• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

Can the wii u create graphic that are similar to that of a pc?

#2 Grooseland

Grooseland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

I think Gearbox said something like that...

http://thewiiu.com/t...ii-u-even-more/

#3 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

google it

#4 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

It can definitively create graphics superior to that of my pc.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

All consoles generate graphics similar to how PC's do.

It won't be as good looking as PC exclusive games though.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

it might be able to compete with PC graphics for a while but the PC exclusives and future PC games will be able to beat the graphics of the Wii u.

Edited by Caius, 24 May 2012 - 11:11 AM.

Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#7 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

Depends on the PC. Battlefield 3 for PC on max settings and 1080p with tesselation is a next gen game. If the U can do that, then it will be as good as a 2011 PC. But I think the U will have top of the line components from 2009 (similar to my PC, except for my new GPU)
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

If it could run that ^... It'd be gooood
No sig.

#9 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

Well I think it would depend on the PC because mine can't even run Pacman on max settings. That is some heavy stuff there seriously.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#10 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

If it could run that ^... It'd be gooood

Watch that video in 1080p. Keep in mind Youtube has a 30fps limit so you won't be able to detect the 60fps. That is maxed settings with tesselation. Just imagine if the Wii U could run that with only 2xAA and just tesselation and 30fps. I would be happy with those graphics for at least 5 years.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#11 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

truely, every console is kind of old components because its going to sell at $300-400,

unlike a pc which gets similar results at 600'ish$ because console games are optimized better than a computer (because your computer will downgrade with open applications, bad optimization for graphics, and os bottlenecks like the whole of windows crappy process schedulers and *exclusive* software components like consistently behind on optimization/features DirectX, har)

I generally like computer a bit better than consoles for my previous unsaid rant, its more free and you can find a lot of your games cheaper for your computers extra cost, but the next gen consoles won't be that bad, and you don't get exclusives or console innovation without the Wiiu.
:laugh:

#12 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

When it comes out, wiiu specific games with a focus on graphics will be superior to pc.

The CPU is already superior.
Add in the recent pc reference graphics card with custom features added in, the amount of RAM it has, and the fact that it's dedicated to running a game, and it's clear. Nintendo has a beast on its hands.

The battlefield game on OC is truly "meh."
Sure it looks great with the resolution, and optional effects, but its limited by the time and scope of the game project itself. The textures don't actually get more detailed (just more is revealed of what's already there), polygon counts, etc. Tesselation? That's basically texture patterns.... And if you're crafty, you can mix them to create some neat illusions.

But games made for wii u will have higher poly counts, crisper textures (at 1080p as well), and a smoother frame rate. The odd OC slowdown and hiccups wOnt be there either.

A year or so after wii u release, we will see the PC pick up again as history shows us it always does.

#13 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

Yes wii U can create similar graphics as a (high settings) pc... Not sure about the fps. But hopefully more than 30.. between 35-40-50 is good enough. We care to have a high settings game, with all this new effects and goodies, and the game must be smooth...

I personally dont care about the cap of 60 frames per second.. Is good to be there, but with my gtx480, if the game falls at 28-35 fps.. Its not noticeable in my gaming experience.. only in the numbers.
Maybe someone can notice this fps drop with high end tv and monitors at 100mhz.

Edited by Orion, 24 May 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#14 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

Its hard to say whether any console will have better graphics or on par with PC's, considering that they update constantly and that consoles will eventually not be able to keep up with the graphics a PC can handle on maximum.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#15 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

Watch that video in 1080p. Keep in mind Youtube has a 30fps limit so you won't be able to detect the 60fps. That is maxed settings with tesselation. Just imagine if the Wii U could run that with only 2xAA and just tesselation and 30fps. I would be happy with those graphics for at least 5 years.

But... I have a computer monitor from the year 2006 I believe. It doesn't support 1080p...

EDIT: watched it nevertheless. It looks awesome, yes, but I want a bigger change in graphics to next-gen that DOESN'T rely on screen resolution, because I don't have an 1080p tv (yet).

Edited by Keviin, 25 May 2012 - 06:49 AM.

No sig.

#16 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

All consoles generate graphics similar to how PC's do.

It won't be as good looking as PC exclusive games though.

PC on ultra 1080p
Posted Image

PS3 and XBOX 360 runs at worse than low and 720p instead of 1080p, so it's like a little bit worse than this
Posted Image

PC looks a lot better in my opinion. As I said before both of these pictures is pc and xbox and ps3 looks worse than that.

Edited by Hinkik, 25 May 2012 - 07:48 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#17 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

PC on ultra 1080p
Posted Image

PS3 and XBOX 360 runs at worse than low and 720p instead of 1080p, so it's like a little bit worse than this
Posted Image

PC looks a lot better in my opinion. As I said before both of these pictures is pc and xbox and ps3 looks worse than that.

Is it sad I can't tell the difference in these two pictures other than the first one has better shadowing (by alot),AA, and better dust effects and a bit better quality dirt texture on the guys wrist.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 25 May 2012 - 07:58 AM.

#18 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:21 AM

Is it sad I can't tell the difference in these two pictures other than the first one has better shadowing (by alot),AA, and better dust effects and a bit better quality dirt texture on the guys wrist.

textures, amount of detail (polygon count), light effects, ambient occlusion, see further in the distance (can be clearly at large maps), and so on.

28gxdv8.png

#19 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

textures, amount of detail (polygon count), light effects, ambient occlusion, see further in the distance (can be clearly at large maps), and so on.

It Might be best to compare online maps considering Lots of those things are not obvious in the storymode.But either way I feel comparing current gen titles (even if its on PC as well ) is rather useless I mean that like using Far Cry and Doom 3 PC footage to show Graphics we will have on the xbox 360 and ps3 which was in fact used but you see how that worked out.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 25 May 2012 - 09:20 AM.

#20 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

this is not 60 fps... I mean the video... The pc setup is 50% minus from my setup, I never tried bf3 at FULL FULL FULL though, because I dont want to hear the loud sound from my GPU (Gtx480 that is 20% better than 5870 in this video).. But I run it with 8x and 4x all other to ultra with 28-50 fps... dx11 at 1080p... so basically...

wii U will do better than that... or equal at bf3... The reason is, if nintendo use a radeon 6770 that is an average card in the PC... imagine the performance increased by 100-150% in the console...

Another myth that must die... We dont need to have 16aa and 8x settings... the way I setup my games, is more than enough... because the difference is not noticeable with monitors smaller than 60 inch I think... so 8 and 4 is more than enough for monitors up to 60 inch.. So if you setup ur game at 16 and 8 or 8-4 ... you are going to have the same visual experience.
I ve posted it in the past, I do it again.. this is my video with bf3.. look my settings and the graphics quality, especially at mission 2... change it to 1080p

Edited by Orion, 25 May 2012 - 09:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!