#41 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

It will easily have more than 1.5GB of memory MARK MY WORDS ON THAT ONE!

Marked.

LordPickleton.png

#42 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

Marked.

Marked your mark ^_^

#43 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

I read somewhere that Nintendo were trying to figure out if the extra cost of going from 768M to 1GB memory was worth it. I'll just google it.

http://www.computera...nese-developer/

I think 1.5GB will go a long way for making up for a lack of a hard drive especially if the wii U has a really good system of background loading from its optical drive. I just feel memory vs cost offers one of the greatest performance gains especially when you consider it doesn't add much to heat inside the wii U case. It really is one area Nintendo can be generous.

That said I'll be happy with 1GB its still a huge increase on the ps3/360's 0.5GB and the possible 768M option.

#44 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

I read somewhere that Nintendo were trying to figure out if the extra cost of going from 768M to 1GB memory was worth it. I'll just google it.

http://www.computera...nese-developer/

Not sure about the link if legit, it doesnt look though, or it is just a rookie journalist. The reason, when he says that wii U have a similar cpu with xbox. Xbox have xenon an 8years old cpu tweaked over periods but basically the same.. (smaller and combined with gpu in the most recent version)..

Wii U got totally different cpu architecture, day and night from xbox.. (just in the papers, xbox cpu is 3 cores 2 threads its core. Wii U cpu is quad, maybe nintendo cuts 1 core, but each core have 4 threads and an additional L3 cache up to 16 mb). And its confirmed.

Its more like Intel quad q6600 vs Intel 3770k in matter of performance and tech. Day and night between this 2..

Edited by Orion, 11 May 2012 - 09:52 PM.

#45 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

Its quite an old story going back to December and the specification was not locked down. Now the V5 dev kits are out that are mass produced any leaks now should really be on the ball. Just need a developer to quietly whisper the details into a journalists ear who can then write an article about it.

The thing before was developers had development hardware that could be configured for the different possible specifications of the wii U so any leaks could represent a different configuration which was their best guess of the final configuration but now they actually know the final spec or incredibly close to it.

#46 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

24 days until we see if any of theses rumors materialize into reality.

#47 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

Good news could be blu ray ? Probably wont be but i need a new one so id really need one on day 1 :)

#48 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

Good news could be blu ray ? Probably wont be but i need a new one so id really need one on day 1 :)

Alas from the specs given their will be no blu-ray nintendo seems to be using their own disc

#49 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

Alas from the specs given their will be no blu-ray nintendo seems to be using their own disc

Ahhh but we can all dream :)

#50 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

it wouldn't make a difference to me whether it was included or not, but having a blu ray feature would be a nice addition to those who would want it

#51 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

it wouldn't make a difference to me whether it was included or not, but having a blu ray feature would be a nice addition to those who would want it

I suppose nintendo are thinking that movies will be streamed in hi def so whats the point in adding a blu ray. Now im gettiing all excited about the possabilitys of not jus games but tv and film streaming on my tv and the controler! I cant f-ing wait!

#52 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

I suppose nintendo are thinking that movies will be streamed in hi def so whats the point in adding a blu ray. Now im gettiing all excited about the possabilitys of not jus games but tv and film streaming on my tv and the controler! I cant f-ing wait!

Took the words out of my mouth. Check this out.

http://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/whispers-of-the-wii-around-the-industry-pre-e3-2012-edition/

Nintendo, Ubisoft, and EA knows what's going on? Out of the three, Nintendo and EA have been extremely quiet lately. Ubisoft has been doing all the blabbering especially about socially connecting games. Has Nintendo come up with a clever idea to keep us playing by adding deep, rich, online functionally? Is EA the key to this online functionality? Is Ubisoft the inside hype man who knows all the in's and out's and ninja's? LESS THAN A MONTH BEFORE E3!!!

#53 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

Took the words out of my mouth. Check this out.

http://www.nintendoe...3-2012-edition/

Nintendo, Ubisoft, and EA knows what's going on? Out of the three, Nintendo and EA have been extremely quiet lately. Ubisoft has been doing all the blabbering especially about socially connecting games. Has Nintendo come up with a clever idea to keep us playing by adding deep, rich, online functionally? Is EA the key to this online functionality? Is Ubisoft the inside hype man who knows all the in's and out's and ninja's? LESS THAN A MONTH BEFORE E3!!!

Well, they said they were asking third parties to help develop an online system, and I think it was confirmed/there was a rumor that EA was one of them.

Edited by Keviin, 17 May 2012 - 10:12 AM.

No sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!