#1 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

Previously i have expressed my concern about the lack of clickable sliders on the prototype wii u controller, i really really worry about this, i know many of you dont find it a problem, but i really do. i hope to God that nintendo has thought about this and fixed it and the final controller will have clickable sliders.

http://www.gonintend...story&id=176710

this rumour indicates that the problem has indeed been fixed for the final controller design. i know its just a rumour, but a rumour is better than no word about it at all :D
Posted Image

#2 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

Not meaning to interrupt the party but how the Fck will this work?

Most lilely wishful thinkers.
No sig.

#3 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

That's what I thought at first too.
Posted Image

Make the bottom part clickable. Maybe turn it to a button or ball. If you've ever used clickable analogs.

Edited by Sportsgamer, 04 May 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#4 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

I would believe that the underneath the sliders would be a press-able button.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#5 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

ye of little faith :P dont question something just cos u cant figure it out. other people can, and to be honest its quite easy to picture the kind of mechanism that would be behind it.
Posted Image

#6 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

If they're clickable then it won't be sliders, it will be analog sticks. Clickable sliders are a sad control method and i hate using it to duck in FPS's, or even worse, sprinting with it. Just use a quick tap on the touchscreen to simulate the clicable stick. CoD on the Wii and many other FPS's on Nintendo consoles did just fine without them.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#7 The Last Mellon

The Last Mellon

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

If the tablet comes with clickable anolog sticks I would be happy I mean why not?! just gives sony and microsoft fanboys a little less to troll on about.
Posted Image

#8 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

As I've stated before they could place the button on top of the sliders instead of under them in order to give the same affect as clicking an analog stick with a button under it.
Posted Image

#9 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

The controller desperately needs them.

#10 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! The whiny people might be getting what they asked for. THIS IS TERRIBLE!

Ok, I'm just kidding. I'm fine with this as long as it works well and doesn't make the slider feel loose or anything.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

http://www.neogaf.co...9&postcount=232
Journalism at it's best.
They couldn't even link to specific posts, let alone imply their "source" was just a 'gaffer.

Circle Pad clicking would be as simple as adding a small button in the centre of the pad, but having a button there is terrible design IMO, it's so easy to click without meaning to, and I'm just talking about regular dualstickbutton configurations.
What's wrong with having your index finger on the shoulder button ready to pounce when needed?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

This would be very cool, I really think Nintendo has to implement some form of R3 and L3 bottons.
Posted Image

#13 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

as long as the sliders aren't so annoying to accidentally press, I'm ok, heck I'm kind of neutral on this topic, both have a one good/one bad tradeoff to the point it does not matter much, a revolution to solve the flaws of either clickable sliders or buttons is what I'm hoping for

future controller=2 sliders, touch screen, motions, 2 buttons per 2 outer fingers 2 triggers for other 2 fingers, a switch to turn on clicking sliders on the back, wrist straps to keep your pointlessly overloaded hands to the controller, oh, and you have to use your nose to use the touch screen
:laugh:

#14 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

Circle Pad clicking would be as simple as adding a small button in the centre of the pad, but having a button there is terrible design IMO, it's so easy to click without meaning to...

That is the biggest concern I have with clickable slider pads.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#15 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:04 PM

i honestly dont care how they do it im just hoping its there. Though i could see how the incorrect implantation of this feature could lead to people accidentally click the sliders a lot

#16 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

I just can't see how it would work. If they want it clickable, just add damn controll sticks.
No sig.

#17 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

I was just reading the comments on go nintendo, and for some reason everyone hated clickable sliders. I'm like why the hell would they not like them? It pretty much is a standard and in most fps, clicking is either sprinting or crouching.

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

Well I don't like them because I'm mistakenly clicking them when I don't mean to.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:35 AM

Do you guys grip the controller hard or what? I have never pressed them on accident.

LordPickleton.png

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:24 AM

When I'm dodging things like you have to in most games, I do hold the controller tight, yes.
And flurry to hit the right buttons and move my character in the way I wish them to move by using the sticks.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!