'hammy'*
*is disappoint*

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

*sees incomplete title*
*expects 'hammy'*
*is disappoint*

I half expected "rabbit out of a hat at GDC"
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#12 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

i wouldnt really care to be honest as long as their isnt so much ocean lol

Signature_Fox.png

#13 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:41 AM

Um... Wind Waker was a beautiful game. And it had good graphics relentless to the cel-shading. If you look at the environment around you in Wind Waker, you'll see the game has excellent graphics and detail. Cel-shading looks amazing. If Nintendo said the next Zelda was going to look like Wind Waker, I would be like "AWESOME!" Although I would prefer to have Twilight Princess styled graphics (since that is my favorite game) I wouldn't mind ine bit seeing Wind Waker styled graphics come to Wii U.
Also, don't forget, we could have both graphics styles too. The NES, N64, GCN,and Wii had two Zelda's on them. So One Zelda, on Wii U, could be Wind Waker styled and the other could be Twilight Princess styled.

Well I'm thinking I might skip the next Zelda unless they do it right..... If they have controls anything like SS. I didn't like the motion controls in that game. Do like Sony and have motion control support but also regular controller support for people who don't want to swing their arms around like crazy.

I agree with this. I like the old controls better.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#14 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:50 AM

I think I'd rather just have a Zelda game for the WiiU rather than complain about the chance of 'bad' graphics. Preference in graphics is mostly subjective anyway.

#15 Holloweaver

Holloweaver

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Buck Bumble - and many more... ;)

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:34 AM

Does using the power of the system necessarily mean realistic looking graphics?

exactly! power can be used to other ends then just graphics, AI or environments for example... options and ideas enough but sometimes the power lacks to bring them to life.
i would love another WindWaker-styled Zelda.

this question reminds me of that Spaceworld trailer back in 2000 they had running on the cube, it was just for shows and then they came up with that cellshaded windwaker-beta in 2001. talk about a déja vu!

Edited by Holloweaver, 06 March 2012 - 06:35 AM.

#16 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

I think they will go realistic style first. To show the wiiU can have realistic graphics. Then they will probably make a wind waker style game. Maybe they might put it in the app store. But I want it to be a normal game. Yet they can make a good app from a game with wind waker style.

#17 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

I wouldn't mind too much. As others have said, a Wind Waker styles Zelda game would still look very nice on the Wii U. Besides, there'll almost certainly be more than one Zelda game on the Wii U, so I expect there will eventually be one in the same style as the demo.

#18 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

What if the Zelda demo was just to show off their new tech?

#19 Holloweaver

Holloweaver

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Buck Bumble - and many more... ;)

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:32 AM

What if the Zelda demo was just to show off their new tech?

just like in 2000 with the cube... spaceworld... remember?

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:30 AM

Uh...for the record, they never promised a realistic Zelda. Heck, they've never said anything about the one they're working on (IF they're working on one at this point in time.)

And just because they'd make it in a different style (see: Wind Waker) doesn't mean it wouldn't utilize the system's power. For instance, it could look like a very well done hand-drawn cartoon, and still use alot of power.

You're using the wrong definition of promise.
"Showing us the promise of..."
The OP is saying that it looked good.
"Promise" in this sense translates to "Showing us what a HD zelda could look like with a realistic style...".

Aonuma said after e3 that they didn't want to make it look exactly like the demo, there will be changes.
I doubt they'll do more cel shading though, I think that idea has been tapped out for zelda games and they need to give it a rest by just doing normal graphics.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!