• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

Okay, really? You either think that specs we can read is the same as seeing trailers with amazing graphics, believe that Nintendo won't show any trailers, or that Nintendo won't have amazing graphics.

What ever you believe, I stand firm that Nintendo will show amazing trailers that demonstrates next generation graphics.

Agreed. I'm tired of hearing about spec-ulations and PS4/720 comparisons when no one has even really SEEN what Wii U is actually capable of graphically. I mean the Zelda HD Demo was a good indication of what we could see from many Wii U games but being that it was rushed and now almost a year old, I wouldn't be surprised if we see something significantly better, Unreal Engine 4 or not.

Check out my artworks thread here on the forums

Follow me on 120px-Deviantart_logo.png

#22 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

Agreed. I'm tired of hearing about spec-ulations and PS4/720 comparisons when no one has even really SEEN what Wii U is actually capable of graphically. I mean the Zelda HD Demo was a good indication of what we could see from many Wii U games but being that it was rushed and now almost a year old, I wouldn't be surprised if we see something significantly better, Unreal Engine 4 or not.

Exactly! Since all the rumors point to a more powerful console then Nintendo had last year, we can expect beautiful games. Hopefully there are surpise s though!
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#23 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

Have to wonder about this.

A fundamental design aspect of power7 is four threads per core.

So, in a four core config, that's 16 threads. Not 8.

It would cost MORE to redesign the CPU to be a two thread per core CPU.

The "source" here knows nothing of what they are talking about.

For reference, the xenon piwer5 Xbox CPU is 2 threads per core for a total of 6.

The best lies have truth in them. This one has truth but the lie portion is almost funny if it wasn't so obviously asinine.

does that mean more than 100% more powerful than xBox360?

The CPU itself is at nearly 300% more powerful.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 28 May 2012 - 10:13 PM.

#24 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

^ so that kinda debunks it..
No sig.

#25 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:51 AM

Okay, really? You either think that specs we can read is the same as seeing trailers with amazing graphics, believe that Nintendo won't show any trailers, or that Nintendo won't have amazing graphics.

What ever you believe, I stand firm that Nintendo will show amazing trailers that demonstrates next generation graphics.

Oh I completely agree. The trailers will be epic. Looking forward to the first look at Pikmin 3.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#26 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:06 AM

i didnt understand all the technicism but i think those are good news...

There's no technicism in it.
You don't know the buzzwords "thread" "core" etc. ?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#27 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

There's no technicism in it.
You don't know the buzzwords "thread" "core" etc. ?

The Wii U CPU, as we know from Nintendo, is made by IBM and is based on their POWER 7 architecture, and will be built on 45nm. The new details reveal that the Wii U CPU is modeled after the 710 Express IBM server processor, which as standard has 6 cores and runs at speeds of up to 3.7 GHz. The 710 Express chip can also execute 4 threads per core at the same.

In order to save on production costs, Nintendo has scaled down the processor for the console. The Wii U version of the CPU will scale down the cores to 4, the clock frequency to 3 GHz, and threads per core will go down from 4 to 2.

​
vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#28 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

so basically they cut the half threads... original is 4 cores 16 threads... I hope its NOT 2 core / 8 threads and if its 20x then its slower than xbox360... 50 gflops. Wii is 2.5 gflops, 360 is 56 gflops and ps3 is 33-44 gflops (Real performance)

Also if we consider 1 core per u pad.. 2 controllers... the its 2 cores and 4 threads for the main system, 1 thread for the menu... = 2 cores and 3 threads for the games. Now if nintendo adds lots of features, like weather balloons.. its less than that..

5 days left.. we will know then, whats true and whats not.

ps after edit... due to dyslexia I made a correction and I marked with bold letters.. lol

Edited by Orion, 31 May 2012 - 01:48 AM.

