• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

I dont know about anyone else but I play madden ALL the time and I am a huge football fan. I know EA is on board with the Wii U and I have read madden 13 is coming out for the wii but I cant find anything about the Wii U yet. Maybe they are waiting for E3 to show what it could do? I really hope some sports games come to the Wii U this fall. Anyone else agree?

#2 KgGamesXL

KgGamesXL

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:38 AM

I agree with you I would love to see how EA implements their sports games on the Wii U.With madden i would assume that you would be able to create your own plays with the tablet controller and maybe the controller can be used for mini games like catching the ball.For NHL they'd probably use the controller's touch screen for passing and shooting or maybe just have all the offensive and defensive lines on the controller and then touch them for easy access.But don't worry they will probably show it off at E3 or later in the year when the Wii U is coming out and in my opinion you can expect better graphics and better functionality on the Wii U versions of sports games.

#3 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:19 AM

I assume it's a perfect fit, the Wiipad could and I assume would be used primarily for a birds eye view of the field so the player can focus on tactics etc for their team.

Posted Image

#4 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

Trust me It'll be in there. EA wants money? They'll put it on the Wii U.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#5 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

^what joshua said, im sure all majore EA games, or all EA games in total will be on the wii u this autumn/winter. im pretty sure EA has a partnership that makes them have to put all key franchises on the wii u.
Posted Image

#6 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

Yea I was thinking like you could draw up your plays on the controlle so the person your playing cant see which would be great because I know my friends cheat and watch me pick plays and like someone said....you could get different views and stuff. Man, E3 can not come soon enought

#7 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

Just the fact that my friends won't be able to say I'm looking at their plays while I'm killing them in madden is enough for me...hopefully the playbooks will be on the WiiPad:)

#8 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

Just the fact that my friends won't be able to say I'm looking at their plays while I'm killing them in madden is enough for me...hopefully the playbooks will be on the WiiPad:)

This is probably the first thing I thought of when the Wii U controller was first announced.
When I heard that Nintendo might only just allow one playable Wii U controller per system, my dreams were shot,
but now that one tablet/console nonsense might actually have changed, so my hopes are back.

I JUST WANT E3 man... sometimes life needs a FF>> button. lol.

#9 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

im thinking that madden 13 will come out on wii u. i wont get it because i have madden 12 for 360 but it would be cool to see what EA could do with the wii u's power

This is probably the first thing I thought of when the Wii U controller was first announced.
When I heard that Nintendo might only just allow one playable Wii U controller per system, my dreams were shot,
but now that one tablet/console nonsense might actually have changed, so my hopes are back.

I JUST WANT E3 man... sometimes life needs a FF>> button. lol.

Reggie fils-aime confirmed there will be atleast 2 tablet controllers at a time :D probably one of the better wii u announcements
Also drawing plays on the controller for wii u could be somewhat like madden all play 09 for wii. in that game you can make your own plays, now you can do it secretly haha :D

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 23 April 2012 - 11:14 AM.

Signature_Fox.png

#10 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

There's absolutely no way that EA won't bring all of their big sports games to Wii U this year. I mean really, all they need to do is port the 360 version and add a few tablet gimmicks and Nintendo Network functionality, and bam, a whole truckload more cash will just land in EA's pockets. :P

But with all the news about EA and Nintendo becoming best buds all of a sudden, I wouldn't be surprised if every EA title over the next year gets a Wii U version. Nintendo needs western games and it's obvious that EA is one of their first choices here.

Posted Image

#11 The Last Mellon

The Last Mellon

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

I dont know about anyone else but I play madden ALL the time and I am a huge football fan. I know EA is on board with the Wii U and I have read madden 13 is coming out for the wii but I cant find anything about the Wii U yet. Maybe they are waiting for E3 to show what it could do? I really hope some sports games come to the Wii U this fall. Anyone else agree?

I love madden too I play madden 12 alot although I get fps drop and lag online which sucks alot any way I can't wait to see how they implament the tablet.

Edited by The Last Mellon, 23 April 2012 - 11:49 AM.

