• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

whatever wii U supports UE4 or not... it can definitely run graphics such as Samaritan demo quality. Samaritan is UE3.9 thats fair enough... But I think wii U will support some features or a modified version of ue4 at the end... when all next gen platforms establish in the market

Edited by Orion, 29 May 2012 - 09:58 AM.

#22 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

whatever wii U supports UE4 or not... it can definitely run graphics such as Samaritan demo quality. Samaritan is UE3.9 thats fair enough... But I think wii U will support some features or a modified version of ue4 at the end... when all next gen platforms establish in the market

The Samaritan demo requieres three gtx 580s... I know about optimization but I don't think it will work anyway :(

28gxdv8.png

#23 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

And your surprised. the wii u is a joke. it disgusts me how a multi billion dollar company can make such piece of sh** excuse for a console , performance wise anyway. fu** that.

Pikmin 3 HD> The Whole Gaming Industry
Posted Image

#24 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

Pikmin 3 HD> The Whole Gaming Industry

No.

Also like I've always said - it's TOO DAMN EARLY to judge Wii U. We DON'T KNOW what it will be capable of, what it will offer to us. We may find this out the following week at E3. Stay positive.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#25 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

The Samaritan demo requieres three gtx 580s... I know about optimization but I don't think it will work anyway :(

that was from a while ago they said they optimized it alot and that in 1-2 years it will run on the phone or something like that so pretty much the wiiu will run Samaritan at least.

#26 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

2Stewox
Why did you even mention Doom 4 ?

It might get on WiiU ... I am following ID Software very closely along with Rage (waiting for the horsing editor and mod tools)

Carmack has his personal wish to get something done on nintendo but he wasn't sure on the Wii since it was a business decision not to experiment there so he made an commercialized experiment on the iPhone, Rage Mobile, which wasn't running on IDTech5 on there at all it was just some of the tools and map stuff carried over, the point was, it was a 60FPS and the best looking app and game on the iPhone ... it was more of a tech demo that got made into a game with 3 levels, there was also an update recently, for anyone that wants to try it watch out there's the HD version you should try it has double pixels on both texture dimensions , it's 600 megabytes.

FPS makes sense on WiiU .... remember the Zapper

I'm active on the community there at bethesda forums and I sent a lot of valuable feedback to CMs as well as got info back so i know what's going on.

They're currently experimenting and evaluating, recently this year somewhere around past GDC i think they had a company meeting about it, i think they have the tech running on it already or in progress, certainly they have the latest dev-kits, this a standard practise, they are not announcing anything, but they're actively looking on what to do, maybe a Rage port or some of the older replayable games for starters or roll out with Doom4 which will take at least a year or 2 as Doom4 marketing campaign didn't even start , all options are open, they haven't ruled out anything they say.
Posted Image

#27 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

Let's let. Epic clear this up.

http://m.computerand...wii-u-strategy/

Ok now we have clarity. Now people E3 is 6 days away all will be revealed. If the Wii U specs are low we just have to deal with it. There's no changing it now. I buying a Wii U regardless of the rumors I just need E3 to show me what games will be available for me to snatch up at launch. I was sold on the Wii U since last E3. Either folks are going to buy it or not. Expect more negative rumors to float before E3 and after. Theses rumors are the only way that Sony/Microsoft fanboys and maybe even the companies themselves have at stopping the Wii U's momentum. Once E3 comes and Nintendo Unveils this new console all will be revealed. If you think that Nintendo's tight lips got you nervous just imagine how Sony/Microsoft feel. Nothing to copy off of because they don't have any info on the Wii U themselves. The only way to stop Nintendo is to shoot their plane down before it takes off. It's to late now. Any info on Wii U from this point until E3 should not be taking with a grain of salt but taking with a grain bag and tossed out the cart. There is no need for folks like Nollog,Tron, and Stewox to start educating us on CPU's, GPU's and other tech info because in 6 days real experts will introduce and explain this hardware at E3. Please just stop speculating and just wait a few days. Either your mind is made up that your going to buy a Wii U or your just waiting on more info at E3 to confirm your decision on whether or not to buy one. We've speculated and analyzed rumors for a long time and in six days we won't have to anymore. Only E3 can set our minds free now.

That was truly the best comment! In the words of Jerry Lambert's character, "Don't believe what you read on the internet." That quote seems crystal clear to me. I have the utmost confidence that Nintendo has all the investment in creating a brand new console not only to bring hardcore gamers back, but also adding exclusive stuff under the hood... including bigger RAM, better CPU and GPU processors, NFC technology, and better online interface than their original counterpart. The Zelda and bird demo (developed by Epic Games) are two living proof that the U is more powerful than Sony and Microsoft's current platforms. The Nintendo Wii U is the next gen and future proof console.

In just 7 days, Nintendo will once again dominate E3... and the millions of Nintendo supporters and gamers alike will all look forward to the Wii U. I don't care if the Wii U games will be powered by Unreal Engine 4 or 3, I'm still gonna buy the system including first and third party titles. You can take that to the bank!

