• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

I'm just curious but how much more powerful is the Vita from the 3DS?.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

POPULAR

It doesn't matter.
One has games, the other doesn't.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

It doesn't matter.
One has games, the other doesn't.

bahahahaha

Hard to measure. Do you want to use FLOPS? Resolution? PPI?

The Vita can render more polygons, handle better lighting, AI and Physics (it is a quad core as compared to 3DS's dual core), 512MB of RAM instead of 3DS's 128MB. The Vita has a larger screen that plays at 544p
(qHD) while the 3DS can only manage 240p. But, the 3DS has a higher PPI (basically more clear because of more pixels per inch) and the 3D adds depth to games and also draws out power from the hardware.

If you want a BS multiplier I would say Vita is 3x that of the 3DS in specs.

It has twice as many CPU cores, and three times as much RAM.

It's not as noticable though because the 3DS supports shaders which can mask any bad looking character models. CAse and Point, look at RE: Revelations and compare it to Uncharted Golden Abyss. They don't look to far apart despite one more than twice the resolution as the other.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by 10k, 28 May 2012 - 04:52 PM.

Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#4 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

Thanks, just wondering, the 3DS and Vita are clealy not a DS and PSP gap which is really good.

#5 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

Thanks, just wondering, the 3DS and Vita are clealy not a DS and PSP gap which is really good.

I agree with you. People (fanboys) can say the Vita is way more powerful, but when you compare the graphics, there is really not much of a difference.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#6 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

I agree with you. People (fanboys) can say the Vita is way more powerful, but when you compare the graphics, there is really not much of a difference.

Exactly.

#7 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

I always thought this game was better at representing the Vita's initial graphic capability in comparison to Uncharted:

Mind you, Vita wins in media type roles such as multitasking, music and generally a host of other functions. I do prefer the near system as opposed to Streetpass because one is purely by chance, while the other can happen whenever you want...

... unless you live on a farm...

I also agree with Nollog. One has games, one doesn't.

Edited by Megadriven Coffee, 28 May 2012 - 07:26 PM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#8 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

Don't jump the gun yet. Vita just launched. Revelations had two years of development time. Wait until next year when you start getting the first party exlusives like God of War or Resistance before comparing graphics. It would be more fair if I compared Ocarina of Time 3D to Uncharted lol.

But my point was, although there is a huge power gap in the two handhelds, it's difficult to notice the differences. They are not as blatant as DS to PSP. Shaders can make anything look good.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#9 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:07 PM

Revelations looks amazing and stands up.really well, however it has darker and smaller areas..
No sig.

#10 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:33 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 09:05 PM.

#11 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

I agree with Aussie. Playing WipeOut on the Vita looks much nicer than Uncharted. The graphics look much more refined on WipeOut whilst Uncharted obvious edge corners.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#12 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:38 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 09:05 PM.

#13 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

I always thought this game was better at representing the Vita's initial graphic capability in comparison to Uncharted:

Mind you, Vita wins in media type roles such as multitasking, music and generally a host of other functions. I do prefer the near system as opposed to Streetpass because one is purely by chance, while the other can happen whenever you want...

... unless you live on a farm...

I also agree with Nollog. One has games, one doesn't.

That wasn't in-game though. The DS could do that, just with a very crappy resolution for nowadays.

I hate it that developers are so lazy. Up until now, only Revelations amazed me (and parts of Mercenaries, OOT, Mario Kart 7... most first party games). Capcom showed that a high level of graphical quality is possible on the 3DS. IMO they set a new standard. It's been out for a year now, devs should really work on better graphics. Rayman Origins looks awesome too the way, but look at Splinter Cell 3D... It's barely an upgrade from DS quality graphics, while the 3DS is more like a Gamecube/Wii+, so they could have easily achieved the exact console graphics. :/
No sig.

#14 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

That wasn't in-game though. The DS could do that, just with a very crappy resolution for nowadays.

I hate it that developers are so lazy. Up until now, only Revelations amazed me (and parts of Mercenaries, OOT, Mario Kart 7... most first party games). Capcom showed that a high level of graphical quality is possible on the 3DS. IMO they set a new standard. It's been out for a year now, devs should really work on better graphics. Rayman Origins looks awesome too the way, but look at Splinter Cell 3D... It's barely an upgrade from DS quality graphics, while the 3DS is more like a Gamecube/Wii+, so they could have easily achieved the exact console graphics. :/

E3 will be your friend. im sure nintendo has big plans for the 3ds as well as the wii u, dont lose hope yet.

#15 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

E3 will be your friend. im sure nintendo has big plans for the 3ds as well as the wii u, dont lose hope yet.

Main focus will be Wii U off course, but yeah I'm sure NINTENDO will show some great looking first-party games, but third party games won't look great (aside from maybe a new Conduit, RE etc.).

However, when thinking about it, only MK7 had 3DS worthy graphics. OOT looked brilliant in 3D, and good without it, but the 3DS could do waaaay more.
No sig.

#16 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

Main focus will be Wii U off course, but yeah I'm sure NINTENDO will show some great looking first-party games, but third party games won't look great (aside from maybe a new Conduit, RE etc.).

However, when thinking about it, only MK7 had 3DS worthy graphics. OOT looked brilliant in 3D, and good without it, but the 3DS could do waaaay more.

well we have to give it time, the system has only been out for a year.

truly no new console or handheld has provided a great graphical leap in the first year of its release by third party developers. their are very few games that manage to take advantage of the hardware presented to them so early ex. resident evil revelations.

#17 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

truly no new console or handheld has provided a great graphical leap in the first year of its release by third party developers. their are very few games that manage to take advantage of the hardware presented to them so early ex. resident evil revelations.

Masachika Kawata stated they weren't using the 3DS' Full Power, so we will see better looking games.

“We definitely are not using the full power of the 3DS or our engine at this point. The engine team, their initial orders were to get it working specifically for Mercenaries. If we’re talking about a different kind of title that has a different focus – maybe there needs to be more emphasis on graphics – we have every confidence we can implement that in the Framework and also on 3DS. You will see even better things coming out on the platform.”

Edited by Cerberuz, 29 May 2012 - 09:49 AM.

LordPickleton.png

#18 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:02 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 01:38 AM.

#19 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:20 AM

Things are already getting better. Look at the new Castlevania... Damn that carp looks good.

The thing is, the 3DS is not a handheld for the sake of being powerful. Nintendo are trying to enable developers by giving them 3D, Sony are trying to enable developers by giving them powerful hardware.
And that's ok, if we're going to compare the value of the two consoles we should consider their own strengths and weaknesses.

...Though as I've said before all of the 3DS's games would look a tonne better if Nintendo would just upgrade the screen resolution already.

I agree with the resolution. I mean it's like... 240p? My budget smartphone has something like 320 I believe.
No sig.

#20 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Okami, Metroid, Mega Man X

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:50 AM

Someone should post off-screen photos of 3DS and Vita games with a decent camera, then you can actually see how much better the Vita games look when being played.

Yep, and post a 3D pic to represent the 3DS, please ;)
Seriously, Vita games aren't the only games that look better in real life.

Masachika Kawata stated they weren't using the 3DS' Full Power, so we will see better looking games.

I doubt the Vita's full power is used, either.

Edited by Guest, 30 May 2012 - 07:52 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!