AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

Just read an interview from ign. This interested me IGN: Okay, cool. I think, looking back at the core gamers once again, they have an Xbox 360 or a PS3. And then all indications are that Microsoft and Sony are about to bring their next consoles in within the next year or two. What are your thoughts about how Wii U will compete? Not only with the existing platforms, but the ones that are just around the corner?
Fils-Aime: We're about to launch a tremendously powerful system. A system that pushes out great graphics, a system that has an opportunity to do a lot of things. What I've heard the fan community say is, I want my Mario, I want my Zelda, and I want the best of third-party. And that's what we're looking to bring to consumers.

It sounds like reggie sounds like the wii U will be a competitor power wise for the next gen. Which is good to hear

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#2 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

Indeed, its really interesting!
Posted Image

#3 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

I'm happy that it seems like the wii U will be able to keep up with the ps4 and 720. It should also get the multi plat games those systems get too.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#4 Mitchjg216

Mitchjg216

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

Read this article from Wii U Daily. Man, I really hope these launch titles will be 1080p by the time they come out.

Edited by Mitchjg216, 06 June 2012 - 01:11 PM.

#5 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

Read this article from Wii U Daily. Man, I really hope these launch titles will be 1080p by the time they come out.

Well at least the games will be running at 60 fps. And I expect that later on in it's life games will be true 1080p

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

Reggie is slightly more credible than a Nintendo Rep.
Still, Reggie knows nothing, he's only given details he needs to run NoA.

Also, what he said is spin.
Also, the leaked target specs of the Wii U are good.

Who knows. If it goes the way of the Wii, we still get great Nintendo games
If it can keep up, we get some good third party games too.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

Well at least the games will be running at 60 fps. And I expect that later on in it's life games will be true 1080p

It really doesn't matter, if you're not going to be in front of your TV/monitor then it really doesn't matter.

The only time resolution matters to me is when im playing on the PC, on consoles it really doesn't matter.

I'm happy with 720p and more detail and 60fps, over 1080p and not having the same level of detail. I'm pretty sure NSMBU and NintendoLand run at 60fps, they're not that graphically intensive and the second screen is just a projection not an extension in NSMBU

Elaborate on spin.

Edited by Usman Mohammad, 06 June 2012 - 01:55 PM.

#8 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

Were those specs the one which said the processor had no l3 cache because I find that hard to believe or are you talking about a different leak. If you are could you please link me to it?

Edited by AdmiralClassy, 06 June 2012 - 02:09 PM.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#9 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

If it is powerful then why show graphically weak games at E3. Ugh.
No sig.

#10 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

If it is powerful then why show graphically weak games at E3. Ugh.

Those games were in development and the third party are still getting used to the tech.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#11 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

That was a fantastic interview, and I actually missed that part of it.... Good to know! Hopefully they're judging the power by all standards, not just Nintendo's.

#12 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

seems ok, im still sticking to a 2x power boost from ps3 norms, but thats certainly not shabby, it most likely is more powerful as the optimizations get better
:laugh:

#13 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

Guys, remember Reggie is a marketing major. He can talk out of his ass to hype ppl up. He said the Zelda tech demo was 1080p (it was 720p), he said E3 was about the games and he gave us a casual fest, and he said at E3 08 that animoa crossing was good enough for the hardcore lol. Reggie doesn't know specs.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#14 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

Guys, remember Reggie is a marketing major. He can talk out of his ass to hype ppl up. He said the Zelda tech demo was 1080p (it was 720p), he said E3 was about the games and he gave us a casual fest, and he said at E3 08 that animoa crossing was good enough for the hardcore lol. Reggie doesn't know specs.

Well I don't know I feel he may be telling the truth and the wii U will be a powerful system.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#15 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

Is 60fps really a big deal? I don't really get why 60fps would be better than a higher resolution...
Posted Image

#16 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

Is 60fps really a big deal? I don't really get why 60fps would be better than a higher resolution...

TVs run at 60 HZ, you will not be putting the TV display to its full use. Also once your in more intesive situations the FPS could drop but as long as it's above 30 it's playable.

Here's the thing, you won't realise it. Most people don't even know the PS360 don't run at 720P. Why waste those resources on more pixels that most people won't care about when you can either and more detail or increase the frame rate.

Running at a high frame rate makes sure it's smooth.

#17 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

TVs run at 60 HZ, you will not be putting the TV display to its full use. Also once your in more intesive situations the FPS could drop but as long as it's above 30 it's playable.

Here's the thing, you won't realise it. Most people don't even know the PS360 don't run at 720P. Why waste those resources on more pixels that most people won't care about when you can either and more detail or increase the frame rate.

Running at a high frame rate makes sure it's smooth.

The thing is, I'm seeing it reversed. Ignoring the truth that a higher base framerate lets it drop and still be playable, but isn't that because 60fps is basically unable to be detected? Sure yeah TVs can run that FPS but can people tell the difference between 30 and 60 when humans biologically see 30FPS?
I'm seeing it as dropping something that can actually be seen, the resolution, for a trade off which you can't see.

I also don't see how the FPS "adds more detail". If anything more pixels does that?

Edited by Ixchel, 06 June 2012 - 03:29 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

Were those specs the one which said the processor had no l3 cache because I find that hard to believe or are you talking about a different leak. If you are could you please link me to it?

It's Power based, not Power 7 based.
Also, cache would be the easiest thing to customise about a CPU.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

The thing is, I'm seeing it reversed. Ignoring the truth that a higher base framerate lets it drop and still be playable, but isn't that because 60fps is basically unable to be detected? Sure yeah TVs can run that FPS but can people tell the difference between 30 and 60 when humans biologically see 30FPS?
I'm seeing it as dropping something that can actually be seen, the resolution, for a trade off which you can't see.

I also don't see how the FPS "adds more detail". If anything more pixels does that?

More fps makes it easier on the eye also the "you can't see more detail than 30 fps" is a myth . I can tell the difference between 30 to 40 to 50 to 60 to 70 after that I can't tell to much until I get to 120 fps and compare it to 70 .

A quote from I believe Thomas Jefferson was that anything lower than 45 fps will cause stress to the eye.

Note : some games are easier to tell the difference than others .

Jet pilots can tell the difference between fps even when it gets to around I think 900.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 06 June 2012 - 03:48 PM.

#20 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

It's Power based, not Power 7 based.
Also, cache would be the easiest thing to customise about a CPU.

You sure it's not power 7 based? I thought it was confirmed to be

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!