Photo

Mario Party 9

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Mario Party 9 (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be getting a copy when it's released?

1. Definitely (10 votes [45.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. I'll get it if it get's good reviews (4 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. No (1 votes [4.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

4. If it's on special (1 votes [4.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

5. Eventually (6 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:23 PM

Are you as excited about Mario Party 9 as I am?

Here discuss everything about it.

Is it going to be awesome with the new developers NDCube on it?
When will it get released?
Is it going to be much larger than other Mario Party games?

Personally I think NDCube will do a great job, they did well with Wii Party and they can do even better here.
I think it'll get released around October/November this year, although I hope it is much earlier.
I think it'll be a fair amount larger in terms of more minigames, other game modes.

#2 BonBon

BonBon

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Fandom:
    Homestuck

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:28 PM

Only if it has another Koopa Hotel stage.
That with four friends is the most chaotic game you'll ever play in your life.

Posted Image

#3 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Mario, Peach, Zelda. Yoshi

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:13 AM

I'll definitely get it, if it's like Mario Party 5.
Posted Image

#4 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:19 AM

I will get it if they pull something out that is really worth getting the game. Eventually, I probably would get it, but I will not waste my money on games people don't like in general. Just my opinion at this point in time
Posted Image

#5 raney150

raney150

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:42 AM

If it looks good. Mario Party 8 was fun, but got tiring after a while.

#6 RedYoshi

RedYoshi

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:04 PM

Well, ive bought them all from 1 to 8, so i kinda have to!
I really hope they have the thing in Mario party 5 (?) with the cars and you by cars and guns and stuff.
I doubt they would put it in, but i really would love it.
Also, BRING BACK DK AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER! dk spaces are crap

#7 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:06 PM

even if its bad, i'll get it, cuz it will be the only mario party i dont own, ya im weird lke that

wa3Nq7j.png

#8 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:15 PM

I'll definitely get it, if it's like Mario Party 5.

Probably won't be too similar, different developers will probably want to take a new spin on the series, rather than stick to the same thing again.

I will get it if they pull something out that is really worth getting the game. Eventually, I probably would get it, but I will not waste my money on games people don't like in general. Just my opinion at this point in time

I hope so too, but already in the trailer we can see that it looks a lot nicer than MP8 and there are some new features (the car and a few others)

Well, ive bought them all from 1 to 8, so i kinda have to!
I really hope they have the thing in Mario party 5 (?) with the cars and you by cars and guns and stuff.
I doubt they would put it in, but i really would love it.
Also, BRING BACK DK AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER! dk spaces are crap

I can actually see them bringing DK back as now with the new developers they may want to bring it back to the basics that made MP1 so successful.

#9 Anthony Vaughn

Anthony Vaughn

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:43 PM

I usually buy all Mario, Legend of Zelda, and other popular Nintendo titles when their released (I pre-order them).

#10 SRT

SRT

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ponies

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:06 PM

I'll ask myself this question:

"Is this a game that I can see myself spending lots of time with friends playing?"

If the answer is yes, I'll get it.

That being said, I don't see myself getting it as a $50 purchase.

#11 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

I'll ask myself this question:

"Is this a game that I can see myself spending lots of time with friends playing?"

If the answer is yes, I'll get it.

That being said, I don't see myself getting it as a $50 purchase.

Yeah, I won't spend more than 40 on it, as while I know it'll be fun, I do already have Wii Party, and don't desperately need another party game.

#12 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

Honestly, I really enjoyed Mario Party 8. It's wicked fun for parties with friends. I don't understand all the bad rap about it. I'll definitely be getting MP9 when it comes out.

#13 SRT

SRT

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ponies

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:14 PM

Honestly, I really enjoyed Mario Party 8. It's wicked fun for parties with friends. I don't understand all the bad rap about it. I'll definitely be getting MP9 when it comes out.

Yeah, Mario Party games's bad reputation is really unjustified, imo.

I mean, nobody expects to get a deep and involved experience when playing Mario Party.

It's a game you bust out when you're with friends and play through the night. It's just pure ridiculous fun.

#14 Someone

Someone

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:14 PM

It all depends on whether it's good or not. If it's something that will be worthwhile and fun, then I'll definitely get it, but if it just looks like an average Mario Party, I'll just buy an older one (like Mario Party 2). Is it going to be for the 3DS? If it is, and if it's a good quality game, it's going to be a must buy!

#15 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

It all depends on whether it's good or not. If it's something that will be worthwhile and fun, then I'll definitely get it, but if it just looks like an average Mario Party, I'll just buy an older one (like Mario Party 2). Is it going to be for the 3DS? If it is, and if it's a good quality game, it's going to be a must buy!

It's part of the last big run of epic Wii exclusives, to my knowledge. I wouldn't judge it just yet.

And SRT, totally agreed. Boy, how many arm cramps I've given myself with Shake It Up!... :D

#16 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:38 PM

You are correct, MP8 got rated worse than it deserved, however, it was mostly fun in multiplayer, the single player wasn't great, and that is where it really lost out, I hope they improve on that heaps in MP9.

#17 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:32 PM

You are correct, MP8 got rated worse than it deserved, however, it was mostly fun in multiplayer, the single player wasn't great, and that is where it really lost out, I hope they improve on that heaps in MP9.

Mario Party was never meant to be a single-player experience, though.

I don't know. I agree that the SP modes were lackluster, but I continue to get a kick out of how terribly the CPU players are programmed even to this day. :D

#18 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:45 PM

Mario Party was never meant to be a single-player experience, though.

I don't know. I agree that the SP modes were lackluster, but I continue to get a kick out of how terribly the CPU players are programmed even to this day. :D

You're right, it is definitely a multiplayer focused game, as are most party games, but sometimes when you are all alone, it's nice to have a good single player experience.

Also I hope they incorporate online play into this one, it could really benefit from it.

#19 Someone

Someone

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:26 PM

They should definitely have online! That would make me want it a lot, and I would be looking forward to it. I know I would buy it as soon as possible with WiFi/online play, so I really hope they include that.

#20 Sonic11

Sonic11

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:31 AM

I will get it.It needs a western stage with everyone on horseback
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!