#29 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:51 AM

so basically they cut the half threads... original is 4 cores 16 threads... I hope its 2 core / 8 threads and if its 20x then its slower than xbox360... 50 gflops. Wii is 2.5 gflops, 360 is 56 gflops and ps3 is 33-44 gflops (Real performance)

Um... No.

The wii u CPU is quite the performer. Teusday can't come soon enough.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 31 May 2012 - 12:51 AM.

#30 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:50 AM

Either ways, if this leak is true, they reduce the power by 50%

#31 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:08 AM

We won't know until *insert launch date* because Nintendo won't talk about specs.

However, we will SEE how good the graphics are off course.
No sig.

#32 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:46 AM

we will know, many people will grab in their hands, many more accurate leaks will pop up... because NDA will end. Ofcourse if wii U supports UE4, I believe, is going to be stronger than what we expect already. Even I.

Edited by Orion, 31 May 2012 - 02:47 AM.

#33 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:50 AM

Yeah true about the NDA.
No sig.

#34 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:24 AM

u know that a sample of wii U final dev kit, is in the UK right now, and people can go an play? I live in eu and they made an announcement.. but no way to travel there just for the wii U. lol

Its cute, but not that fu#$ing cute.. :) Maybe if there is any brits around here and visited the event, to give us their opinion.

Edited by Orion, 31 May 2012 - 04:29 AM.

#35 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:01 AM

What are you talking about? Who can play Wii U? Ordinary Brits?
No sig.

#36 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:13 AM

yes ... hold on to find the announcement..

Ok brit boys and garls here is the news.. at Rook and Raven Gallery in London, at 12 of june... everybody will be able to play Wii U... For All gamers. It also says, that every demo that we are going to see at E3, is going to be playable as a demo, in London... thats good!!!

I saw the announcement yesterday, but due to the huge distance, I avoided to read the article.. lol I have to pay 400 euro for flights...

Edited by Orion, 31 May 2012 - 05:25 AM.

#37 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

yes ... hold on to find the announcement..

Ok brit boys and garls here is the news.. at Rook and Raven Gallery in London, at 12 of june... everybody will be able to play Wii U... For All gamers. It also says, that every demo that we are going to see at E3, is going to be playable as a demo, in London... thats good!!!

I saw the announcement yesterday, but due to the huge distance, I avoided to read the article.. lol I have to pay 400 euro for flights...

Gallery closed to public between 11th June and 15th June, possibly press only similar with the 3DS when they bought the demo units over to the millbank tower for a press invite only.

EDIT: Press only day is tuesday, the rest days are for the public, anyone know if you have to buy ticketS?
EDIT2: It's not open to the public, despite what VG247 reported.

Edited by Usman Mohammad, 31 May 2012 - 08:09 AM.

#38 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

Shiiit I want to go. I'm visiting England soon, but not during this awesome event.
No sig.

#39 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:08 AM

Shiiit I want to go. I'm visiting England soon, but not during this awesome event.

Gallery closed to public between 11th June and 15th June, possibly press only similar with the 3DS when they bought the demo units over to the millbank tower for a press invite only.

EDIT: Press only day is tuesday, the rest days are for the public, anyone know if you have to buy ticketS?

Got a reply from the Nintendo Rep, it's press only, not open to the public.

Hi Usman,

Thank you for your interest but I'm afraid that this particularly event is not open to the public. More details of where you will be able to get hands on time with the Wii U will be released over the coming months.

Kind regards,

Nintendo Press Office

At least I have 4 day Eurogamer Ticket, I'm pretty sure it'll be at eurogamer expo

#40 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:36 AM

^thanks for clarification.

I want them to do some sort of tour like with the 3DS. At least in my country, they went to several malls with a few 3DS stands for you to try them out, with employees asking questions/for you to ask questions and stuff like that.

Also, FREE 3DS PENS

So I hope they will do a similar thing with the Wii U, even though it is less likely (the 3DS was likely because you couldn't see the 3D effect any other way). I want free Wii U pens.
No sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!