Photo

A problem that could happen with Wii U's launch titles.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

Since we know Mario Wii U and Pikmin 3 will be at E3 2012 Nintendo will probably want to release them for launch titles, but what about 3rd party's?, if they release Mario, Pikmin 3, and tons of other 3rd party games on the same day that will hurt sales for everything, I don't know if Nintendo would want to release Mario and Pikmin 3 on the same day because that would not be good for sales but I feel most scared for 3rd party's, if 3rd party's don't sale well on the Wii U at launch then 3rd party's can say "Are games don't sale on Nintendo consoles, we won't develop for them anymore"

No matter how much I want Mario and Pikmin 3 now I think Nintendo should release Mario or Pikmin 3 at launch and not both and then release Mario or Pikmin 3 in Decemeber.

What do you think?.

Edited by Meelow100, 16 April 2012 - 02:05 PM.

#2 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

I have a feeling Mario or Pikmin will be launch titles. The other will come out at least 6 months after launch. I mean:

Super Mario Sunshine:
First Reveal - Spaceworld 08/22/01
Release Date - 08/26/02

Super Mario Galaxy:
First Reveal - E3 05/09/06
Release Date - 11/01/07

Super Mario Galaxy 2:
First Reveal - E3 06/02/09
Release Date - 05/23/10

But to counter that:

NSMB Wii was shown at E3 2009 and later released that same year.

Recent samples indicate that a 3D Mario game will be around a year after E3, while a 2D mario may be released this year. Only time will tell.

#3 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

I have a feeling Mario or Pikmin will be launch titles. The other will come out at least 6 months after launch. I mean:

Super Mario Sunshine:
First Reveal - Spaceworld 08/22/01
Release Date - 08/26/02

Super Mario Galaxy:
First Reveal - E3 05/09/06
Release Date - 11/01/07

Super Mario Galaxy 2:
First Reveal - E3 06/02/09
Release Date - 05/23/10

But to counter that:

NSMB Wii was shown at E3 2009 and later released that same year.

Recent samples indicate that a 3D Mario game will be around a year after E3, while a 2D mario may be released this year. Only time will tell.

That is true.

#4 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

I doubt that 3rd parties would be that dumb, and I doubt people would only buy Nintendo Games at launch.
In fact, I think that if there weren't Mario and pikmin, that it would hurt the Wii U. No they may want to delay one at launch if they were REALLY afraid of this, but I doubt it.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#5 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

I doubt that 3rd parties would be that dumb, and I doubt people would only buy Nintendo Games at launch.
In fact, I think that if there weren't Mario and pikmin, that it would hurt the Wii U. No they may want to delay one at launch if they were REALLY afraid of this, but I doubt it.

Trust me, I want Mario and Pikmin 3 at launch lol.

#6 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

It is possible that the games could overshadow the rest launch line up for the system. If Nintendo markets the 3rd party games correctly this problem could be avoided.

Edited by Caius, 16 April 2012 - 02:25 PM.

Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#7 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Pikmin 3 on launch day. Super Mario for Xmas.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#8 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

both games sound great. i really want atleast one of them with atleast one third party game too

Signature_Fox.png

#9 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

ive been thinking the same thing since last E3, HOWEVER!! i have a response!!

1) most third parties have partnered with nintendo on wii u so in some cases they are forced to release all key franchises, its kind of too late for some of them to back down even if they wanted to :P

2) their games are barely selling well on ps360 :P thats why there is so much support for wii u so early. these HD high cost games are barely selling on the current systems, if for some reason they dont sell well on the wii u, they should still nearly as much as the ps360 atleast

3) the existence of these third party games are going to attract ps360 gamers to wii u, most of whom arent interested in nintendo first party games anyway. Eg. a very close friend of mine doesnt have any nintendo consoles at all, yet he is sooo excited about wii u because he wants the best version of AC3 and GTA V and Hitman Absolution. he is not the only one of his kind, these people will help sell the third party games.
Posted Image

#10 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

I think that coming out with both at launch will be fine. If they release anything ELSE at launch, however, I wouldn't be too sure. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they release Mario at launch and Pikimin one month later, especially if the Wii U comes out in September-October.

#11 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

I'm not sure about Mario.

I am expecting Pikmin to be there at launch.
We've also got Ninja Gaiden 3 and Darksiders 2, although, the former didn't get good reviews. Sad face.

