Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

Posted Image

This was posted on NeoGaf and it's from a "Reliable" source, an Ex-journalist that supposedly kept many of his contacts. Some of the stuff he has said has come true but, still.

If this happens, next gen will be a repeat of this current gen. What are we to going to do? xD

Still, Wii U is "Stronger" than PS360, and it would cost 3rd parties a lot more to develop games for Xbox 720.
What's your take on this?

Edited by KeyBladeWielder, 25 March 2012 - 10:10 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

I already planned to get the Wii U and PS4 this coming generation. If the Nextbox and PS4 end up being more powerful than the Wii U and the third party games are the same on both consoles then the deciding factor would be their first and second party games. Even though Microsoft claims their first party is superior it doesn't stand a chance against Sony and Nintendo's first party. I wouldn't worry Nintendo always has the funner games and they will be the only ones with Monster Hunter.

Either way a PC is still a better choice.

Edited by Cerberuz, 25 March 2012 - 06:07 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#3 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

I already planned to get the Wii U and PS4 this coming generation. If the Nextbox and PS4 end up being more powerful than the Wii U and the third party games are the same on both consoles then the deciding factor would be their first and second party games. Even though Microsoft claims their first party is superior it doesn't stand a chance against Sony and Nintendo's first party. I wouldn't worry Nintendo always has the funner games and they will be the only ones with Monster Hunter.

Either way a PC is still a better choice.

Don't really like PC for gaming, I grew up with consoles, but I see your point.
Hopefully, the Wii U will still have the Japanese developer support I REALLY want it to have.
Posted Image

#4 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

The problem is that the Wii U is coming around a year before PS4 and NextBox, so the trend will remain the same unless Nintendo brings a game changer.

Technology is advancing quick, so a lot changes in a few months of when development ends.

#5 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

This doesnt have anything to do with the wii u being too weak. nintendo has been doing the same thing with developers and they have been very happy . Also vigil games has said the wiiu runs high end pc games and i dont think you can beat that unless a company releases a console years later. So i doubt the next xbox will be more powerful than wiiu if the same developers are pushing the envelope for both nintendo and microsoft and i highly doubt they will make a 450 dollar console or higher during this economy , and thats what it will take to beat out the wii u in power . Dont get doom and gloom over a simple neogaf post . I could have said something like this because it's already been stated that developers have been doing this with all the 3 companys since last year. Btw nextbox has been confirmed to be revealed and released next year and ps4 in about 2014 .

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 25 March 2012 - 06:44 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#6 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

wait and see. nintendo has to step up point blank period!

#7 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

So they want to create an environment where big budget games go to Microsoft, while low budget games end up with Nintendo.

I want to see Microsoft produce this thing.

Also, why'd you censor his username? It's not that difficult to go over to the Wii U Speculation thread, and find out.

#8 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

So they want to create an environment where big budget games go to Microsoft, while low budget games end up with Nintendo.

I want to see Microsoft produce this thing.

Also, why'd you censor his username? It's not that difficult to go over to the Wii U Speculation thread, and find out.

Well, you never know! Dude has sources (Or so he says) So I thought i'd be for the best.
I could just take another picture of it and edit the thread, tho.
Posted Image

#9 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

Nintendo also went to big deveoplers (the same ones as those in the post) and asked what they wanted for next gen, Team Ninja confirmed they are listening to all developers and doing what they are saying for the Wii U.

#10 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

Another interesting post from Gaf, read it!
Spoiler

Kind of sums up want these "Big" Companies want to do, and, God, if it happens, It'll all just be CoD, BF, Halo, etc. Releases.

But Nintendo will still keep It's awesomeness on it's consoles.
Posted Image

#11 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

Just like EA monopolized the NFL...

#12 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

This doesn't sound right to me. My theory is that Microsoft is going to lean more-so on the casual audience next generation because of the Kinect's success and the mark it has planted on Microsoft's image. Having powerful hardware would contradict my idea.

But hey, anything can happen. Microsoft aren't foreigners to powerful tech.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#13 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

Do not call it the Nextbox. It wont be called that. I saw a commercial for a new DVR and thats called the Nextbox. Just call it the Xbox 720 for now. Either way with Microsoft focusing on casuals next gen the system wont be a powerhouse or anything. Look at the Wii. You do not get casuals with power and graphics. Plus with it not using used games or having a hard drive 720 will be lame anyway. Plus lets be honest here. Besides Halo 5 and 6 there is absolutly no other 1st party game on it that anyone wants.

PS4 not until 2016 my friend. Sony has stated time and time again they are sticking with their 10 year life span plan.

The problem is that the Wii U is coming around a year before PS4 and NextBox, so the trend will remain the same unless Nintendo brings a game changer.

Technology is advancing quick, so a lot changes in a few months of when development ends.

BAKA!!! seriously does nobody do any research??? In an interview with....damn it forgot his name in xbox magazine it was the ceo or president or vice president or somthing. He said "For the millionth time we have nothing to show at E3 2012 involving the Xbox 360's successor."

