Photo

NEW RUMOR: Retro's Wii U Project is a Star Wars FPS?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

Hey, if it's a Wii U exclusive Star Wars Battlefront 3 then I'm fine with that. But it's probably Star Fox.

#22 SpacePope

SpacePope

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Lol this is worse than mine.

There's already a game called Star Wars 1313, an FPS not developed by Retro. Check it out.

Edited by SpacePope, 15 June 2012 - 01:05 PM.

#23 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

Yeah, no.

#24 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

Lol this is worse than mine.

There's already a game called Star Wars 1313, an FPS not developed by Retro. Check it out.

Eh that's not a FPS it's TPG it's not just a shooter. Lightsabers!

#25 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

No, lucas arts would handle star wars games.

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron. Factor 5 and Nintendo. Was Lucas Arts part of that title?

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron. Factor 5 and Nintendo. Was Lucas Arts part of that title?

OK, yes, it was LOL. So yeah, I doubt this rumor now too.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#26 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

So I managed to get some more info as to this propaganda.

After emailing Retro about this, I received the typical corporate response;

"Here at Retro Studios we do not confirm or deny on Rumors or Speculations, however we do listen to our fans feedback and consideration.

Thank You,
David Reed"

NOW THE BIG SCOOP, after re-emailing my friend asking her to re-analyze her response, she replied saying:

"My visit to Retro Studios allowed me to see a Star Wars first person shooter. While I can see the confusion, I was not informed of any details, only observing the facilities and seeing several workers with Wii U GamePads and monitors detailing what appears to be a Star Wars-like First Person Shooter, due to the similarities that I noticed from the Franchise. I cannot confirm that this was a Star Wars game, although I can confirm that they are developing a Wii U First Person Shooter. I hope this clears up any confusion."

So she seemed to have changed statements as far as I see, however this does prove something's. (Assuming that she's not lying, however she's in the game industry, so it's 50/50)

Again, what do you think with these responses. BTW I mentioned in the email I sent her about Star Fox and Metroid aspects to be compared to what she saw.
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#27 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

"Here at Retro Studios we do not confirm or deny on Rumors or Speculations, however we do listen to our fans feedback and consideration.

Thank You,
David Reed"

NOW THE BIG SCOOP, after re-emailing my friend asking her to re-analyze her response, she replied saying:

"My visit to Retro Studios allowed me to see a Star Wars first person shooter. While I can see the confusion, I was not informed of any details, only observing the facilities and seeing several workers with Wii U GamePads and monitors detailing what appears to be a Star Wars-like First Person Shooter, due to the similarities that I noticed from the Franchise. I cannot confirm that this was a Star Wars game, although I can confirm that they are developing a Wii U First Person Shooter. I hope this clears up any confusion."

So she seemed to have changed statements as far as I see, however this does prove something's. (Assuming that she's not lying, however she's in the game industry, so it's 50/50)

Again, what do you think with these responses. BTW I mentioned in the email I sent her about Star Fox and Metroid aspects to be compared to what she saw.

Metroid Prime 4 FTW!

#28 Steve

Steve

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft has replaced all others...

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

If only battlefront III was true... although the recent game informer update on it (which I had been thinking of asking them about) may stir something up. Also I want Jurassic Park 4 and A jetpack. Hurry up, inventors and directors!

Edited by Steve, 17 June 2012 - 05:22 PM.

I am, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof, and incapable of error.

#29 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

If only battlefront III was true...

Battlefront 3 or Metroid Prime 4 with online multiplayer. Either way I'm good.

#30 GamingGolfer

GamingGolfer

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

Thank You,
David Reed"

If what your friend is saying is true, this is either some IP we've never heard about or Star Fox, because it's very similar to Star Wars.

#31 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

Hopefully it's not star wars or starfox and they are really working on a good Pokemon console game

#32 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:37 AM

i hope its another metroid
Posted Image

#33 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:05 AM

If this is true then it's either a metroid fps or a starfox fps.

28gxdv8.png

#34 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:13 AM

i really dont want a starfox game unless they can make it sandbox or free flight the onrail shooter thing does not interest me

bring on metroid that is the game were you really do feel like a girl on a strange planet all alone. lol u really do feel like a girl

Hopefully it's not star wars or starfox and they are really working on a good Pokemon console game

it better not be pokemon!!!

#35 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:38 AM

Thank You,
David Reed"

So she saw lightsabers? X-wings? Something like that? Would she be able to tell the difference between an Arwing and an X-wing?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#36 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

i really dont want a starfox game unless they can make it sandbox or free flight the onrail shooter thing does not interest me

I agree with this^^^^

it better not be pokemon!!!

Your telling me you wouldnt want some epic open world pokemon console game. like a pokemon mmo

Posted Image

#37 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

ALL ABOARD!
THE RUMOR TRAIN

retro is up to something but i would rather not speculate on it
:laugh:

#38 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

ALL ABOARD!
THE RUMOR TRAIN

retro is up to something but i would rather not speculate on it

Why not? That's whats fun about this whole thing.

#39 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:58 AM

I agree with this^^^^

Your telling me you wouldnt want some epic open world pokemon console game. like a pokemon mmo

Posted Image

Lol what game is that. The graphics on the rocky hill are very beautiful.
No sig.

#40 Mitchjg216

Mitchjg216

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

Lol what game is that. The graphics on the rocky hill are very beautiful.

It's Skyrim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!