Photo

Why Android is better than iPhone(my opinion,don't blame me please!)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Wii U freak&fan

Wii U freak&fan

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Link,Kirby,3DS,Wii U

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:05 AM

iPhone is a good smartphone with many features,but what about apps?Yeah,it has good apps,but,what about free apps?They are free,but "Lite" which means they're not full,and it has more games than "real applications",I mean,yeah,I think you get the point,Android has many "real applications" such as some flashlight applications that use the camera's flash effect as a flashlight,iPhone doesn't have many of these,same thing for old phones,they have only a built-in flashlight,like my mom's phone which was a Nokia one,but let's resume,Android has many free and addicting games,on the other hand,(iPhone)it has addicting games too but they cost,which is a big problem,take Angry Birds for example,good addicting game for PC too,it only costs $0.99 on the app store,but,what about Android?It is free!Totally free and full too!I recommend an Android smartphone,so,that's my opinion!
I'm very happy!
:)

#2 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:40 AM

Yeah and nah in my oppinion lol
i have a Android, and we have an iPad 2 (I see the iPad just as a larger iPhone)
And i prefer both for different reasons, i use my Phone to txt, and the iPad to read or slide through the net quickly, so apps don't really bother me ._.
But i suppose the pricing would be due to competition :/
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:41 AM

Hey mate, I'm not sure if this will help you much, but I think you should wear it just in case.

*hands you a flak jacket*

I don't actually have either device, I've used an iPhone but I'm not really fond of the idea. A lot of people want music, photos, video, internet, apps and all the like on their phone.

I just want a phone to do calls and txt msgs. And perhaps double up as a flashlight. Those are actually handy things we should all carry around.

Now, if someone makes a phone that can toast sandwiches for me, ALL MY MONEY!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:31 AM

The only thing I like about the iPhone is it's aesthetics. Other than that, an Android phone it is. Currently I have a HTC Sensation and am very happy with it.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#5 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

Before I type a paragraph please answer this question. Have you owned an iPhone before? Also why would you need an flashlight app? Can't you use your default camera app? It is faster specially if you have a password on your phone granted your phone lets you access the camera from the lockscreen.

LordPickleton.png

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

I don't think it's opinion.
Android is wildly more featured than iOS.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

A lot of companies are making phones using the Android Operating System, so there are more phones that use the Android OS than iOS. Apple is the only one that uses their Operating System, so they don't release many phones. Another factor to why people didn't get the iPhone is because they didn't want to change carries since they don't like AT&T. Now that the iPhone is available on most carriers they are taking back the market share.

Edited by Cerberuz, 21 April 2012 - 09:52 AM.

LordPickleton.png

#8 suhun4

suhun4

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

Before I type a paragraph please answer this question. Have you owned an iPhone before? Also why would you need an flashlight app? Can't you use your default camera app? It is faster specially if you have a password on your phone granted your phone lets you access the camera from the lockscreen.

What if the power goes out and you need light?

#9 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

Iphone does that stuff and more than android . Android is good but just kindof generic compared to ios . Games on android dont run as well either .

Signature_Fox.png

#10 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

What if the power goes out and you need light?

You can access your phones flash by using the camera why would you want a separate app for it. If you have a password on your phone(like me and most people with phones) you will need to type the password and scroll to the flashlight app to use the flash. Since most phones let you access the camera by the lockscreen your don't have to type in you password to use the camera flash. Making the default camera app faster than a flashlight app in that sort of situation.

Now do you understand why I said "why would you get a Flashlight App?".

Edited by Cerberuz, 21 April 2012 - 11:00 AM.

LordPickleton.png

#11 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

Iphone does that stuff and more than android . Android is good but just kindof generic compared to ios . Games on android dont run as well either .

Nope, the android has a much higher computability with certain programs and almost anyone can create apps for it. Any users can modify the system and put in the programs they want, like emulators and bluetooth controllers.
Until Apple allows adobe to work on their phones, the generic iphone isn't great.

Now, the jailbroken iphone, those are fine. They can do everything the androids can do, the major downside is the fragility of the iphone. All apple products are terrible at staying intact or resisting damage.

But computers are still far superior to either.

Edited by Mournblade, 21 April 2012 - 11:11 AM.

#12 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Yea Jailbroken Apple Products are awesome.

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

You can access your phones flash by using the camera why would you want a separate app for it. If you have a password on your phone(like me and most people with phones) you will need to type the password and scroll to the flashlight app to use the flash. Since most phones let you access the camera by the lockscreen your don't have to type in you password to use the camera flash. Making the default camera app faster than a flashlight app in that sort of situation.

