• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 darkknight41

darkknight41

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:52 AM

It was rumored that the Wii U would feature 8 GB of internal storage, but Satoru Iwata clarified that Nintendo did not reveal specifics regarding Wii U’s hard drive. Iwata reconfirmed that Wii U users can purchase a hard drive – of their choice – and attach it to the Wii U’s USB port. Although the Wii U may not have built-in storage, Nintendo may provide an SD card with each console – like they do with the Nintendo 3DS.

“We haven’t said anything about a hard drive that we’ll be including with the system itself. But we have said, through the USB connection, consumers will be able to take advantage of a wide range of the hard drives that are available on the market, and for quite cheap now, to add memory to their system however they like.”

http://mynintendonew...ilt-in-storage/

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

Stop, we have enough people who re-post "news" as new topics every five seconds here. <3

There will be storage, just don't expect a hard drive.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

He was talking about a Hard drive, Flash storage isn't a hard drive. Plus why would he talk about adding memory if it wasn't already there.

Shoddy journalists who can't seem to read. Or know the difference between a Hard Drive and Flash Memory.

Edited by InsaneLaw, 13 June 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#4 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

Stop, we have enough people who re-post "news" as new topics every five seconds here. <3

There will be storage, just don't expect a hard drive.

Exactly. 3DS has 2GB, so Wii U will at least have... 8GB? Seems legit? 4-8 I'd suppose. I'd happily buy an SD card or something.
No sig.

#5 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

They already confirmed on they're E3 site that it has internal 8GB flash memory. However, external memory is there, with up to 4 USB's and one SD card.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

They already confirmed on they're E3 site that it has internal 8GB flash memory. However, external memory is there, with up to 4 USB's and one SD card.

Storage

Wii U uses an internal flash memory. It also supports SD memory cards and external USB storage.

I see nothing about 8GB.

Edited by Nollog, 13 June 2012 - 12:48 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 BeyondSmash

BeyondSmash

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

I will buy an external harddrive with a lot of space. srs/
Probably 32 GB if needed or more?
USB Drive, cuz I will be doing stuff with an SD Card.
>.>
<.<

#8 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

Storage

Wii U uses an internal flash memory. It also supports SD memory cards and external USB storage.

I see nothing about 8GB.

I honestly don't see where people were getting 8GB of storage from, I mean, it might be for all we know but it's like Journalists are using the "If we all say it's true then it must be true" method.

#9 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

Storage

I see nothing about 8GB.

What! I could've sworn. Uggg, this is why I have to check everything, because invariably someone will prove me wrong :)
However, they do state it's flash memory, and since I've only ever heard 8 GB's, I'm banking on that. I suppose it could be more, but I think to get significantly higher you would need an internal harddrive.

#10 gomlkid

gomlkid

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

Meh, I have 1tb of USB storage.. I think I'm set

#11 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

I will buy an external harddrive with a lot of space. srs/
Probably 32 GB if needed or more?
USB Drive, cuz I will be doing stuff with an SD Card.
>.>
<.<

32???? If we consider online distribution and titles, plus that the wii U cd is 25 gigs single pass... 32 is a joke... I would suggest u this.. http://www.amazon.co...627891&sr=8-1��

or this one even better for performance... : http://www.amazon.co...39627891&sr=8-2

But u have to purchase an HDD case with the scorpio one

Edited by Orion, 13 June 2012 - 02:53 PM.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:06 AM

Pointless to buy a USB3 hard drive.
Wii U only supports USB2.
And there's no reason for USB3 yet, if they have optical storage as their main input then USB2 more than keeps up with that read speed.

Storage space shouldn't be a concern for anyone, unless you plan to buy a lot of eShop games, whether retail or eShop exclusives.
Nintendo won't have installs to hard drives if there's no hard drive as standard. And it's not something they'd be happy with people doing anyway, because it's a barrier to games.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:53 AM

We knew this already loooong time ago.
Posted Image

#14 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

It will need built in storage to store the OS and other features but it won't be rewritable. It will be flash based. Fine by me, I got a 500MB external HDD but I prefer physical media anyway (it's tangible and resellable)
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#15 BeyondSmash

BeyondSmash

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

32???? If we consider online distribution and titles, plus that the wii U cd is 25 gigs single pass... 32 is a joke... I would suggest u this.. http://www.amazon.co...627891&sr=8-1��

or this one even better for performance... : http://www.amazon.co...39627891&sr=8-2

Oh, I just thought it was a sort of flash memory so it was basically compressed meaning each game was smaller than 25 GB.
So thanks for the link. I'll have to get one in the US, though, because I'm not in UK...

#16 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

yeah just gave u an example of what U should buy :).. wii U will come with an sd card for ur saves.. So basically hdd is for games, game expansions, dlc, etc..

The internal hdd I showed u " Black scorpio by Western digital" may looks cheaper, but u have to get an enclosure too.. it has an offer with it.. Just look down bellow that says (buy scorpio with this =56 pounds).. its an enclosure..

3.5 inch hdds are even more faster.. 2.5 are portable, easy to transfer though.. When the time comes, u can ask for suggestions.. And whatever ur retailer sells..

Edited by Orion, 14 June 2012 - 09:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!