Photo

If Valve is making the Steambox would you jump ship from your gaming company?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: If Valve is making the Steambox would you jump ship from your gaming company? (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you leave Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft for Valve?

1. Yes (1 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

2. No (16 votes [61.54%])

Percentage of vote: 61.54%

3. I'll buy more then one console next gen (3 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

4. Already game on my PC (6 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

So If Valve was making the Steambox would you leave Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft for them or would you stay with your favorite gaming company?.

I could never leave Nintendo and would be ok to leave Sony if the Steambox was amazing (even though I would miss PlayStation) but I would be willing to become a Steambox fan, what about you?.

Edited by Meelow100, 09 June 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#2 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

Definitely not. Valve is great and all, but when I actually think about it, I'd rather they stay on the PC.

Now, if Sega came back into the business on the other hand... THEN I might need to rethink my allegiances.. ;)

Edited by Deadly Virus, 09 June 2012 - 05:54 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

Gabe Newell himself says my answer...

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#4 zzuxon

zzuxon

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • NNID:zzuxon
  • Fandom:
    Mario LoZ Kirby SSB Pikmin

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

Heh heh, no.
I one time had a really awesome dream where Nintendo merged with Valve. I just thought I'd throw that out, as it's somewhat relevant.

Edited by zzuxon, 09 June 2012 - 06:17 PM.

#5 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

I would never buy a netbox in general, I would quit gaming totally if everything turns only by internet. They have in general offer GLOBALLY the internet connection free without frees and without the need of landline.

#6 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'd kinda prefer they stay on PC. I don't really have a gaming PC atm (it used to be when I first got it haha) But the answer to the question is... I never jump ship from companies. Only sorta did it to Sony when they released a 600 dollar console. :/ Just took me years to buy it haha.
If they really do make it, will they still release their games on PC? I never looked into this...
Posted Image

#7 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

I'd kinda prefer they stay on PC. I don't really have a gaming PC atm (it used to be when I first got it haha) But the answer to the question is... I never jump ship from companies. Only sorta did it to Sony when they released a 600 dollar console. :/ Just took me years to buy it haha.
If they really do make it, will they still release their games on PC? I never looked into this...

I doubt it.

#8 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

...No...

#9 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

I doubt it.

Yeah I don't think so either. It's hard to think of them as having their own console. I may get it if it's worth it, but my main appeal about Valve games has been that I can just buy the game and no special hardware is needed besides a videocard, which is way cheaper than a console...
Posted Image

#10 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

Valve has a Steambox. It's called the PC. :mellow:

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#11 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:55 AM

If it's good, AND IT HAS TO BE EXTREMLY GOOD, then I might consider getting one but I will never leave Nintendo. My Wii, along with alll my other Nintendo consoles, will come with me in my grave. :)

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#12 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:33 AM

I would never buy a netbox in general, I would quit gaming totally if everything turns only by internet. They have in general offer GLOBALLY the internet connection free without frees and without the need of landline.

well steam has a offline mode so I will assume that if they did make a console it would be possible to play offline .

#13 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:14 AM

steams offline mode is for laughing... U have to pay internet connection to install the game and steam, and when the game is installed via internet, then u can turn it offline.. HAHAHAHAHAHA
So tell me, is it really offline mode?

Edited by Orion, 10 June 2012 - 05:15 AM.

#14 Barneykiller008

Barneykiller008

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:47 AM

Id buy it because I buy everything LOL

#15 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

steams offline mode is for laughing... U have to pay internet connection to install the game and steam, and when the game is installed via internet, then u can turn it offline.. HAHAHAHAHAHA
So tell me, is it really offline mode?

Well its a digital distribution application what do you expect and yes I consider it a offline mode you can play the game when you have no internet.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 10 June 2012 - 12:37 PM.

#16 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

but u cant install it if u dont have internet.. :P so basically, u cant play it.

Edited by Orion, 10 June 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#17 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

but u cant install it if u dont have internet.. :P so basically, u cant play it.

No. Playing it offline and installing it offline are two completely different things. :facepalm:

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#18 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

If you don't have internet you wouldn't have steam on your computer (if that what your talking about in which would have been a stupid comeback) in the first place and once its downloaded on steam and runned once to get the other small things needed like direct ex check and stuff(which isn't always needed ) . its installed and you can play it offline. I thought you was a pc whiz and would know this stuff already.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 10 June 2012 - 06:58 PM.

#19 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:42 AM

I have internet, but yet, I dont install steam or origin in my computer... What can I say... " I don't agree with their methods or policies" hahahahahaha Thats why I want a next gen console to play with my cousins etc... games online... WHEN and IF i want to... But yet, I am very skeptical till to date from what I ve seen.

Edited by Orion, 11 June 2012 - 04:43 AM.

#20 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:35 AM

I'm not overly interested in it. I'd buy a PS3 before I buy that. Not to say I don't like valve. As a matter of fact, I'm a pretty active PC gamer, which is probably the main reason I wouldn't buy their console. Nintendo will always be the console I buy, due to their exclusives. Thanks to the U. I may not have to buy as many 3rd parties on PC this gen :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!