Now do you understand why I said "why would you get a Flashlight App?".

I have one, it's pretty handy.
I've got an android.
My brother has an IPhone 4S or G or whatever's not the newest, but was new before that one.
It's all locked down and so few free apps. :(

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

I have one, it's pretty handy.
I've got an android.
My brother has an IPhone 4S or G or whatever's not the newest, but was new before that one.
It's all locked down and so few free apps. :(

What's locked down, his iPhone?

LordPickleton.png

#15 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Nope, the android has a much higher computability with certain programs and almost anyone can create apps for it. Any users can modify the system and put in the programs they want, like emulators and bluetooth controllers.
Until Apple allows adobe to work on their phones, the generic iphone isn't great.

Now, the jailbroken iphone, those are fine. They can do everything the androids can do, the major downside is the fragility of the iphone. All apple products are terrible at staying intact or resisting damage.

But computers are still far superior to either.

Iphone is the least generic phone out there you just thought that when i said android feels like generic apple it made you upset i can undetstand . But i stand on my opinion , also in
My experience every android game compared to ios seems to run a little worse ( maybe porting issues idk ) but regular iphones are fine you dont need to jailbreak them and last time i checked it was illegal anyway so its not such a hot idea lol.

Apple products are terrible at resisting damage lololol ive dropped my ipod touch 3 rd gen at least 3 times a year at good height and it works perfectly and screen is amazing .
My familys android phone had one thing dropped on the screen and its fried now . It done .

Yah i hope you understand now

Signature_Fox.png

#16 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

Iphone is the least generic phone out there you just thought that when i said android feels like generic apple it made you upset i can undetstand . But i stand on my opinion , also in
My experience every android game compared to ios seems to run a little worse ( maybe porting issues idk ) but regular iphones are fine you dont need to jailbreak them and last time i checked it was illegal anyway so its not such a hot idea lol.

I wasn't upset, but I have many issues with Apple, especially their arrogant business moves and refusal to allow other parties to produce on their products.
I have an android phone and I have had no issues with games, it runs all ported games as well.

Jailbraking an Iphone isn't illegal, it just voids the terms of services with apple. The iphone is extremely limited, once jailbroken, you can do just about anything with it.

#17 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

I wasn't upset, but I have many issues with Apple, especially their arrogant business moves and refusal to allow other parties to produce on their products.
I have an android phone and I have had no issues with games, it runs all ported games as well.

Jailbraking an Iphone isn't illegal, it just voids the terms of services with apple. The iphone is extremely limited, once jailbroken, you can do just about anything with it.

oh ok good stand i wanted to see what you would say lol

Signature_Fox.png

#18 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

Every one of my friends with an iPhone or iPod Touch (I seriously mean every last one of them) has a cracked screen from dropping it from about 4 feet off the ground. One of my friends has an Android which he dropped from his second floor down to his kitchen and it still works fine.

While your specific examples may vary, its definitely true that Apple products are more fragile and restricted.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

What's locked down, his iPhone?

I'm used to being able to customise pretty much whatever I want, so I get in his iPhone's settings menu, and see like 4 options. :|
That's not on.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

The only thing I would like my iPhone and iPad to do is lock individual Apps. Jailbraking your iDevices is not illegal, but it's not right to do it just so you can get free apps. If you can afford a $200+ device a $1 app should be no problem. I jailbroke my iPod to theme it with my custom App icons, also because not all apps had HD icons for the retina display since it was new which really got on my nerves.

I have no problem with Apps not being free since I can afford them and as far as I know Angry Birds isn't that great of a game.

Just wanted to add this

You say the Android Market has many good Free games, but you only mention one 'Angry Birds'.
The great games that are available for both the Android Market and App Store are not free this includes

-Too bad the Android Market doesn't have Scribblenauts Remix
  • Dead Space
  • Were's My Water
  • Anomaly Warzone Earth
  • Reckless Racing
  • Reckless Racing 2
  • Reckless Getaway
  • Minecraft Pocket Edition
  • Cut the Rope
  • Flight Control
  • Fruit Ninja
  • Riptide GP
  • Plants vs Zombies
  • Spy Mouse
Now that is a small list of apps in both the Android Market and App Store
The App Store also has apps like 'Words with Friends', 'Draw Something', and 'Hang with Friends' where they have a Free version with advertisements or less colors(Draw Something) and the Full version for $1 that has no advertisements or all the colors(Draw Something).

Now tell me all these amazing Free Apps that are paid on the App Store.

Edited by Cerberuz, 22 April 2012 - 08:23 PM.

LordPickleton.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!