Photo

Ubisoft employee leaks a massive load of Wii U info!

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#41 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

Seems fake.

Is fake.

#42 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

Some of these things he listed seems plausible, but some seems completely bull. The Xbox 8s GPU better than the Wii Us? Then why is Epic complaining about the Xbox 8 and PS4s specs while only praising the Wii U? AND A 6GHZ DEV KIT?!?!?! I don't know of any computer out there that runs that much, or if it even needs it.

One of the reasons why I call BULL.

Also because Nintendo wouldn't even announce the price on the E3. It's impossible (nearly) for Ubi to know a damn price. And $450 for a console that's less powerful than Xbox 3? Highly, highly doubt it.
No sig.

#43 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

Eh, I remember seeing a lot of rumor list things like this last E3 and for the most part they were fake.

I doubt this again because it doesn't seem "professional" to me. And also it is so easy to lie over the internet. I know this because I am a developer working for Ubisoft and I have all the information on the Wii U and Nintendo only made the Wii U powerful enough to play N64 games.

Wow, now I am going to write a article about this and state it as a fact. Headline "Wii U already falling behind consoles three generations ago".

Edited by Chinomanila, 20 May 2012 - 12:45 PM.

Posted Image

#44 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

Also fake becauase Nintendo insisted on NOT having an achievement system.
No sig.

#45 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

Also fake becauase Nintendo insisted on NOT having an achievement system.

Really? When? I've never heard this before, and it'd seem rather ignorant. <_<

Posted Image

#46 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

Really? When? I've never heard this before, and it'd seem rather ignorant. <_<

http://kotaku.com/57...st-achievements Here it is.
Posted Image

#47 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

If this is true then...WOW!.

#48 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

http://kotaku.com/57...st-achievements Here it is.

Yup, and I agree with their point.

Even though I would dislike some rumors, like the price, non-clickable slider, a Radeon that doesn't seem too powerful... This is the kind of thing that gets me hyped for E3. I like it when rumors start popping up and we can speculate the hell out of them because nobody knows the credibility of them.

The 6770, it's about 5x the power of the Xbox's GPU anyway.

It can actually, if it wasn't running Fraps at the same time. not on ultra though.

5x power of Xbox, or of Xbox 360?

Edited by Keviin, 20 May 2012 - 10:11 AM.

No sig.

#49 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

I'm not sure if I believe all of this information. :/

What I'd like to believe is that the GPU is the Readon HD 6770. Pretty powerful as is and fairly current but it'll probably be streamlined when tweaked for Wii U.

I can also believe what's said about the price. Not the $450 but the $350-$400 (probably $379.99).

And I also believe that last bit: "At E3 we'll see something more impressive than these news"

Check out my artworks thread here on the forums

Follow me on 120px-Deviantart_logo.png

#50 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

Yup, and I agree with their point.

Even though I would dislike some rumors, like the price, non-clickable slider, a Radeon that doesn't seem too powerful... This is the kind of thing that gets me hyped for E3. I like it when rumors start popping up and we can speculate the hell out of them because nobody knows the credibility of them.

5x power of Xbox, or of Xbox 360?

360, I should've made that a bit clearer

Edited by Stulaw90, 20 May 2012 - 11:06 AM.

#51 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

if this was real then yves guillemot would be firing this guy right now cos he was stupid enough to say who he works for. i doubt this is real, if this guy loves the console so much he wouldnt throw away his job of working on the system like this
Posted Image

#52 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

360, I should've made that a bit clearer

So it's powerful enough to make a system worth 350-400 bucks?
No sig.

#53 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

lol at 6ghz. Only liquid nitrogen can that be achieved right now. Also that xbox 8 is going to have a even stronger cpu, seems so fake.

28gxdv8.png

#54 Fully87

Fully87

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dark Souls, Deus Ex, Half-Life

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

A hope the bit about 2Gig of RAM is true thats a good step up from the 360s 512mb. All will be revealed at E3, Cant come quick enough.

#55 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

THIS INFORMATION IS horsing GOLD!

Tech people from neogaf have been on the RIGHT CALL on the GPU all the time, somebody send em my congratulations, I still can't post there, very well detective work!

Thanks to Thraktor, the HD4870 was an temporary ADD-IN card for the early kits. And remember guys my own threads here, that some of the "detectives" might be actual developers masking their identity and leaking guilt in a clever way to get the info out in a confusing and speculative way by just making up their speculation stories :P I won't really go deep into this since it doesn't matter much now but it's an interesting thought.

Tech guys out there... Radeon 6770... Awesome, good, mediocre, old, meh, crap?

It's what we have been HOPING FOR ! But that's an equivalent, the final is obviously custom and a bit different.

