Photo

IGN discovered something interesting...

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

http://www.ign.com/w...ii_U_Tech_Specs

This comes from the GPU part:

According rumors about details leaked by a Ubisoft employee just before E3 2012, the console uses an AMD Radeon HD 6770 and supports DirectX 11 

DISCLAIMER: All rumors and possible idiot Ubisoft Employees!
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#2 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

Ah, this is just a re-iteration of that stupid rumour from last month. In other words: Fake.

#3 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

Is this good anyway?
Posted Image

#4 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

Direct X is owned by Microsoft. They can't use that tech. So in other words, it is a falsehood.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#5 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

Direct X is owned by Microsoft. They can't use that tech. So in other words, it is a falsehood.

I think they ment that the architecture of the radeon 6770 can handle directx11
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#6 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

I think they ment that the architecture of the radeon 6770 can handle directx11

They should say that then. I still think that it is probably fake, but oh well.

Mig_Sig.png

#7 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

*facepalm*

Posted Image

#8 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

*facepalm*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX#Compatibility

*facepalm*

Last bit of the intro.

Mig_Sig.png

#9 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:51 AM

Ah, this is just a re-iteration of that stupid rumour from last month. In other words: Fake.

Is this the same old fake Ubisoft employee rumour? Numerous sites are quoted this old article from Wii U daily.

*facepalm*

Only Microsoft can use DX, it's built into Windows. A small subset of Direct3D is ported to the Xbox Development suite. Sony and Nintendo use their variation of OpenGL, PSGL and GX2 respectively.

#10 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

The gpu is right.

Hey if ubisoft wants to start spilling the beans...

But actually it makes sense. Nintendo is getting a great deal with guaranteed tens of millions in sales. The gpu is not going to cost Nintendo anywhere near what it costs the consumer.

And the gpu does support direct x as well as Open GL, which Nintendo and Sony use. (I sense an idtech playground on wii u).

They could license direct x if they wanted to, but they don't for obvious reasons. The same reasons you don't see bluray being licensed by Nintendo, apple, or ms (though that could change).

The launch games were designed without the benefit of this gpu being the target. The ram target was also much smaller.

In a year, the real stuff projects will be completed and available.

#11 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:19 AM

thats what i was hopping.. but the latest leaks about the early devs.. speak about a 4630-4650 gpu card.. 8 rops.. (they dont name it, but they picture it)

Graphics and Video
  • Modern unified shader architecture.
  • 32MB high-bandwidth eDRAM, supports 720p 4x MSAA or 1080p rendering in a single pass.
  • HDMI and component video outputs.
Features
  • Unified shader architecture executes vertex, geometry, and pixel shaders
  • Multi-sample anti-aliasing (2, 4, or 8 samples per pixel)
  • Read from multi-sample surfaces in the shader
  • 128-bit floating point HDR texture filtering
  • High resolution texture support (up to 8192 x 8192) (that means 8 rops, just like 360 and ps3)
  • Indexed cube map arrays
  • 8 render targets
  • Independent blend modes per render target
  • Pixel coverage sample masking
  • Hierarchical Z/stencil buffer
  • Early Z test and Fast Z Clear
  • Lossless Z & stencil compression
  • 2x/4x/8x/16x high quality adaptive anisotropic filtering modes
  • sRGB filtering (gamma/degamma)
  • Tessellation unit
  • Stream out support
  • Compute shader support
Also the resolutions... If it was a modern gpu, it should write (480p 720p 1080i 1080p 1400p ...) but it stops at 1080p... that means is a 4630-4650 OR 4850 gpu

i was hopping for a 6770

Either ways.. Do u remember a Raggie announcement, that wii U can do better than 1080p? but this announcement is buried somewhere.. many months ago..

Edited by Orion, 19 June 2012 - 02:41 AM.

#12 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:41 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 01:36 AM.

#13 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:52 AM

what IGN repeats... is a Ubisoft leak.. it is not IGN's

#14 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:59 AM

Also the resolutions... If it was a modern gpu, it should write (480p 720p 1080i 1080p 1400p ...) but it stops at 1080p... that means is a 4630-4650 OR 4850 gpu
i was hopping for a 6770

Either ways.. Do u remember a Raggie announcement, that wii U can do better than 1080p? but this announcement is buried somewhere.. many months ago..

