Photo

Will Nintendo show off next-gen graphics?

Wii U Hardware

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

And blow everyone away, including non-Ninty fans? And how will they?

It would be really smart of them to show a first party game using UE4. Or have a third party game by a dev that is experienced in HD gaming and graphics show off a tweaked Wii U version of a game, so people can see the difference between consoles.

(I tried to post this in E3 2012 but I had to enter a prefix? posting from my phone..)
No sig.

#2 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

I have faith that Nintendo's Wii U will be a taste of what the next generation has to offer in terms of visuals.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#3 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

I hope so.

But don't want to expect to much and b left disapointed

#4 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:04 AM

...Yes.

Posted Image

#5 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:19 AM

I really hope so.. It should be revolutionairy enough.
No sig.

#6 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:22 AM

Maybe. There still hasn't been any concrete evidence of what the Wii U is actually capable of. That said consoles never show their true potential at launch anyway as it takes time for developers even first party to get to grips with the final hardware. What is shown at E3 should be a fair bit better then PS3 and Xbox 360, how much better remains to be seen.

#7 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:47 AM

Yeah that's true (I really hope the 3DS will show some power soon..), but if they made a new Metroid or something with BETTER GRAPHICS THAN CRYSIS I will be amazed.
No sig.

#8 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:47 AM

Yeah that's true (I really hope the 3DS will show some power soon..), but if they made a new Metroid or something with BETTER GRAPHICS THAN CRYSIS I will be amazed.

Crysis isn't that spectacular anymore where as when it was released.

Some people have said the Zelda demo was appeently sub 720, that was with early dev equipment.

im not fussed about the games being actual HD, if they can squeeze more performance and then have it upscaled then its fine by me.

#9 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:01 AM

It will debut the same way the 360 and PS3 debuted. Ports will look the same as last gen, fanboys will accuse of being on-par because devs won't be used to the new tech yet. Nintendo's first party games will have glorious graphics. At launch, look to PIkmin 3 and maybe killer freaks (built form the ground up for Wii U) for next gen graphics.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#10 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:25 AM

Crysis isn't that spectacular anymore where as when it was released.

Some people have said the Zelda demo was appeently sub 720, that was with early dev equipment.

im not fussed about the games being actual HD, if they can squeeze more performance and then have it upscaled then its fine by me.

It wouldn't make sense to show a HD experience that isn't HD.. And true about Crysis, but can you name better looking console games?

It will debut the same way the 360 and PS3 debuted. Ports will look the same as last gen, fanboys will accuse of being on-par because devs won't be used to the new tech yet. Nintendo's first party games will have glorious graphics. At launch, look to PIkmin 3 and maybe killer freaks (built form the ground up for Wii U) for next gen graphics.

Very true most likely. First party games from Nintendo always look good, take a look at SMG. When playing it, I don't feel like the Wii needs more power.
No sig.

#11 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

I think they would have to show some of Unreal Engine 4.

#12 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:21 AM

It wouldn't make sense to show a HD experience that isn't HD.. And true about Crysis, but can you name better looking console games?

Most console games that aren't 720P often around 600P - 700P. Call of Duty runs at 600P, BF3 ran at 1280 X 704. There's handful of other games that don't run at 720P. Personally on a console I really don't notice this, though when I am playing on PC I do like it be full resolution. Most normal non PC gamers wouldn't even notice the difference.

What I was trying to say is that despite people saying that they want Wii U games to actually run at 1080p, I'd rather have them at sub HD (which is barely noticeable if you're sitting far away or use a 23" screen/monitor) and maximise frame rate/ graphics. I would rather have a Sub HD game and allow them to utlise more resources or to have a very stable and playable frame rate.

#13 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

I agree that first, second party games and exclusive third party games will look the best. Some Ports might look different on Wii U. Like Aliens from gear box.

And the answer is yes, they should show the best looking games at E3..
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#14 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:21 AM

Thinking about it tho, in fact they already showed next-gen graphics. The Zelda demo couldn't be done on any other console they said, therefore it is next-gen.
No sig.

#15 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:21 AM

Yes they are and the game is going to be called Pikmin 3.
Posted Image

#16 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

Like with the 360, it wasn't until the release of Gears of War that we saw a truly next gen looking game with Unreal 3 running on it. Then came Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, Bioshock, etc. these games came out in 2007, 360 came out in 2005. Going by that formula, it will take about 2 years for third party games to look next gen on the Wii U (or whenever PS4 and 720 come out)
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#17 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

I see that 'next-gen' really bothers you guys. I thought Nintendo fans care less about it lol.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#18 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

Well, no (though less as Sony/MS fans). Until the Wii they always had some impressive new tech... "Now you're playing with power. Super power." is a good example of what they once were all about.
No sig.

#19 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

well seeing as though the wii u will be a next-gen console, im sure it will have next-gen graphics.

#20 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

HD Pikmin>Everything
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U Hardware

0 user(s) are reading this topic