Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

At 7:21

Randy Pitchford from Gearbox is loving the Wii U, he says
  • Upad is the best controller Nintendo has ever made
  • Best Shooter Controller
  • Wii U IS next gen (which we all knew but the haters in denial love to hate)
  • It's natural that it's a very powerful system
  • The Wii U version of Aliens Colonial Marines will be the best version (graphically which they will probably make it on par with the PC version and the Gameplay is best on the Wii U)
  • Super excited about the Wii U
  • Says If the Wii U didn't offer a competitive online infrastructure, they wouldn't do the game on that platform.

Edited by Meelow100, 19 May 2012 - 04:42 AM.

#2 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

How many times does Gearbox need to say the Wii U is NEXT-GEN for the people to get the message. :D
I doubt this isn't the first time they've said it.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#3 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

How many times does Gearbox need to say the Wii U is NEXT-GEN for the people to get the message. :D
I doubt this isn't the first time they've said it.

They said it tons of times but people love to hate.

#4 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

Hopefully it can use the new Wii U controller zapper. I want to play the game like that.

LordPickleton.png

#5 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

Wow, he makes this game sound quite interesting. I especially like the sound of being able to play in the third person as a Xenomorph (I think that's what he called it. Honestly, the only thing that has made me at all interested in the Aliens series is that it inspired the Metroid series. I would actually consider getting this game if it didn't have all the gory blood and I wasn't a big scardy cat.

As for what he said about the Wii U, I like how he very clearly stated that the Wii U is next generation. He also made it clear that the Wii U version is graphically superior to the PS360 versions. I found it interesting how he was actually providing reassurance that the PS360 versions would still be the full game.

The part about the Wii U's online is a little scary if I interpreted what he said correctly. He is saying that they don't actually know much about the Wii U's online and are just assuming that it is going to be up to their expectations. It doesn't sound good to be developing a game where you don't actually know much about a very important aspect of the system. But I'm sure that everything will work out nicely.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#6 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

Wow, he makes this game sound quite interesting. I especially like the sound of being able to play in the third person as a Xenomorph (I think that's what he called it. Honestly, the only thing that has made me at all interested in the Aliens series is that it inspired the Metroid series. I would actually consider getting this game if it didn't have all the gory blood and I wasn't a big scardy cat.

As for what he said about the Wii U, I like how he very clearly stated that the Wii U is next generation. He also made it clear that the Wii U version is graphically superior to the PS360 versions. I found it interesting how he was actually providing reassurance that the PS360 versions would still be the full game.

The part about the Wii U's online is a little scary if I interpreted what he said correctly. He is saying that they don't actually know much about the Wii U's online and are just assuming that it is going to be up to their expectations. It doesn't sound good to be developing a game where you don't actually know much about a very important aspect of the system. But I'm sure that everything will work out nicely.

He actully said if the Wii U's online wasn't good they would not put Aliens Colonal Marines on the Wii U (there was 2 reasons and Nintendo passed them both), so this is very good news.

#7 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

Wow, that says something about the power and graphics of the Wii U. I love gearbox games as well, so I hope they keep making game for us.Also after watching the video you can really see the excitement in his eyes.

Edited by Chinomanila, 18 May 2012 - 08:15 PM.

Posted Image

#8 The Ferryman

The Ferryman

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

the wait for e3 is killing me!!!! MUST KNOW MOAR!!!

#9 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

Well than Gearbox, they made it to my list of devs I love for the Wii U even more. This sounds like an awesome game I might get for the Wii U. can't wait for E3.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#10 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

I think this pretty much confirms Nintendo isn't skimping out with power this time.

Posted Image

#11 KennGalaxy

KennGalaxy

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

This Aliens game looks a little more interesting after seeing more gameplay. I'm not surprised to hear his comments on the power, Gearbox and other known devs have said similar things. His comments on the Wii U's online are what really intrigue me, I can't wait to hear more about the Nintendo Network.

#12 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

So Wii U is on par with pc and has good online? E3, y u no sooner?

By the way guys. Shouldn't we make a topic with all positive Wii U quotes? Just so we can get proof quick when in discussions with haters..
No sig.

#13 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

Omfg. That video just made my hype double. :)
I've been hesitantly looking forward to playing an Aliens game after learning you can play as a Xenomorph (never really played a FPS before). After that video I'm more confident that I'll be having fun stabbing people with my tail from dark corners. ;P
Posted Image

#14 KgGamesXL

KgGamesXL

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:11 AM

I think this pretty much confirms Nintendo isn't skimping out with power this time.

I hope that's true because from what Randy Pitchford said it seems like that because you could tell in the interview he was so excited about it and wanted to talk more about it but because of the NDA he couldn't.

#15 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:49 AM

It's nice to see these words from the actual people who CONFIRMLY make games for WiiU, not the ones who are making it in secret :P
But you notice someting, all of them are praising wiiu, we didn't have much negative at all ... the negative was almost always wrong, fake, april fool, old kits, old news... etc
Posted Image

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:30 AM

• Best Shooter Controller

:(
I wanted nunchuck/wiimote shooting. :(

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:33 AM

:(
I wanted nunchuck/wiimote shooting. :(

Your most likely bet will be CoD: Black Ops 2. I see support for the Wii U Controller (obviously), Classic Controller/Pro and the Wii Remote+Nunchuck. But don't expect the Wii Remote to supported as much as it was with the Wii.

Posted Image

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:40 AM

But don't expect the Wii Remote to supported as much as it was with the Wii.

Not very supported at all?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:43 AM

Not very supported at all?

It will still be suppoted of course but not as supported as the Upad will, I can actully see the Classic Controller being supported a little bit more then the Wiimote but who knows.

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:51 AM

I disagree.
The Wiimote barely got any support, I think it will be an option in most shooters now.
There are developers out there who see it was a good option, now they have the power too, I'm sure they'll combine them.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!