#2 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

I hope they won't be cheep on their tech I mean so far its pointing to it not being with Iwata saying it won't be cheep (pricewise) and all the rumors lately but the thoughts still in the back of my mind because of the wii.well I don't expect 8 gigs like the article said ram is cheep right now so I'm hoping for at least 4 gigs.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 11 March 2012 - 09:06 AM.

#3 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:12 AM

Interesting.... topic title.
Why not add RAM? Isn't it supposed to be cheap?

Though I must say, if they get too expensive consumers will not be happy. I like the Wii U the way I'm imagining it right now.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#4 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:23 AM

I'm just saying console generations are getting longer... I think they need to have a least 4gb which I predicted anyway. I just hope they don't let me down with this console which has so much potential.

#5 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

I'm just saying console generations are getting longer... I think they need to have a least 4gb which I predicted anyway. I just hope they don't let me down with this console which has so much potential.

I just hope the wiiU will be able to run all the latest engines good so that it gets multiplats that the 720 and ps4 gets so it won't be left behind since being the first one to the party could work for them but It could also hurt them if it can't run the engines that will be coming out for the party .

#6 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

we've all seen the rumour that nintendo is tweaking wii u to support UE 4, its all good, thats perfect
Posted Image

#7 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

we've all seen the rumour that nintendo is tweaking wii u to support UE 4, its all good, thats perfect

But TBH it was just a random person on the internet that said that well I hope it true and it does make sense with what we recently learned about I just wish we knew for sure or if some game reporter guy will just ask one of the Unreal guys if Wiiu can run UE4 since even if they don't say it for certain we can take a guess by their reaction .

#8 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

But TBH it was just a random person on the internet that said that well I hope it true and it does make sense with what we recently learned about I just wish we knew for sure or if some game reporter guy will just ask one of the Unreal guys if Wiiu can run UE4 since even if they don't say it for certain we can take a guess by their reaction .

well this also came out: http://www.gonintend...story&id=173468
Posted Image

#9 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

The WiiU should have a lot of RandomAccessMemory. Some games (i mean small games) run entirely on RAM, the whole game boots to RAM... but i dont expect 10 - 15 GB of RAM. What i expect is 8GB, well what i hope is 8GB. I expect 3GB because Nintendo seems like going for the high end machines NOW, rather than planning ahead. Im a little bit sad, because of my predictions, . If Nintendo goes for a cheaper machine, in efforts to get more sales and a wider audience... well that means us Nintendo fans (who would likely buy a Nintendo console at any price) arent getting our dream console. Although cheaper may be smarter for Nintendo.... but it still makes me sad. The world of mass marketing is a grim dream-crushing place.
Posted Image

#10 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

Yes I want my Nintendo Wii U future proof just in case they make a new Frostbite and Cryengine during it's life time.

LordPickleton.png

#11 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

Futureproof my Nintendo and I'll pay an extra $50 or so. and I'll buy an extra tablet controller to boot. I welcome the idea of a strong and long-lasting system.

#12 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

There's this as well

http://wii.mmgn.com/...Rumors-Update-1

THQ: "WiiU is just alot more powerful than current HD consoles it does 1080p very easy."

Crytek: "WiiU devkits are very powerful,the specs are very good"

Vigil Games: "We had the game at the same level as high end pc version in a matter of days and a few lines of code got the game up and running on tablet in 5 mins."

Epic: "It will do things current HD consoles simply cant do its going to be a powerful box."

#13 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

There's this as well

http://wii.mmgn.com/...Rumors-Update-1

THQ: "WiiU is just alot more powerful than current HD consoles it does 1080p very easy."

Crytek: "WiiU devkits are very powerful,the specs are very good"

Vigil Games: "We had the game at the same level as high end pc version in a matter of days and a few lines of code got the game up and running on tablet in 5 mins."

Epic: "It will do things current HD consoles simply cant do its going to be a powerful box."

Yes but these quotes are from e3 or around there I want to know what devs have to say now.

#14 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

Yes but these quotes are from e3 or around there I want to know what devs have to say now.

Probably even better things because the hardware got more powerful since then.

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

Interesting.... topic title.
Why not add RAM? Isn't it supposed to be cheap?

Though I must say, if they get too expensive consumers will not be happy. I like the Wii U the way I'm imagining it right now.

It used to be, but there's been flooding and typhoons and all sorts of stuff going on in Taiwan etc. where it's made, driving prices of both RAM and Hard Drives up.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

i would gladly pay $100 extra to have a long lasting system hopefully the rumors of the new dev kit being unreal 4 compatible are true

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!