Edited by uPadWatcher2, 29 May 2012 - 12:20 PM.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#28 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

depends if wii U is 1 tflop or more than that.. or less.... If its equal or more than 1 tflop, it can run it flawless.. 1 tflop in a console is more like 2.5- 2.7 in a pc.

3x gtx580s with lots of lag x16 x8 x8 pcie slots, drivers, modification in drivers, etc... Consoles are just hardware...

Edited by Orion, 29 May 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#29 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

No.

Also like I've always said - it's TOO DAMN EARLY to judge Wii U. We DON'T KNOW what it will be capable of, what it will offer to us. We may find this out the following week at E3. Stay positive.

For me it is, for you it isn't

: D

Edited by Reaper Pin, 29 May 2012 - 11:57 AM.

Posted Image

#30 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

depends if wii U is 1 tflop or more than that.. or less.... If its equal or more than 1 tflop, it can run it flawless.. 1 tflop in a console is more like 2.5- 2.7 in a pc.

3x gtx580s with lots of lag x16 x8 x8 pcie slots, drivers, modification in drivers, etc... Consoles are just hardware...

tflop isn't everything. If it was like so, then you would not have to test graphics cards, just look at the tflops rate to see the strongest one.

It's a lot of other stuff that makes a graphics card good or bad.

28gxdv8.png

#31 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

GDC was quite some time ago. After GDC Nintendo was trying to get UE4 on Wii U. Thats why it took longer then planed to get the final Dev kit (V5) finished.
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#32 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

And your surprised. the wii u is a joke. it disgusts me how a multi billion dollar company can make such piece of sh** excuse for a console , performance wise anyway. fu** that.

Are you serious? When multiple devs said it is powerful and also you haven't even had your hands on the system itself.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#33 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

tflop isn't everything. If it was like so, then you would not have to test graphics cards, just look at the tflops rate to see the strongest one.

It's a lot of other stuff that makes a graphics card good or bad.

I think weve said that already, I am expecting wii U with 16 rops and up to 640-800 spu's thats extreme for a console though.. but If nintendo wants UE4, it is possible. 640 spu's are about 1.2-1.3 tflop power. Also I hope for more than 1 gig ram, it is leaked that wii U will have 2 gigs of ram shared.. thats amazing good to..

Edited by Orion, 29 May 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#34 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

Are you serious? When multiple devs said it is powerful and also you haven't even had your hands on the system itself.

Is nintendo fan 787 is a spy or troll?

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#35 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

Sounds like a troll to me who is trying to justify his reasoning by claiming he is a Nintendo fan since the 90s.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#36 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

His posts seem to contradict his name

Posted Image

#37 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

BOTH.
CHAN-CHAN-CHAAAANNNN
Posted Image

#38 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

It might get on WiiU ... I am following ID Software very closely along with Rage (waiting for the horsing editor and mod tools)

Carmack has his personal wish to get something done on nintendo but he wasn't sure on the Wii since it was a business decision not to experiment there so he made an commercialized experiment on the iPhone, Rage Mobile, which wasn't running on IDTech5 on there at all it was just some of the tools and map stuff carried over, the point was, it was a 60FPS and the best looking app and game on the iPhone ... it was more of a tech demo that got made into a game with 3 levels, there was also an update recently, for anyone that wants to try it watch out there's the HD version you should try it has double pixels on both texture dimensions , it's 600 megabytes.

FPS makes sense on WiiU .... remember the Zapper

I'm active on the community there at bethesda forums and I sent a lot of valuable feedback to CMs as well as got info back so i know what's going on.

They're currently experimenting and evaluating, recently this year somewhere around past GDC i think they had a company meeting about it, i think they have the tech running on it already or in progress, certainly they have the latest dev-kits, this a standard practise, they are not announcing anything, but they're actively looking on what to do, maybe a Rage port or some of the older replayable games for starters or roll out with Doom4 which will take at least a year or 2 as Doom4 marketing campaign didn't even start , all options are open, they haven't ruled out anything they say.

That makes sense. I agree, it might get on Wii U since it's powered by the same engine as Rage. There's no doubt that the Wii U will be at list slightly more powerful than current gen, so I assume it will run both Rage and Doom 4 just fine.
I'm also excited about Doom 4. I've always been a huge fan of ID Software. They know how to make groundbreaking stuff.

May we expect to catch a glimpse of Doom 4 during E3 ?

Edited by Gnomishek, 29 May 2012 - 12:49 PM.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#39 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

Let's not forget the multiple powermac G5 top of the line computers linked together to show tech demos for Xbox 360 launch...

Optimization cannot be overestimated.

Quickly thrown together code and even graphics assets can be bloated so many times over, that it can be a mess in a hurry.

The wii u can easily handle the Samaritan demo graphics. Rest easy.

#40 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

^ and you know that how...?
No sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users