Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Stuff and Battlefield/Cod

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:02 AM

Source

At least it's better than only one :)

I rely hope that the 2nd controller allows streaming too.

Edited by SpecialHam, 14 June 2011 - 09:14 AM.

#2 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:15 AM

That was a little confusing. if Pachter is correct then this is good news.

#3 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:22 AM

Source

At least it's better than only one :)

I rely hope that the 2nd controller allows streaming too.

You beat me to posting the thread... definately good news. I believe this still means that we will have no retail controllers for sale, but "a friend can bring one over", as Miyamoto stated before.

#4 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:34 AM

You beat me to posting the thread... definately good news. I believe this still means that we will have no retail controllers for sale, but "a friend can bring one over", as Miyamoto stated before.

In the beginning yes but later on when supply is not greater than demand they will be sold separately.

#5 MaskMidget

MaskMidget

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros., FUNimation

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:48 AM

I must say, that would be kinda unique.
Posted Image

This signature contains one word: LOL

#6 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:32 AM

Very glad to hear this, was the only thing keeping me from getting one at this stage. I have no doubt they will have controllers on sale separately as well. It would be very annoying otherwise replacing a broken controller, or if one of your controllers batteries dies mid-game.

#7 KillerFreak

KillerFreak

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:47 AM

That's pretty rad. Atleast people wont have to fight over who gets the good contoller in smash:D

#8 SpecialHam

SpecialHam

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Stuff and Battlefield/Cod

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:51 AM

That's pretty rad. Atleast people wont have to fight over who gets the good contoller in smash:D

In Smash? Why that particular game?

#9 Droenix

Droenix

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:03 PM

^Because people would want to play with that controller instead of a Wii controller or Wiimote + Nunchuk.

I don't know how reliable this source can be, as it's not completely from the words of a Nintendo representative, as we can only trust what the analyst said to be true. Although, further reading the article, I think developers will possibly develop games using multiple Wii U controllers. It's WAY too early to be deciding or saying anything at the moment though.
Posted Image

#10 Guest_Baroque_*

Guest_Baroque_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:10 PM

:D Woot. I knew Ninty would never let me down like that. Day 1 for Wii U now.

#11 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:30 PM

This is awesome news if it is correct! That would mean if you were doing multiplayer, both players could play on their own screen! That would be awesome! It's almost like they are turning it into a handheld........ Don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing......
Posted Image

#12 seakingz ★

seakingz ★

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Fandom:
    The legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:31 PM

Meh. I don't really care, I will mostly play alone or online. For offline multiplayer, I swear the Classic Controller Pro will do the job just fine.

Posted Image

#13 rob_shadows

rob_shadows

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:07 PM

Actually reading the article I'd take it with a grain of salt personally, it specifically mentions the confusion. Reggie supposedly says yes while Miyamoto and Iwata have both gone on record as saying no.

#14 Play4Fun

Play4Fun

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Fandom:
    legend of Zelda

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:28 PM

Actually reading the article I'd take it with a grain of salt personally, it specifically mentions the confusion. Reggie supposedly says yes while Miyamoto and Iwata have both gone on record as saying no.

Iwata/Miyamoto (can't remember which) didn't say no.

They said they are working on 'programming methods' for more than one controller.
You know what guys?
It's amazing how the the human mind does not process the the fact I used the word "the" twice in a row in this sentence.

#15 rob_shadows

rob_shadows

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:19 PM

They essentially said they don't know if it's possible, which means for right now...the answer is no. That may change in the future but as it stands the answer is no until they say otherwise.

#16 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

Yeah, let's not get our hopes up. It's tempting to jump on the idea that you could stream to two controllers at once (as that's how we all imagined/hoped it would be), but until I've heard it from Nintendo, I'll wait to be "undisappointed" in the 1 controller only news.

#17 Limelight788

Limelight788

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo, Gran Turismo

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:14 PM

For once, I'm really hoping Patcher is right here. Unfortunately, he is as reliable as his Nintendo predictions, so I'm not going to believe him yet.

The Official Mega Man for SSB4 Thread

megaman-2.gif

Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Click on the link in the text and show your support!

#18 Tony Bradshaw

Tony Bradshaw

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:34 PM

Me too, hope Patcher is right, literally blew a sigh of release when I read that article. lol.

Posted Image
For all the latest Wii U News: http://wiiuupdates.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!