Photo

I don't believe the Star Fox/Metroid crossover is true.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 StarFoxWiiU1

StarFoxWiiU1

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

Ok so a little while ago in a Nintendo Power Magazine, Retro Studios said this, "While some suggest this new project is likely to be a return to the Metroid Franchise, we'd love to see another retro Nintendo hero get the stamp of excellence. After all, having rolled out of the barrels of Donkey Kong, perhaps it's time retro pulled off a barrel roll of a different kind."

This already confirms that Metroid Prime 4 is not the game they're working on. A lot of people ignored this and I just don't know how. The only thing they can be working on is a Star Fox game or a F-Zero game for the Wii U. I hope its Star Fox.

Source:http://baconafterdar...-fox-for-wii-u/

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

Hmm. I don't recall ever reading this!

Since this was a while ago, maybe they just changed their plans.

#3 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

POPULAR

Ok so a little while ago in a Nintendo Power Magazine, Retro Studios said this, "While some suggest this new project is likely to be a return to the Metroid Franchise, we'd love to see another retro Nintendo hero get the stamp of excellence. After all, having rolled out of the barrels of Donkey Kong, perhaps it's time retro pulled off a barrel roll of a different kind."

:/
That's not where that quote came from at all. First of all, it was from Official Nintendo Magazine. Second, it wasn't an interview with Retro Studios. ONM was doing an editorial on Retro Studios, and the guy who wrote the editorial ended it with that line. It's most likely just his/her wishful thinking that Retro is working on a Star Fox. I don't think Retro has said anything hinting at what there next project may be.
Posted Image

#4 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

That's not where that quote came from at all. First of all, it was from Official Nintendo Magazine. Second, it wasn't an interview with Retro Studios. ONM was doing an editorial on Retro Studios, and the guy who wrote the editorial ended it with that line. It's most likely just his/her wishful thinking that Retro is working on a Star Fox. I don't think Retro has said anything hinting at what there next project may be.

I guess that would make sense.
If this actually happened at some point, why are there still Retro's Next Game Speculation everywhere?

#5 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

The only thing said by Retro regarding their project is that they are working on something that everyone wants them to do.

Edited by Rainbow Dash, 27 May 2012 - 09:23 PM.

#6 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

Yeah, other then it's something everyone wants them to make, we have no clues. Maybe smash, since that'd be every character people want them to try, lol.

#7 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

Retro would not be the one working on Smash.

#8 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

Yeah, other then it's something everyone wants them to make, we have no clues. Maybe smash, since that'd be every character people want them to try, lol.

Wasn't Sakurai (Project Sora) confirmed to be working on SSB?
Or maybe Retro and Project Sora teamed up for SSB!

Though that is pretty unlikely...

Retro would not be the one working on Smash.

You beat me to it!

#9 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

Unless Retro is secretly developing the 3DS Zelda, their project is most likely to be Star Fox or F-Zero. These are the most requested titles for Retro to make.

EDIT: Why u shopping link SkimWords?

Edited by Rainbow Dash, 27 May 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#10 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

Unless Retro is secretly developing the 3DS Zelda, their project is most likely to be Star Fox or F-Zero. These are the most requested titles for Retro to make.

It'll probably be Star Fox.
I would bet on it.

#11 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

Everything points towards it being Star Fox. Although personally, i would rather have Treasure or Platinum Games develop a new Star Fox.

Edited by Rainbow Dash, 27 May 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#12 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

Yes indeed, everything seems to me pointing toward StarFox and that would be the only logical idea.
Let's hope since many of Nintendo fans are wanting a new StarFox game as I recall.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#13 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:41 AM

^This
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#14 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:16 AM

I agree with Andy on this one. It was an editorial that ended with some suggestive wishful thinking. If he actually knew what they were working on, and gave such a blunt hint, he would probably be fired and sued.

I personally think it's Metroid Prime 4. I wouldn't mind a new Starfox but it'd need to be so much more than any Starfox we've had before, and I'm curious to see how they could pull that off. In my opinion, while I love it, the Starfox franchise is quite shallow. I would love to see it expanded upon. At the same time though, I like F Zero more, and we are SO overdue for a new F Zero game.

Anyway. One week. We'll see.

Posted Image

#15 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:51 AM

I hope it's not true..
No sig.

#16 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

I believe Star Fox probably is the game and I cant wait till we see it. Its the perfect game to show off what the Wii U cab do. E3 cant come soon enough.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#17 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

It would be cool if the game would be a new Starfox OR a new Metroid, or both, but not a fusion..
No sig.

#18 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

You have to narrow down what Nintendo and Retro has said.

1.A game that everyone want's them to do.
2. According to Eric Kozlowsky a artist who has worked on games like Uncharted 3 and is now a Retro employee has said "It might just be one of my crowning achievements as an artist".
3. Miyamoto has said "As you know, we have already collaborated with Retro for the Metriod Prime series in the past. And I think when we talk about any other franchise, Zelda might be a possible franchise for the collaboration."

I am not saying that it is going to be a Zelda game, but you do have to think that it must be something big. Especially being that Retro is hiring very talented artist, Miyamoto is very interested with them doing a big game like Zelda, and it is something that we have been wanting them to do for a while.
Posted Image

#19 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

I don't actually think they're making a smash bros., but it is the only thing that would have something EVERYONE wants them to do.

#20 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

Retro has said our game "Is something that everyone wants." Thats all we know. I still bet its going to be Starfox and I cant wait for it.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 28 May 2012 - 12:00 PM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!