Isn't HDMI baisically Single link DVI? You can't get 1200+ resolution with a single link DVI IIRC, so 1440P and 1600P are out of the question, if it was supported then the games would just be upscaled.

what IGN repeats... is a Ubisoft leak.. it is not IGN's

I'm confused, is this the same "Ubisoft" Leak that was proven false, because that fake leak said 6770 and other things that have been said in the post.

#15 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:03 AM

doesnt matter if the connection can give maximum 1080p in the TV, the gpu specs stop at 1080p.. for example the xbox 720 and ps4 leaks speak about 1440p maximum for the gpu... that means modern.

And yes this is the leak from UBISOFT... but it was another leak from beyond3d before that, that said the same thing.. months ago and they referred to DEV - 4

Edited by Orion, 19 June 2012 - 03:20 AM.

#16 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:27 AM

doesnt matter if the connection can give maximum 1080p in the TV, the gpu specs stop at 1080p.. for example the xbox 720 and ps4 leaks speak about 1600p maximum for the gpu... that means modern.

And yes this is the leak from UBISOFT... but it was another leak from beyond3d before that, that said the same thing.. months ago and they referred to DEV - 4

Though the UBI leak was proven fake, but that intruiges me that it's Dev-4. That's weird because according to IdeaMan from Gaf, Dev kit 4 had hardware change to run UE4, If this is V4 of the kit then those rumours from gaf are false.

I can see from the size of the console that not much cooling is necesarry, so I agree with the idea of it being a Radeon 4xxx chip, unless they've some how got a more recent GPU and had it engineered to run less hot.

#17 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:30 AM

no the leaked specs I posted here as well.. is from dev1 and dev 2

dev3 dev 4 dev5 is still a mystery.. Thats the truth, so thats why I always say.. I will wait for hardware reviews.. Also the cpu is not real... I mean in dev1 and 2.. yes it was.. but nintendo in their oficial specs announcement, they refer to a POWER cpu... this leaks speak about a POWER PC... that means wii U will have a different cpu...

Edited by Orion, 19 June 2012 - 03:34 AM.

#18 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:06 AM

no the leaked specs I posted here as well.. is from dev1 and dev 2

dev3 dev 4 dev5 is still a mystery.. Thats the truth, so thats why I always say.. I will wait for hardware reviews.. Also the cpu is not real... I mean in dev1 and 2.. yes it was.. but nintendo in their oficial specs announcement, they refer to a POWER cpu... this leaks speak about a POWER PC... that means wii U will have a different cpu...

Ahh ok I got you. So we're back at point speculation then. In your opinion what do you think its running? Because early leaks said tri core IBM and R7XX GPU when it was known as project cafe.

Like you mentioned before the size of the console seems to show a low heat generating chip as considering there is no need for a lot of ventaltion.

#19 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:35 AM

IGN comments always.. amuse me.

But we won't know specs until its release date, and we don't even know that date, so we just have to be patient.
No sig.

#20 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

Somehow, nintendo.. after the leaks, start preparing their customers, that wii U is not about power, blablabla.. they said many things in times.

So I believe is going to be a bit better, but not that f#$# better.. lol .. So I dont know about 6770, it would be a huge surprise. As for the CPU, I believe is going to be 3 cores 9 threads.. If wii U can support 2 screen virtual controllers, its hard to believe, is going to be 6 threads.. Except if wii U is 4 cores / 8 threads. (dont forget that the POWER7 cpu that wii U got, can have up to 4 cores 16 threads... )

1 thread is going for the OS, the other thread is going to the sensors, etc... 1 core 2 threads for the games and 1 core 2 threads for the controllers? hard to believe that 1 core 2 threads can handle 2 controllers with screen.. Its not about only GPU, ..

Dont forget that the wii U controllers are virtual, u can move them in different directions and u can see different content of the game... virtual.. And that needs lots of cpu power to!!

PS4 and XBOX720, may support a tablet, but it will be NO virtual thing as nintendo wii U. So ps4 and xbox720, need gpu power and less cpu power.. Wii U needs cpu and gpu at the max..

Edited by Orion, 19 June 2012 - 10:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!