13 replies to this topic

#1 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

http://mynintendonew...-loss/#comments

Don't know if thats good or bad but seem like Nintendo won't be losing money with the Wii U, which means 2 things. It may be priced reasonable but means that it will be underpowered compared to the Sony and Microsofts overpriced next gen consoles OR it will be an overpriced next gen consoles. What do you think?

1367065580450s.jpg

#2 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:53 AM

Remember, 'we will not sell at a loss' is not the same thing as 'we will sell it just high enough to break even'.

Either way, it's just a matter of playing the waiting game.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#3 Barneykiller008

Barneykiller008

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:56 AM

How much does it cost to make a wii u?? I hope the price is atleast 250-300 but I doubt it since the 3ds was 250 at launch -_-

#4 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:06 AM

does no one consider the possibility that sony and microsoft's next console's will be really weak? i still haven't seen one person that doesn't think microsoft and sony's next consoles will be powerhouses. i dont understand where this assumption is coming from? sony is failing and havent made profit since the last time they made a weak console. microsoft is casual obsessed these days. not saying they're going to be weak but it's more likely they will be weak than powerful.

as for nintendo, i hope they price it where they make no profit, no loss, i think that would be the best price, and later down the line production costs will fall and they will make profit, that way they will still make profit day one off software sales :)
Posted Image

#5 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:09 AM

does no one consider the possibility that sony and microsoft's next console's will be really weak? i still haven't seen one person that doesn't think microsoft and sony's next consoles will be powerhouses. i dont understand where this assumption is coming from? sony is failing and havent made profit since the last time they made a weak console. microsoft is casual obsessed these days. not saying they're going to be weak but it's more likely they will be weak than powerful.

as for nintendo, i hope they price it where they make no profit, no loss, i think that would be the best price, and later down the line production costs will fall and they will make profit, that way they will still make profit day one off software sales :)

Agreed. Sony can't really afford to lose like $200 on every PS4. Also despite this, I still predict that Wii U will launch at $299.99

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

They just need to hit the right price, whether they take a loss of not doesn't matter to me personally.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

Jack Tretton recently said that "We don't care about being the cheapest, or being first on the market. We want our products to be the best" also since Microsoft has an unlimited bank account and they always strive to be the best (contract preventing 3rd party games from being on the 360 unless its the best version) so its pretty safe to say that microsoft wont hold back but sony did lose 6.4 billion dollars. This will be interesting to see.

1367065580450s.jpg

#8 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:48 AM

Jack Tretton recently said that "We don't care about being the cheapest, or being first on the market. We want our products to be the best" also since Microsoft has an unlimited bank account and they always strive to be the best (contract preventing 3rd party games from being on the 360 unless its the best version) so its pretty safe to say that microsoft wont hold back but sony did lose 6.4 billion dollars. This will be interesting to see.

Contrary to popular belief Microsoft does not have an Unlimited Bank Account.

LordPickleton.png

#9 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:51 AM

1) microsoft is very greedy, they may take the wii route and try make billions like that, they're in it solely for money not gaming, (that's why i dont like them) so its very possible they will go weak despite their bank account.

2) jack tretton is full of crap, these guys always say this stuff but in the end he's not the head of sony, just the gaming division so he can't really call the shots, im suprised he hasnt been fired yet. i'm sure his superiors won't let him make a power house
Posted Image

#10 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:55 AM

I hope it is a reasonable price...

#11 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

Yes I know that. I say that cause they have A large quantity of it. More then the US government.

1367065580450s.jpg

#12 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

I actually was asking to myself the same question, especially that Microsoft and Sony don't have as much money as Nintendo, especially Sony...

Hey Microsoft has money from their other divisions, but don't you think that if the gaming division fails a lot, the company would continue making consoles? Yes, Microsoft could live 10 years while losing 1 billion of dollars per year, but would they keep making consoles if they lose money?

http://mynintendonew...-loss/#comments

Don't know if thats good or bad but seem like Nintendo won't be losing money with the Wii U, which means 2 things. It may be priced reasonable but means that it will be underpowered compared to the Sony and Microsofts overpriced next gen consoles OR it will be an overpriced next gen consoles. What do you think?

Your reasoning is wrong here. Nintendo has always had the cheapest consoles even though they were as powerful (the N64/GameCube). Nintendo is also the oldest gaming company. They have A LOT more money than the other big ones (Sony's and Microsoft's gaming divisions). Nintendo doesn't have to worry about money so they can set a lower price and gain $75 per consoles. The other two need to set the price higher if they want to earn money. So, for an equal quality, expect next gen XBOX and PS to cost more.
Posted Image

#13 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

I think that's a big possibility. Microsoft will probably focus on Kinect 2.0 for their console. However, Sony's too focused on being powerful recently, and I don't see them changing that. It's kind of their reputation to have the prettiest console.

#14 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

I think that's a big possibility. Microsoft will probably focus on Kinect 2.0 for their console. However, Sony's too focused on being powerful recently, and I don't see them changing that. It's kind of their reputation to have the prettiest console.

i don't think any of that matters after 6 billion dollar loss, its absolutely ridiculous, if they keep it up then say goodbye to the entire company because their other divisions are losing as well
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!