#1 SpacePope

SpacePope

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:10 AM

http://emilyrogersbl...-wii-u-project/

This is an Emily Rogers rumor FYI.

Basically, the majority of the people who worked on the Metroid Prime series were either laid off or left to work at other companies. The Retro that exists now is a shadow of its former self. The fact that Uncharted developers were hired by Retro, plus the large list of people that left makes me think this is very real.

I don't know if its the working conditions or the deadlines, but something is making people jump ship at Retro. After their Wii U project is done, a ton are planning to leave for other companies like BioWare (perhaps because having Retro in your resume will land you a better paying gig?). It seems Nintendo is continually hiring developers from across the industry to fill in this gap, since Retro is first-party.

Either way, I hope their next game doesn't bomb because of this. I'm sure it wont, since the DKCR project was a great success after the main Metroid team left. But it just goes to show you how many people get hired and leave the company.

EDIT: After some research, it seems the Metroid team departure was already well known, and that the biggest rumor is how unstable their workforce really is.

Edited by SpacePope, 15 June 2012 - 02:34 AM.

#2 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:20 AM

R.I.P. Retro Studios. You will be missed.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#3 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:45 AM

Everything will be fine.
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#4 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:02 AM

Worrying, sure, but when they're hiring people from studios like Naughty Dog and the former SOCOM team I almost start to think that Retro could become better as a result of this.

And besides, this has been an ongoing thing for years now. The Metroid Prime devs that left did so after Corruption, yet that didn't stop DKCR from being a brilliant game.

Nintendo also has this certain expertise that allows their first party studios to produce excellent work even if they're actually rather mediocre. Look at Silicon Knights, for instance. Under Nintendo alone as a publisher, they made Eternal Darkness which was brilliant. With Konami AND Nintendo as publisher, they made MGS Twin Snakes, which was at least decent. But with Microsoft? They made Too Human... which was... plain bad. <_<

Posted Image

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:04 AM

This isn't new.
Retro have always had these problems.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:24 AM

They'll be fine. This is Retro after all.
And besides, this comes from Emily Rodgers...

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#7 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:28 AM

They'll be fine. This is Retro after all.

>most of the team behind Metroid Prime leaves
>a ton of employees are planning to leave
>they'll be fine

k.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#8 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:08 AM

Another nintendo is doomed article to get those that want to see them fail excited. How can we get nintendo hater hyped up that nintendo and wii u will fail? Let's start a rumors about what some will say is their best development studio who has a game in the works that rumors suggest is MASSIVE, AMAZING, AND A WORK OF ART. Seriously one of the developers for the game (who previously worked for naughty dog btw you know the makers of uncharted the game most gamers think is the best of this gen) said this game would be the CROWNING ACHIEVMENT OF HIS CAREER. If you guys believe this pile of crap I feel sad for you. Development teams break up and lose people all the time in this industry it just happens. Sad people are gonna believe this as fact.

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=169816

Edited by TRON, 15 June 2012 - 04:06 AM.

#9 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:27 AM

Emily Rodgers? isnt that the girl who blogs about how she dates/sleeps with developers in order to get information and inside rumors?

​
vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#10 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

Yeah! I totally believe this! It goes with the "Nintendo is doomed!!11one" rumors!

I hope your sarcasm detector is on.
No sig.

#11 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

Let's not believe it because it's a bad rumour for Nintendo.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#12 GamingGolfer

GamingGolfer

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

http://www.gonintend...story&id=179316

Guys, yesterday this rumor was confirmed fake by Retro Studios themselves. They even said so on facebook!

#13 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

Emily Rogers is still around? I thought she dropped off the face of the earth after E3 last year. Well, considering that the departure of the Metroid Prime team happened years ago; Donkey Kong Country Returns was still a masterpiece; recently they've been hiring some experienced and talented devs; Retro themselves has confirmed that these stories of disarray are false; and that pretty much everything that came out of Emily Rogers mouth in the past has been total bull crap, even to the point that she tried to pass off obviously photoshopped pictures as screenshots of Pikmin 3 and Endless Ocean; I'm gonna call BS on this story.
Posted Image

#14 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

i don't understand why people take rumour as fact? it just doesn't make sense to do that
Posted Image

#15 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

Don't worry...about a thing. Cuz' every little thing...is gonna be alright!

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#16 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

Or we can just not believe it because Retro themselves said it's complete bullcrap.

Seriously, people still listen to this lady? I mean, come on. You should've gotten the hint after the fake Pikmin 3/Endless Ocean 3 screenshots.

i don't understand why people take rumour as fact? it just doesn't make sense to do that

Because my dear Crackkat, Nintendo haters will take any possible chance to hate on Nintendo or any of its affiliated companies, irregardless of the logic behind it. You can see that on this thread, for instance.

Edited by GameCollector, 15 June 2012 - 08:55 AM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#17 SpacePope

SpacePope

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

Makes me wish I had more experience with this blog beforehand -.- Applying negative spin control hand brake...

Also, there were a bunch of Retro job postings in the past few days so it makes me think they're working on multiple projects at the moment.

Edited by SpacePope, 15 June 2012 - 01:34 PM.

#18 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

It's from Emily Rogers, a person that's lied all the time last year when the Wii U was refered to as project cafe and stream. All her "insider" info was all faked. That's why it shouldn't be believed, another reason is that Retro is hiring extra people (not replacements for leavers).

It's not because it's a negative rumour, it's because it's a rumour that has evidence pointing in the other direction.

On a side note, I get the world has opposite to everyone and that your an opposite to NinStream, but both of you seriously need to open your minds.

More like do a fusion and actually be wise and not immature.

#19 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=179316

Guys, yesterday this rumor was confirmed fake by Retro Studios themselves. They even said so on facebook!

/thread

Honestly I have zero doubt in Retro.
No sig.

#20 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

Nintendo also has this certain expertise that allows their first party studios to produce excellent work even if they're actually rather mediocre. Look at Silicon Knights, for instance. Under Nintendo alone as a publisher, they made Eternal Darkness which was brilliant. With Konami AND Nintendo as publisher, they made MGS Twin Snakes, which was at least decent. But with Microsoft? They made Too Human... which was... plain bad. <_<

That's because Nintendo and Microsoft are completely different. Nintendo believes in hands on, and creativity. Microsoft believes in a hands off. And Silicon Knights is a bad example of this, because they are a good developer, but better with Nintendo.

Rare is the best example of this. RIP Rare, not RIP Retro.

How about the people who made MP3 didn't make MP. This has been happening for a long, long time. And I wouldn't doubt this is the ONLY studio that has this trouble. As long as they can replace the talent they loose -- which they have and are -- they will be fine. But if you want to be like that, let's also ignore all the "Nintendo is not doomed" rumors, because, well it's Nintendo, it's gatta die, right?

(Side note, this is a Nintendo fan site ...)

Rumor = Truth, you should learn English man (sarcasm)

Also, there were a bunch of Retro job postings in the past few days so it makes me think they're working on multiple projects at the moment.

That's probably true, which is a GOOD thing.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!