Photo

People think third party games don't sell on Nintendo systems?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

Posted Image

Then why does it say third party games sell the best on Nintendo systems? lol.

Edited by Meelow100, 13 June 2012 - 02:08 PM.

#2 Zebra

Zebra

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Cave Story

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

Delete this post of lies immediately! Nintendo cannot do anything right! (Sarcasm)

Another lie bites the dust.

#3 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

nice detective work :) of course the lie that third parties don't sell on nintendo systems became apparent soon after last year's E3. the launch line up for the wii u from third parties is better than any system has had for it's launch in history, third parties don't usually jump on board until after they see system sales. for the first time ever, third parties are going 60% all out on a new system. they usually go 20%
Posted Image

#4 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

The assumption is likely based on more hardcore games, than casual ones. Of course any typical Wii party or fitness game is going to sell well simply because of the huge install base of Wii owners who, quite simply, don't know any better and have a tendency to buy more shovelwarey games. But, the question is, does a game like The Conduit, No More Heroes, or Madworld sell on the Wii? And would they sell better on the 360 or PS3 perhaps, which is part of what puts 3rd parties off of the idea of Nintendo exclusivity?

The sad fact is, Nintendo themselves do have a near monopoly on hardcore games when it comes to the Wii. That never seemed to be the case with DS however, and the same with 3DS, so we just have to hope that 3rd parties will see much more success on Wii U and be more encouraged to invest in games for it in the future.

Posted Image

#5 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

The assumption is likely based on more hardcore games, than casual ones. Of course any typical Wii party or fitness game is going to sell well simply because of the huge install base of Wii owners who, quite simply, don't know any better and have a tendency to buy more shovelwarey games. But, the question is, does a game like The Conduit, No More Heroes, or Madworld sell on the Wii? And would they sell better on the 360 or PS3 perhaps, which is part of what puts 3rd parties off of the idea of Nintendo exclusivity?

The sad fact is, Nintendo themselves do have a near monopoly on hardcore games when it comes to the Wii. That never seemed to be the case with DS however, and the same with 3DS, so we just have to hope that 3rd parties will see much more success on Wii U and be more encouraged to invest in games for it in the future.

that's usually the fault of the third parties, they don't advertise, i never once saw an advert for monster hunter tri on the wii, i only discovered its existence a few weeks ago and i really want it, just one example, same with xenoblade, i bought it as soon as i found out about it, but that was a year later than it launched (i know xenoblade is nintendo but the analogy works)
Posted Image

#6 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

It's all thanks to Crapcom.

Seriously.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#7 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

Shovelware, maybe?

Anyway, they used to sell a lot. Then MW2 came and convinced everyone to switch consoles. At least, that's what happened where I am.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#8 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

meh the wii is barely higher than the 360's not to mention there are like 40 million more wii's than 360's

#9 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

Because they really don't. Kid and party games (shovelware) sell decently enough on the Wii, which is probably the bulk of that chart. Companies like EA can make multiple Catz, Dogz, Horsez, etc with hypothetically small profit margins that add up in the long run because they put no effort into them. People who put more money and effort into their games have a harder time breaking even on a console that's stereotypically weaker and has a casual audience with a low attach rate.
Posted Image

#10 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

that's usually the fault of the third parties, they don't advertise, i never once saw an advert for monster hunter tri on the wii, i only discovered its existence a few weeks ago and i really want it, just one example, same with xenoblade, i bought it as soon as i found out about it, but that was a year later than it launched (i know xenoblade is nintendo but the analogy works)

Xenoblade is only around a month or two old, unless you live in a country other than the US. If so please ignore the stupid American. :P Lol.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#11 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

All that third party shovelware.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#12 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

That has got to be shovelware, with a handful of 3rd party gems.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#13 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

That has got to be shovelware, with a handful of 3rd party gems.

Exactly, a graph can only say so much.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:14 AM

Then why does it say third party games sell the best on Nintendo systems? lol.

The expectations are that they should sell as well as first party games.
Nintendo's only competitors in that arena are Call of Duty, and other record-breaking games.

Therefore, third party games don't sell.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:27 AM

Those third party games are exclusive to Wii. It's not a fair comparison. Wait for the Wii U and it's multiplats and how they sell compared to the 720/PS4 (not fair to compare PS360 because they have huge install bases compared to Wii U) Compare the sales of Assassin's Creed III, BLops 2, Fifa, and NHL sell on all 3 consoles to see where he true third parties sell.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#16 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:16 AM

Xenoblade is only around a month or two old, unless you live in a country other than the US. If so please ignore the stupid American. :P Lol.

haha im in the UK :P
Posted Image

#17 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

To answer the question, yes.

And what in the world is wrong with the y-axis? Over what period of time is this?

Edited by Jakester897, 14 June 2012 - 11:42 AM.

Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#18 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

There is a misconception of what shovelware is or is not. Would Duck Hunt be considered shovelware in this day and age? People seem to forget that most gamers started off as kids. I'm sure there are more kids than 18 - 40 years old out there. Is Price is Right, Jeopardy, and any other game show game considered shovelware? Why not call them inexpensive games instead? That is what they are. Games that doesn't cost a lot. If a publisher publishes a low budget game that consist of a lot of shooting, blood, and gore would it be shovelware if the masses love it.

#19 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

No shovelware is when a developers half a$$ develops a game and rushes the product to market to try and make a profit.

#20 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

No shovelware is when a developers half a$$ develops a game and rushes the product to market to try and make a profit.

So by that definition if Ubisoft half develops AC IV, then that game is shovelware. Same for GTA V or any of the big named games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!