• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

Funny how when Nintendo was in the same loss situation all Nintendo fans(including myself) were saying Nintendo were not going to go down and despite what news sites were suggesting, yet however when a completely different company than your prefered one posts a loss and is restructuring their plans your outright opinion is that they could no longer exist in 2 years time, I smell hipocrisy.

On to Microsofts patent, well Microsoft is making Windows 8 which is intended for tablets, with the Xbox hub being the primary focus ( Zune to be scrapped and rebranded as Xbox media) of course they would be a patent for tablet controller regardless of Wii U. The reason they said their not impressed is because they believe their solution is a much better solution.

Yes I enjoy being the devils advocate on these forums.

I agree 100% but Sony has turned a profit in years. It would sorta make since for them to wait until they completely reorganize the company before they release the PS4. Nintendo took a loss but no way near as much as Sony. If they release a super beast of a PS4 in this economy they would have to sell it at a loss. Their ten year strategy is fine. PS3's are selling now. Another bad investment could really be the end of Sony.

#22 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

I agree 100% but Sony has turned a profit in years. It would sorta make since for them to wait until they completely reorganize the company before they release the PS4. Nintendo took a loss but no way near as much as Sony. If they release a super beast of a PS4 in this economy they would have to sell it at a loss. Their ten year strategy is fine. PS3's are selling now. Another bad investment could really be the end of Sony.

For some reason I still thought these consoles were still maturing, it feels too early for a new console generation for Xbox and PS3, to me at least.I think it's just that consoles haven't hit the £99 mark yet which is usually the marker that a new gen is on the way. I'm going to call 2014 the new console year as I always have been calling it. I don't think there really is demand for new consoles from what I am seeing from my circle of people I know.

Time will tell eventually.

#23 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

For some reason I still thought these consoles were still maturing, it feels too early for a new console generation for Xbox and PS3, to me at least.I think it's just that consoles haven't hit the £99 mark yet which is usually the marker that a new gen is on the way. I'm going to call 2014 the new console year as I always have been calling it. I don't think there really is demand for new consoles from what I am seeing from my circle of people I know.

guess we differ in opinion a lot because i think next gen has been long over due and its quite apparent when you see the amazing things the pc platform is able to pull off now. Its almost been 10 years since this generation started.

#24 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

Thats the thing though. Nintendo had 1 bad year after 40 years without a loss. That is nothing. NINTENDO WAS NEVER IN ANY BAD SHAPE AT ALL. That idiot Michael Pachter said Nintendo has no money they will go bankrupt, Nintendo posted their profits and such they have $10 BILLION of tax free money in the bank. Nintendo can lose $257 MILLION each and every year and wont run out till 2052 then with Wii U sales and selling stock and tech they would last till 2075. Nintendo said a loss was good for them they went so long without one it just wakes them up a bit and gets them to stay on their A game. Only reason 2011 wasnt a good year for them was cause its the end of the Wii's life span. Anyone who wants a Wii has already had one.

But Sony on the other hand lost $6.4 BILLION in 2011 which is 1/3 of the entire Sony companys worth. Sony themselfs said they predicit that will happen again this year meaning they lost 2/3 of their companies worth in 2 years. Meaning 2 years from now they could be gone if they arent careful. Plus Sony hasnt made a profit in 4 years. Also all their Investors have lost faith in Sony.

Funny how when Nintendo was in the same loss situation all Nintendo fans(including myself) were saying Nintendo were not going to go down and despite what news sites were suggesting, yet however when a completely different company than your prefered one posts a loss and is restructuring their plans your outright opinion is that they could no longer exist in 2 years time, I smell hipocrisy.

On to Microsofts patent, well Microsoft is making Windows 8 which is intended for tablets, with the Xbox hub being the primary focus ( Zune to be scrapped and rebranded as Xbox media) of course they would be a patent for tablet controller regardless of Wii U. The reason they said their not impressed is because they believe their solution is a much better solution.

Yes I enjoy being the devils advocate on these forums.

Oh it is defintly time to move on. The Abominations known as the PS3 and 360 are unbearable anymore. The Wii U will be the savior of the video gaming world.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 18 May 2012 - 12:27 PM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#25 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

I have a feeling that Nintendo is gonna steal the show for the third time. Not even Sony have the right investment in dominating the whole show.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#26 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

It wasn't a theory, I was implying that most Nintendo fans/fanboys are pretty much Sony haters. I didn't say all are because I too am a fan of both Sony and Nintendo.

You were very general with your post and it seemed more like you were implying that all nintendo fans were sony haters. Besides you can't simply say the general populace of nintendo gamers hate sony.
3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

#27 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

You were very general with your post and it seemed more like you were implying that all nintendo fans were sony haters. Besides you can't simply say the general populace of nintendo gamers hate sony.

I have been around many Nintendo forums and sites since Pokemon fire red and leaf green were announced and over the years it really has gotten worse with what I've seen with most Nintendo fanboys. If you go to mynintendonews, 3dsblog, the 3dstv channel and look at the comments, when ever nintendo does something right or is being praised, most comments instantly bash the competition, the part I hate about that is the overal theme of the article/video is praise but the comments are negativity about a competitive company. This I've seen on many forums that instead of praising their system they just tend to bash the opposition, all types of fanboys do this but Nintendo fans are supposed to be the more wiser but the fanboys are literally the worst.

I would like to rephrase my original comment to say most nintendo fanboys (not fans, there's a difference) are more Sony haters than nintendo fanboys.

Oh it is defintly time to move on. The Abominations known as the PS3 and 360 are unbearable anymore. The Wii U will be the savior of the video gaming world.

Abominations? What are you on about? How are those consoles that have produced stellar content such as MGS4, Uncharted, Gears of War, soon to include The Last of Us and creating an emerging indie developing scene. These abominations have bought us gems such as flower, fat princess, super meat boy, limbo as well as a robust online connectivity. What the hell are you on about?

Edited by Usman Mohammad, 19 May 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#28 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

I have been around many Nintendo forums and sites since Pokemon fire red and leaf green were announced and over the years it really has gotten worse with what I've seen with most Nintendo fanboys. If you go to mynintendonews, 3dsblog, the 3dstv channel and look at the comments, when ever nintendo does something right or is being praised, most comments instantly bash the competition, the part I hate about that is the overal theme of the article/video is praise but the comments are negativity about a competitive company. This I've seen on many forums that instead of praising their system they just tend to bash the opposition, all types of fanboys do this but Nintendo fans are supposed to be the more wiser but the fanboys are literally the worst.

I would like to rephrase my original comment to say most nintendo fanboys (not fans, there's a difference) are more Sony haters than nintendo fanboys.

I agree with you. Though, I still think nintendo fanboys are no more venomous than the other fanboys.

Edited by EternalDeadman, 19 May 2012 - 12:10 PM.

3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!