If Dragon Quest X does come out before the release, I will be expecting the Wii U version at launch. I'm not really expecting a major difference between both versions other than Wii U exclusives down the track.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#12 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

I know for certain that I'll be buying most of my third-party games on the Wii U for the next generation.

Having Mario at launch would be perfect as they always fly consoles off shelves somehow.

Edited by Joshua, 16 April 2012 - 10:54 PM.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#13 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:26 AM

Yeah as a few people have said it won't be a big problem. You know, if the system releases with Pikmin 3 and Mario Wii U, then they will both sell well and the third party games will sell meh. Alternately, if they release it without those first party titles ala the 3DS, first party titles wont exist and third party titles will still sell meh, and then everyone will prophesies the demise of the system until first party games DO come out, at which point everything blows over.

Called it.

Edited by Rockalot, 17 April 2012 - 05:26 AM.

Posted Image

#14 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

As long as Nintendo doesn't release Zelda,pikman, Mario,metroid and f zero all at launch third parties will be fine.

As long as Nintendo doesn't release Zelda,pikman, Mario,metroid and f zero all at launch third parties will be fine.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#15 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

It doesn't matter. Nintendo is trying to attract a different demographic this time. If they release Mario 4 on launch it will change nothing. All Nintendo fans will buy it til its sold out. The third-party developers will still have the floor along side Nintendo to attract in the "Hardcore" demographic that they needed badly with the Wii. To put it simply, Nintendo will handle the kiddie(family)games and Third party will handle most "hardcore" games drilling back some of the gamers from Sony and Microsoft.

...all demographics must be catered to at launch in order for the Wii U to be successful.

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

Mario will probably be the launch title, pikmin3 the launch window title.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

Well Nintendo fans are always going to buy first party titles, but remember too that Nintendo now has a casual crowd from Wii who'd love to try pretty much any game, whether 1st or 3rd party. And lastly you have fans from PS360 who might be interested in seeing how their favorite 3rd party titles will work with the new controller.

So as far as I'm concerned, most of the games available at launch should sell pretty well, 1st and 3rd party.

Check out my artworks thread here on the forums

Follow me on 120px-Deviantart_logo.png

#18 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

And I'll be one broke fella with an angry wife if that were the case. :D

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#19 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

the way I see it, if I buy wii U, surely I am not going to buy all wii U games, but the ones who suit my needs.. So I dont see any problem with that. I am thinking 2 games for me, the day I buy wii U.. no more than that!! I am always making a research before I buy a game after all, it must be in my likes to do it so... I am not a guy who buys the entire wii U library or any other console in the past.. just buying the best ones and mostly the ones I like. So what you say hides other dangers as well..

People must have a variety list of games that suits every needs.. dont you think so?

The games I love to play are,

batman archam city
darksiders 2 (not sure I have to read user comments before I buy).
assassins creed 3
alien
mario 4 (if it comes..)

And if I have to pick 2 games from that list the first day, I may choose assassins creed 3 and alien. If the titles are plenty and most of them as a " MUST BUY" game.. then I may do the effort to purchase 1 game every month.. I want to play the games I am buying, so I can buy many games that I dont like very much, just to be in my collection.. I did this mistake in the past, and I have MANY GAMES that I didnt even opened yet.. abandoned them.. so I got my lesson as well.

Also never forget that wii U comes without HDD and I am about to buy also an hdd with a cage and probably a second controller with screen (as a replacement part, if it ever needed).. so the cost is a bit high..

Edited by Orion, 18 April 2012 - 06:08 AM.

#20 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

Looking at the evidence, All of Nintendo's teams apart from the Zelda team have been busy at work. With most projects for 3DS being outsourced, it's very unlikely that all these teams have been just lying around doing nothing (I hope not). CVG had an editorial highlighting what actually could be going on in Nintendo. It's great we have news editorials rather than news blogs (Note the WiiUblog and the 3dsblog are like editorials rather than news blogs when controversial information is presented). I know some people here don't like CoD but there has to be a selection of multiplayer games on day 1, and I would like to have CoD on there. Not say I wouldn't mind MoH or Ghost Recon but I'm using it as an example. I really do hope universal (hopefully video too) chat is allowed in the system when with party. I don't like the idea of having a separate "app" for just video chat with people, It should be possible if they have enough RAM for the console stuff when a game is being played.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!