Posted Image

#12 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

I love madden too I play madden 12 alot although I get fps drop and lag online which sucks alot any way I can't wait to see how they implament the tablet.

Me to. I love madden and I dont even care if it is a port. I plan on selling my modded 360 anyways around september to throw some extra cash towards the wii u so, I will be needing madden for my new toy!

#13 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

Maybe they could take a page from Tekken and let you draw on the loosing teams couch or players. :P
Posted Image

#14 The Last Mellon

The Last Mellon

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

Me to. I love madden and I dont even care if it is a port. I plan on selling my modded 360 anyways around september to throw some extra cash towards the wii u so, I will be needing madden for my new toy!

I probably might trade in/sell my wii and maybe my sisters laptop :D to try and get cash for the wii u and I have a franchise that is on season 9 LOL i need a life ( ._.)

Edited by The Last Mellon, 23 April 2012 - 12:01 PM.

Posted Image

#15 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

If there are two controllers, being able to pick your plays on the controller in local multiplayer would be an absolute must. Other than that.... I dunno, but it'd certainly be cool to have Madden 13 be there at launch!

#16 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

MADDEN SUCKS.

The animation is terrible and the graphics are meh. They hadn't had a good game since 07. The physics are SUPER unrealistic and it's not fluid at all.

EA sports NFL monopoly contract will end in 2013, correct me if I'm wrong. Then 2k will have rights and run Madden down just like the beat EA Sports in basketbal

NFL 2k FTW!!!!!!

But Madden will most likely be on the WiiU though.

Look at this video! This is a game from 2005 with graphics and physics ahead of it's time.

Way better than Madden.

Now look at this garbage.

#17 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

MADDEN SUCKS.

The animation is terrible and the graphics are meh. They hadn't had a good game since 07. The physics are SUPER unrealistic and it's not fluid at all.

EA sports NFL monopoly contract will end in 2013, correct me if I'm wrong. Then 2k will have rights and run Madden down just like the beat EA Sports in basketbal

NFL 2k FTW!!!!!!

I wish EA would use the Euphoria engine for better physics and more realistic tackles.

In stead, I think they're still just pre animating thousands of different moves and tackles, which doesn't always translate well visually.

Edited by dagwood dang, 23 April 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#18 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

MADDEN SUCKS.

NFL 2k FTW!!!!!!

Look at this video! This is a game from 2005 with graphics and physics ahead of it's time.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=k6BAdBZCMsk
Way better than Madden.

Now look at this garbage.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=M7rasBLR0u4

Please........I cant stand when people compare 2k5 to any madden game. You cant. Madden blows it out of the water. 2K sucks at making sports games. MLB blows and NBA is getting worse. I wish EA would just buy them out so we can get MVP Basbeball back. Madden 12 is 100 times better than a game that came out in 2004. And 2K will never run down madden...the name madden sells and always will. Look at all pro football..garbage. It was sad..the game looked like a game from 2004.

#19 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

Please........I cant stand when people compare 2k5 to any madden game. You cant. Madden blows it out of the water. 2K sucks at making sports games. MLB blows and NBA is getting worse. I wish EA would just buy them out so we can get MVP Basbeball back. Madden 12 is 100 times better than a game that came out in 2004. And 2K will never run down madden...the name madden sells and always will. Look at all pro football..garbage. It was sad..the game looked like a game from 2004.

They didn't try on pro football because stupid EA Sports monopolized the NFL. NFL 2k5 beats the crap out of madden. Madden has crap physics ,imagine the 2k13 graphics today it will look as good as NBA 2k12. And 2k's NBA beat the carp out of Elite.
But, I agree with you about MVP that is better than 2k baseball. They should trade NFL and MLB rights.

So why do you think Madden is better. Because NFL 2k5 was better in all ways. It took them 7 years to get on par with 2k.
You are probably a fanboy who dosen't know what they're talking about.

Edited by Sportsgamer, 23 April 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#20 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

^what joshua said, im sure all majore EA games, or all EA games in total will be on the wii u this autumn/winter. im pretty sure EA has a partnership that makes them have to put all key franchises on the wii u.

Trust me It'll be in there. EA wants money? They'll put it on the Wii U.

^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!