This doesnt have anything to do with the wii u being too weak. nintendo has been doing the same thing with developers and they have been very happy . Also vigil games has said the wiiu runs high end pc games and i dont think you can beat that unless a company releases a console years later. So i doubt the next xbox will be more powerful than wiiu if the same developers are pushing the envelope for both nintendo and microsoft and i highly doubt they will make a 450 dollar console or higher during this economy , and thats what it will take to beat out the wii u in power . Dont get doom and gloom over a simple neogaf post . I could have said something like this because it's already been stated that developers have been doing this with all the 3 companys since last year. Btw nextbox has been confirmed to be revealed and released next year and ps4 in about 2014 .

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#14 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

Do not call it the Nextbox. It wont be called that. I saw a commercial for a new DVR and thats called the Nextbox. Just call it the Xbox 720 for now. Either way with Microsoft focusing on casuals next gen the system wont be a powerhouse or anything. Look at the Wii. You do not get casuals with power and graphics. Plus with it not using used games or having a hard drive 720 will be lame anyway. Plus lets be honest here. Besides Halo 5 and 6 there is absolutly no other 1st party game on it that anyone wants.

PS4 not until 2016 my friend. Sony has stated time and time again they are sticking with their 10 year life span plan.

You just slaughtered me right here xD
... Now that I think about it, you are right. I'm starting to think the post on NeoGaf was BS. But we can't rely purely on speculation, we can never know what these 3 will pull out.
And, alright, Xbox 720 for now.
Posted Image

#15 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

BAKA!!! seriously does nobody do any research??? In an interview with....damn it forgot his name in xbox magazine it was the ceo or president or vice president or somthing. He said "For the millionth time we have nothing to show at E3 2012 involving the Xbox 360's successor."

Stop....just...just stop. First off, Sony always supports their consoles for ten years but they also release the next console around the 7th or 8th year in a lifespan. PS1 came out in 1994 and still got gsmes up until 2003, even though the PS2 came out in 2000. The PS2 was developed on until 2010 even though the PS3 came out in 2006. All that ten year cycle means is Sony plans on developing PS3 gsmes until 2016 but they will probably release a PS4 in 2014. Also, their CEO said they don't want competitors to get a huge headstart this gen (I guess they don't take Nintendo seriously as a competitor).

I reference to the Xbox 720 denial at E3? It's marketing suicide to claim you are revealing your next hardware product 3 months before a show when your current hardware is selling higher nd faster than ever before. Microsoft will not admit their plans for e3 until e3. There is still a chance the 720 will at least be mentioned at E3 to steal some of Nintendo's thunder.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#16 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

Glad I could clear that up for yah.

You just slaughtered me right here xD
... Now that I think about it, you are right. I'm starting to think the post on NeoGaf was BS. But we can't rely purely on speculation, we can never know what these 3 will pull out.
And, alright, Xbox 720 for now.

Nintendo revealed they would show off there system before E3 last year and they did...it wasnt suicide. Plus with how well Microsoft did last E3 you really think they will do any better. At best they will say at the end. Oh yah we have started thinking about our next system but wait till E3 2013 for info.......Then again with the 2012 end of the world this year we wont even ever see the 720/PS4. And with the PS4 sony is in financial unstability right now. Spitting out a POWERHOUSE system would be shooting themselfs in the foot and would risk bankruptcy. after the failure of the PS3 launch they wont make that mistake again.

Stop....just...just stop. First off, Sony always supports their consoles for ten years but they also release the next console around the 7th or 8th year in a lifespan. PS1 came out in 1994 and still got gsmes up until 2003, even though the PS2 came out in 2000. The PS2 was developed on until 2010 even though the PS3 came out in 2006. All that ten year cycle means is Sony plans on developing PS3 gsmes until 2016 but they will probably release a PS4 in 2014. Also, their CEO said they don't want competitors to get a huge headstart this gen (I guess they don't take Nintendo seriously as a competitor).

I reference to the Xbox 720 denial at E3? It's marketing suicide to claim you are revealing your next hardware product 3 months before a show when your current hardware is selling higher nd faster than ever before. Microsoft will not admit their plans for e3 until e3. There is still a chance the 720 will at least be mentioned at E3 to steal some of Nintendo's thunder.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#17 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

I don't see this being successful for Microsoft if this is the case. More power is good, but it sounds like they're pushing it to ridiculous levels. They really can't survive on the big developers alone. If this means more smaller developers and more innovative games show up on Wii U, I'm all for it though. :D

Posted Image

#18 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:22 AM

A next gen console being next gen I don't see whats wrong here seems like he just stated the obvious .

#19 Abdullah Bin Mustajab

Abdullah Bin Mustajab

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:43 AM

A next gen console being next gen I don't see whats wrong here seems like he just stated the obvious .

You are just not good not realising gen is considered by time not specs.

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:52 AM

The guy later said he didn't hear it first hand.
It seemed to me he was kidding around.

Either way, good news for Nintendo.

Edited by Nollog, 26 March 2012 - 05:53 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!