2GB Ram .... this is the MAX of our projection, best case scenario , EVERYTHING, WOW, this is the best day! Feels so good the info comes just the next day from the last night's party and night stuff :P

OHHHH GOD GOD GOD THIS news and the UPDATED controller OMFG - you guys have no idea how important and SUPER FREAKING this news is. This confirms what we have been speculating, nintendo has made you his mother dog.

Man .... i am a very critical and well experienced guy I don't flip out on the hype so easily and not go crazy .. but this is SOME horsing GOOD NEWS. And I am pretty excited more than ever on this road to E3 2012.

Edited by Stewox, 20 May 2012 - 11:41 AM.

Posted Image

#56 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

So it's powerful enough to make a system worth 350-400 bucks?

More than powerful enough, although as Stewox pointed out, if it is like a 6770, it'll just be an equivalent custom chip, not an actual 6770.

But yeah, this is a fake news post which is made up of lots of Neogaf rumours.

#57 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

Tech guys out there... Radeon 6770... Awesome, good, mediocre, old, meh, crap?

It's the best case scenario from our very old projections, expectations and constructive speculation which is all from neogaf individuals like rosti, bgasssasin, ...etc etc and beyond3d forums. I could provide links but right now im on another machine and I don't have em bookmarked here.

Still it was known already that Xbox and PS4 will be a little more faster, about 20 to 30%, that's neglible, the point is that the hardware is actually up to date technologically. As a matter of fact, months ago, IGN leaked they know more, by stating that Xbo720 will be 20% stronger, and that is to be expected, totally no negative in that, but the funniest part is, the "20" ... this is a pretty small amount that won't make WiiU fall behind anywhere like the Wii did. Pure awesomeness i tell you, nintendo is horsing winning this every minute that passes and 1 year ahead of competition, or even longer if one party decides to wait longer from those two.

All the replies im going to make right now ... I see too much people not having idea and scope of how horsing important this news is, it's horsing awesome.

More than powerful enough, although as Stewox pointed out, if it is like a 6770, it'll just be an equivalent custom chip, not an actual 6770.

But yeah, this is a fake news post which is made up of lots of Neogaf rumours.

Is it fake ? How ?

I wasn't thinking of that at all since ubisoft has so much leaks, but what the heck, maybe it's a stupid dev, i know there are many. The fact that is shocked me is one thing, but when I'll have a more further look, I think something feels too good to be true, the 6GHZ does ...

One of the biggest factors is that the information is very compatible with the actual ture information, just because it's neogaf speculation doesn't mean it's wrong, actually specuation on neogaf and beyond3d is the most accurate and I am talking about individuals,not the tons of other people who are in for the lulz.

The info is also consistent with the ideamans hints, it's over 1GB, but it's not over 2GB of RAM ... so the info isn't at all that bad unless it was made to look like it, however the biggest point of being fake might be the developer said where he works.

I've just came here so I don't know if there was proof or not, and i haven't even checked all the pages ... give me some moments.

Seems fake, since Nintendo said they wasn't going to announce the release date on e3. But this guys says it releases in Novemeber.

The 6770 can't run bf3 in even 30fps

You are making a mistake.

DO NOT COMPARE PC ANYTHING WITH CONSOLES. The software layers on PC prevent it from getting the max optimizations and optimal performance, it's a significant amount, depends on how good the engine is, drivers, OS, API ... which on the Windows PC are one of the worse shape in the industry.

Very seriously meaning, search my posts on this forum here and you'll understand. I don't have em bookmarked here so I cant get you the links right now.

Edited by Stewox, 20 May 2012 - 11:57 AM.

Posted Image

#58 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

What I mean is that it's fake as in it's not the person who's posted it's news, but just bits of information that seems to be randomly put together from stuff across the internet, (i.e, he says it uses DX11, and we know that that's not true, and the 6GHz processor thing (in that small case?))

Edited by Stulaw90, 20 May 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#59 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

I think we are just a little nutty here because this is obviously fake! We were confirmed a POWER 7 CPU and it only goes up to 4.2 GHZ but a 6 GHZ is unheard of. We are just a little too desperate for information because of E3. So lets no get too carried away.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#60 The Ferryman

The Ferryman

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

it was rumored the wii u would have dx10. The xbox has dx9 and the ps3 has open gl but more or less the same as dx9. Now you are right, it's not that nintendo will use dx11, they will probably use open gl or whatever but it will have the same visual effects as dx11. This is amazing news, when dx11 goes mainstream and all next gen games use it, imagine all the tessellation,fluid animations, realistic clothing? Damn.....

Edited by The Ferryman, 20 May 2012 - 12:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!