Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:02 PM

Guys, I'm currently a writer to be, and I need to know wheter I should conitinue with my story idea. Here it goes

The rain fell with intense vigor one cold and lonely night of May. The dark clouds covered every inch of the night sky concealing any trace of the moon's rays. In a cold alleyway three figures made their way through the maze like streets. Two of the individuals held long pointed spears and wore tight leather armor while the third, which stood in between the others, hid his face under a dark cloak.
The cloaked figure stopped for a moment to catch his breath. He was an average looking man with long white hair and a bushy white beard. He wore a purple attire made of fine fabric that revealed his high social status. "This is utterly ridiculous, I am a noble! Why should I be running around the streets like a mere rat?" the man mumbled under his breath.
One of his companions stopped to peer through a corner of the alleyway to make sure the perimeter was safe while the other turned to look at the cloaked man. "My lord," he began, "there is reason to believe there is a price for your head. It is not safe for you to remain in your home. Please, I beg of you as your loyal bodyguard, cooperate and follow us in silence."
The cloaked man looked up at his bodyguard with disbelief. "A price for my head? Are you insane! I have done nothing wrong! Who would arrange for such a thing?"
The bodyguard sighed. "Our sources tell us that the order comes from the Noble class. They suspect you to be associated with the illegal trafficking of slaves in the area."
"Preposterous! I have done no such thing! How dare they put a price on my head! I swear they will pay!"
"The coast is clear," whispered the second bodyguard before continuing his way down the dark alleyway.
The first bodyguard grabbed the cloaked man's arm and motioned him to move forward. "Please milord, I have heard rumors that the higher ups in the Noble class are becoming cruel and corrupted and I promise you that they will pay, but right now it's our top priority to get you to safety."
"But why the hasty retreat soldier?" the man questioned.
The bodyguard took a deep breath. "They say the man that's in charge of your assassination is none other than that dreaded mercenary, Mark "The Anarchist".
The man's eyes widened at the sound of the name and his skin grew pale and cold. "That man is nothing but a demon. I've heard nothing but horrible nightmares about him. Is it really true? Are you certain it's him?"
The soldier nodded. "We believe so."
Just then, an ear piercing scream could be heard from the shadows of the alleyway and the soldier who was leading them was nowhere in sight. The man's bodyguard automatically shoved him behind himself and drew his spear in front of him. "Who's there?" he demanded with a hint of fear in his voice.
Out of the darkness a hooded figure appeared carrying a long broadsword covered in blood. It slowly pulled his hood back revealing a young man with messy golden hair and a pair of intimidating cold golden eyes. He pointed his sword at the cloaked man and spoke with a metallic voice. "Kracious Delvara of the Delvara household, a price has been placed on your head and I intend to claim it."
The nobleman known as Kracious stood back in utter fear. His hair stood on edge, his eyes wide open, his forehead began to sweat in anxiety, he truly felt as if he was hearing death itself speak to him, claiming his soul.
His bodyguard stood loyally in front of him, spear at the ready. "Are you…. Mark "The Anarchist"?
The young man glared at him with his icy stare. "You need not concern yourself with my identity. Now, this has nothing to do with you. Leave now or I will kill you without mercy," the grip on his sword tightened.
"I…" he stammered. "will not leave my lord's side."
The young man known as Mark sighed. "As you wish." He grabbed his sword with both hands and dashed towards the bodyguard. With one swift and inhumane movement he managed to slice the soldier's spear in half, finishing it up by stabbing the man square on the chest. The ordeal barely lasted five seconds.
The bodyguard stood, blood gushing from his mouth and wound, eyes focused on his murderer. "Milord…. I am….sorry."
Mark withdrew his sword and the man collapsed on the cold wet floor. He then focused his stare on the cowardly noble while the rain slowly washed away the blood that fell on his face.
"No! Please!" the noble begged as the young man slowly made his way towards him. "You… you are nothing but a puppet controlled by those of the higher class! One day they will turn on you and kill you! Mark my words!"
His never managed to finish his sentence as the cold and sharp tip of the large broadsword pierced his chest ending his life instantly.
Mark withdrew his sword and stared at the lifeless body of the nobleman. "A puppet of the higher class," he whispered. "All I care about is ridding the world of filthy maggots like you. The rest doesn't matter." He strapped his sword on his back and disappeared into the rainy night leaving the bodies lying on the stone cold ground of the dark alleyway.

So what do you guys think? would you read a novel if it began with this. Any critism is allowed, except for Trolling

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#2 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:56 AM

Posted Image

Sorry, I couldn't pass the chance.

*ahem*

Any who, your story is good for the most part. I would just like to make a few suggestions to make it better.
First, I think you should separate it into paragraphs. Just to organize it better. Second, it seems your story takes back in a fantasy type scene, so how about you use some olden language? "tis the way to do things" that kinda thing. Third, I wasn't sure if you were trying to say "inhumane" or "inhuman".

Otherwise, I liked it and thought it was pretty good.

Edited by superdarkyoshi, 14 June 2011 - 06:57 AM.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#3 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:46 AM

Of course I'll give some feedback, I'm going to try and give some feedback on Museum work as often as I can cause I think it's such a great idea.

The Good

- "Why should I be running around the streets like a mere rat?" I don't know why but I just loved this sentence.
- Very suspenseful and gripping beginning, leaves the reader with a lot of questions that makes them want to know more. Why was the man who killed? Who is Mark? etc
- Grammar is pretty tight give or take a few things.

The bad

-PARAGRAPHS! This was a bit of apain to get through which is sad because the narrative was good (nuff said, I agree with SDY 100% here. When reading in a book its a bit easier when there are no lines than when reading on a web page.
-Mark, they describe him as a demon but he doesn't seem that terrifying in the description.

And to answer your question, yes, I would read more :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#4 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:05 AM

I liked it a lot, I didn't know we had so many writers here.

I agree with the general concensus that it needs some re-structuring.
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#5 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:50 PM

It was in paragraphs on my document, So that problem is fixed in the final product. also, he's called the demon cause he doesn't rest until his targets are deac

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!